Insurance

Mosha

Named drivers does not have a huge impact on policy costs - maybe 3-5%. What does give you a big reduction in policy costs is opting for a deductible for accidents that you cause - I've managed discounts up to 90% of the deductible amount (i.e. a 5,000 Baht deductible resulting in a 4,500 Baht discount).

OK Thanks for that

Be advised if someone nicks your car and you have named drivers... a big problem if he has an accident no insurance!!!! as it's only insured whilst being driven by named drivers.

OK Thanks for that

Be advised if someone nicks your car and you have named drivers... a big problem if he has an accident no insurance!!!! as it's only insured whilst being driven by named drivers.

How can that be if the car have a "First class insurance" include theft?

OK Thanks for that

Did you get that from the policy conditions or first hand experience?

OK Thanks for that

Not so - if your car is stolen, there's no expectation that would you be able to foresee the name of the perp - any scenario here is covered under the theft section of your policy.

That said, a named policy does take on a high risk when it comes to servicing your car, as it's quite common for techs and admin staff to move your car about and take joy rides in it.

OK Thanks for that

Not so - if your car is stolen, there's no expectation that would you be able to foresee the name of the perp - any scenario here is covered under the theft section of your policy.

That said, a named policy does take on a high risk when it comes to servicing your car, as it's quite common for techs and admin staff to move your car about and take joy rides in it.

Ah ... so my wife doesn't know everything in the world then!!!

How much are you going to pay me NOT to forward this gem to your little lady? smile.png

Mr David ... I look forward to you mentioning it in passing ... she will have an answer ... mis-understanding!!

OK Thanks for that

LOL, Mine has several degrees, but as a general fountain of knowledge.. hrmm ;)

1st Class – Named driver(s)

Should you have your vehicle stolen the insurance would be responsible for damage to the vehicle and it is they who would (attempt) to recoup the cost from the thief. However do note (depending on the insurance company) there may be a deductible you would have to pay e.g. 6,000 Baht from AXA

• Like 1

Should you have your vehicle stolen the insurance would be responsible for damage to the vehicle and it is they who would (attempt) to recoup the cost from the thief. However do note (depending on the insurance company) there may be a deductible you would have to pay e.g. 6,000 Baht from AXA

6000 is a ballpark price for most claims..no matter who you are with.

Depends on the insurance company, so yes, it does matter who you are with.

Depends on the insurance company, so yes, it does matter who you are with.

I said Ballpark,did i not.

AA insurance. Thailand. thumbsup.gif

OK. Thanks.

I found them very detached from reality when I spoke to them a while ago, but maybe they deserve a second chance. They certainly cant be worse than a certain other expat idiot broker who posts on here.

Just use their Internet form and see what happens. smile.png