Do Thai-Farang Marriages Survive The Menopause

andrew

Many marriages don't make it past the menopause.

Here in Thailand, the menopause kicks in much earlier. Some sources quote an average age of 44 years.

Plenty of good articles out there ............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1393243/Will-YOUR-marriage-survive-menopause.html

http://www.healthywomen.org/content/blog-entry/will-your-marriage-survive-menopause

Any of you guys got stories to tell?

I've got plenty of time on my side. My GF is 32.

But I'm still interested in knowing what comes later.

Edited by andrew

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My land-lady is going through this, has been for about five years, I survive because I am not a target, her boyfriend on the other hand is a wreck.

Thanks for sharing.

Does it really last for for five years?

I am not there yet. But the male midlife-crises coincides and overlaps the menopause state of awareness as i have been told...whistling.gifcoffee1.gif

This will not be a blood bath, it will be carnagebiggrin.png .

Quick and discreet releases of 'tension' on both sides and staying nice to each other will go a long waywai.gif .

I have a Thai wife and live in the UK. We are trying for a family, she is 39, only five years to go...

Good luck to you.

I guess you've read all the GUIDE TO HEALTHY PREGNANCY websites.

Am I correct -- Tony Blair's wife conceived for the third time when she was 37/8/9??

My land-lady is going through this, has been for about five years, I survive because I am not a target, her boyfriend on the other hand is a wreck.

Thanks for sharing.

Does it really last for for five years?

My mother had it for about 30. wink.png

I think I know what you mean by that, but I won't say any more.

I have a Thai wife and live in the UK. We are trying for a family, she is 39, only five years to go...

Mate ... after the age of 35 ... the chances of conceiving naturally diminish exponentially.

If you are serious and not already on an IVF program ... good luck.

Maybe consider that on your next visit to Thailand with the missus ... so much cheaper there apparently, unless you get it for free under the NHS?

• Like 1

I also observe a 'gap' between 35 and 44 for woman. This should be named '2nd adulthood' perhaps....

Mmmmm.

My advice

if you can't get a woman in your own country and feel the need to come to Thailand to get one -- aim for the age range 26-32.

Sure, you can give or take a couple of years or two. But avoid the "left on the shelf" rejects who're approaching 40; avoid too the girls who're a bit too young.

I also observe a 'gap' between 35 and 44 for woman. This should be named '2nd adulthood' perhaps....

Mmmmm.

My advice

if you can't get a woman in your own country and feel the need to come to Thailand to get one -- aim for the age range 26-32.

Sure, you can give or take a couple of years or two. But avoid the "left on the shelf" rejects who're approaching 40; avoid too the girls who're a bit too young.

Mental note saved..

Hmmm, are you speaking out of experience?..rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

My TGF is 23 this year, so I have years of exercise and happieness ahead. When thinking about leaving my ex wife I did take into account her approaching menopause years. Based that she was high maintenance already I did not want added menopause emotions as well. My worry now is keeping my TGF happy for the next 20 years. I might need some product to help me thinks.

• Like 1

My TGF is 23 this year, so I have years of exercise and happieness ahead. When thinking about leaving my ex wife I did take into account her approaching menopause years. Based that she was high maintenance already I did not want added menopause emotions as well. My worry now is keeping my TGF happy for the next 20 years. I might need some product to help me this

how old are you, I'm guessing there is a serious age gap of epic proportions.

Mmmmm.

My advice

7 yrs on this forum, best advice yet, well done sir, well done

Good luck to you.

Am I correct -- Tony Blair's wife conceived for the third time when she was 37/8/9??

My wife had our daughter at 37.

Good luck to you.

Yes, and another spoiled brat entered the world.

• Like 2

Mate ... after the age of 35 ... the chances of conceiving naturally diminish exponentially.

Maybe consider that on your next visit to Thailand with the missus ... so much cheaper there apparently, unless you get it for free under the NHS?

Rubbish!

I managed when her age was 40 and again at age 43 ..... zero problems with conception, pregnancies or babies.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Are you guys actually serious about tossing a woman to the curb because of a natural change in life termed menopause? Nice. Real classy.

If the woman was stricken with cancer, would you make a run for the door too? Whatever, happened to marrying someone and staying with them in sickness or in health? And yet some of the lotharios laughing at abandoning a woman in menopause would expect that same woman to care for every need and whim if the man was ill. Lovely double standard.

She hates you, she wants to harm you in any way she can, this is her only aim in life.

Now try living with that person for 10 years.

Living with a woman who has cancer is a lot easier than living with a woman who has a bad menopause.

A woman with cancer doesn't take your house and pension when she departs.

This is a typical story that closely matches my experience.

http://ehealthforum.com/health/wife-s-personality-changes-t192242-a1.html

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Rubbish!

I managed when her age was 40 and again at age 43 ..... zero problems with conception, pregnancies or babies.

TommoPhysicist ... agreed, some ladies who have both a genetic disposition and have taken good care of their health are indeed able to conceive wall after the average.

There will always be exceptions however ... if you were to look at the science, you will notice that, for the general population the birth rate for woman significantly diminishes after the age around 35 ...

Women_Age_Fertility_graph.gif

source

Have to say though ... really happy for you and your wife that you were able to share the joy of conceiving a family together. Well done ... clap2.gif

Its absolute tosh when women can give birth well into their fifties using egg collection and sperm implantation.

Next....

Mate, your medical knowledge is beyond reproach, however ...

There is a huge difference between a woman using her own eggs and the use of a younger womans donor eggs ...

female-age-fertility-graph.gif

• The chart shows falling success rates with increasing age starting at about age 28
  • Infertility increases with age so the curve gets steeper (egg quantity and quality drops faster) from about age 38
  • Using eggs over age 44 with IVF the chance to have a baby is under 2% per try
  • There is no drop in pregnancy rates by age of the recipient using donor eggs
  • Bottom line - the age of the egg matters, but the age of the uterus does not

Source

Wow, the expected bloodbath turned into a pissing contest, or duels using using graphs and statistics as weapons of choice.

tongue.png

Anyhow,

who really wants to have kids running around (or coming home late and drunk), until they are about to die of old age.

Dead and buried before the kid has graduated?

• Like 1