34 Day Holiday (Visa Required?) Uk

Hi

My wife and i are off to Thailand for a 34 day Holiday.

I have just been reading that, I can only get up-to 30 day visa on arrival when entering Thailand and I have read that you can get a 60 day Holiday Visa, But i don't think this is the case.

Luckily I am staying in Jomtien on the last 10 days off our holiday and i believe that i need to get a extension at a cost of 200 baht or i will have to pay 2000 Baht for a over stay when leaving Thailand.

My Wife is holds a Thai Passport, So it wont effect her. (She has a 27 Month spouse Visa)

Is it possible to get a 60 Day Visa on Entering Thailand? and should i ask for advice when i get my passport stamped on entering Thailand.

any Advice would be great

Thank you

Malc

The fine is 500 baht per day and you are subject to arrest and jail during any such period so not a good option. As you appear to be married to a Thai a 60 day extension of stay could be granted to you to visit your wife if she has Thai ID card/home register and willing to visit immigration with you. Cost would be the normal 1,900 baht of any extension of stay using TM.7 form. Why not just spend 1,000 baht for a tourist visa before you travel? Airline could refuse you boarding without a visa or onward travel within the normal 30 day visa exempt entry.

Just get a single entry tourist visa from Hull,this will give you 60 days upon arrival and save any hassle with the airlines for a start and having to take a trip to immigration to obtain an extension etc.

Edited by stoneyboy
  • Like 1

If you are close to Hull or another UK consulate you can apply in person and it takes a mere 30 minutes,if you were to down load the forms and get the application posted today it's most likely that it will be back with you it's normally in my experience a 3 day turn around if you use recorded delivery.

It's a little close to the wind time wise to be honest for postal but not out of the question .

Hull consulate download link below.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Edited by stoneyboy

either get a visa prior to travel, the easiest and cheaper option

or book a throw away plane ticket out of thailand within 30 days of arriving and then extend at local immigration whilst in jomtein 1.900 baht

it is not worth the risk of being refused boarding by the airline

Thank you all for your help, it was by chance today that i read about someones Passport going missing and issues with Visa's that i checked regarding my forth coming holiday, If i had not read that post, i would have been in deep Sh££ when checking in at Manchester.

I have been in touch with the consulate in Hull and they have assured me that i will get my passport back with the visa on Tuesday.

At the moment, I am a little shook up with the shock of not knowing and what could have happened. Been to Thailand many times but never for 34 days, so never took notice on the length of time before having to get a visa.

Thank you all again

Malc

• Like 1

One possible soluion is to have a one way low priced throwaway e-ticket booked online with somebody like airasia.com for sometime before 30 days. Their website lets you select month view and you can check out all destinations and see which day is cheapest. It's pretty interesting how the price varies by day.

Last time I looked, Phnom Penh was one of the cheapest as I recall, and most days towards the end of March were around 1690 baht but there may be cheaper fares if you click around. You will still need a visa run or an extension to avoid overstay risk, but that will get you on the plane if time is of the essence.

Visa arrived today!!! i was so lucky

Glad to hear it,I guessed you just had enough time,that and the fact that Hull are usually very speedy with Tourist Visas at least,enjoy your hols.

Edited by stoneyboy
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

4. Royal Thai Consulate in GLASGOW, Scotland

Address: 4, Woodside Place, Charing Cross, Glasgow G3 7QF

Tel: 0141 353 5090 Fax: 0141 3322 928

Hi, i normally always applied for my Thai visas to Hull. Can i now apply to this Glasgow address then? I am only 45 minutes on the train from there so that would be better and leave the application until later by just going there personally?

thanks in advance :-)

Hi, i normally always applied for my Thai visas to Hull. Can i now apply to this Glasgow address then? I am only 45 minutes on the train from there so that would be better and leave the application until later by just going there personally?

Yes

What type of visa do you want? Requirements have changed recently for some visas.

Yes

What type of visa do you want? Requirements have changed recently for some visas.

Hi, it would've just been the double entry tourist visa as i'll be heading over in November for 5 months.

One possible soluion is to have a one way low priced throwaway e-ticket booked online with somebody like airasia.com for sometime before 30 days. Their website lets you select month view and you can check out all destinations and see which day is cheapest. It's pretty interesting how the price varies by day.

Last time I looked, Phnom Penh was one of the cheapest as I recall, and most days towards the end of March were around 1690 baht but there may be cheaper fares if you click around. You will still need a visa run or an extension to avoid overstay risk, but that will get you on the plane if time is of the essence.

I'm curious.

How low is that low price?

"One possible soluion (sic) is to have a one way low priced throwaway e-ticket booked online with somebody like airasia.com for sometime before 30 days. Their website lets you select month view and you can check out all destinations and see which day is cheapest. It's pretty interesting how the price varies by day."?

I read on here about fellows wanting a hotel for less that 600 THB at times.

just asking...

No problem getting tourist visa. Do it as close to your departure date because visa validity is from date of issue.

Cheers for the info. As i say Glasgow is closer for me so as i can go a couple of days before i leave and get it the same day instead of posting it away to Hull well in advance like i have done for previous visas. :-)

• 5 months later...

I am now almost at the end of my 2nd tourist visa entry. So, i have 2 options..i think?

I can either print out forms and all that then go to Nakhon Sawan and pay the 1,900 fee for the 30 day extension....or i can again go to Mae Sot, leave and return again? Into Myanmar over the friendship bridge and come back...i want to confirm that i do indeed get a further 30 days extension now on a land border crossing.

I know it used to be only 15 days but i'm sure i read it's now 30 days if i cross the border via land as opposed to an air?

I'm from the UK by the way. It seems like if this is the case i can just go to Mae Sot again and come back over with the required 30 day extension without form filling and costs for Nakhon Sawan? Is this correct or have i got this all wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.