The New Honda Forza 300Cc

Rickster

I've started a new thread for the reason the current thread running has the wrong title (PCX 300cc) which may discourage people from posting about the new Forza. I have spoke to a moderator and changing the title is not an option due to forum owner rules. So he suggested i start a new thread with the correct title and then merge the old thread into it, therefore hopefully encouraging more posts about the bike....

Feel free to post your opinions, experiences, mods and anything else related to the new Forza including pics etc etc

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You want to put a link in the other thread to this one otherwise your gonna get comments in both and it becomes annoying for everyone,probably easier for mods to close other thread and add note topic continues here,all quite a lot of hassle just because the title was wrong imo should have just left it how it was

You want to put a link in the other thread to this one otherwise your gonna get comments in both and it becomes annoying for everyone,probably easier for mods to close other thread and add note topic continues here,all quite a lot of hassle just because the title was wrong imo should have just left it how it was

I think the mods are more than capable to close a thread and link it to this one, already done and no hassle at all......next!! coffee1.gif

It is sad to lose pages of ideas in the darkness of data vault though.

There were lots of info in the other thread.

Yep over 300 posts with a host of info gone all because the letters pcx was in the title if i was the one that started the other thread i wouldnt be to happy as it is i dont have or want this scooter so i dont care eitner way........::ph34r:

It is a bit strange that the mods even closed the other thread just on another members request, i can think off a few threads on the bike forum i would like closed wonder if the mods will assist me.

Edited by taninthai

Good luck on this thread and thanks for starting it. I finally saw a Forza in person the other day and I might just be old enough now that my ego could handle me purchasing a scooter (for myself that is). It isn't a thrilling bike to look at and they need more colors, but sitting on it makes you think that you could put a lot of miles on it without needing a stretch. 140kmh is fast enough for the unpredictable Thai highways.

I tried starting a decently titled thread for the new 500 Hondas. It almost took off, but then they went back to the Leaked pic thread. I don't see what the problem is with closing a thread, they still come up on search, and if you already read it, are you ever going to go back? And if you did go back, would you want to dig through 50 pages or is it better that it dies out in 10?

Edited by canuckamuck

It is a bit strange that the mods even closed the other thread just on another members request, i can think off a few threads on the bike forum i would like closed wonder if the mods will assist me.

This is what moderators are there for. Its a friendly crew and they like to help you if possible. So just contact them if you have a problem with certain threads or want to make a suggestion.

Jesus H if it upsets so many of you change it back, i just thought it would help people looking for info on the Forza and doing a search using the search function. I even asked the Mod in question to seek permission from the other thread starter first as i felt it was polite to the member. The other thread is only closed not deleted so the info is still there.......here is a link to it....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/610197-new-honda-pcx-300cc-available-in-thailand/

Sometimes i think you guys just come on here to seek arguments not bike info....go join a knitting forum instead!!!

If I shoehorned a Forza motor into my PCX would I still be able to call it a PCX 300?

Which leads me to the next question: Is there a big bore kit for the PCX?

There are a few around for the PCX 125...........not seen or heard of any yet for the 150.

Jesus H if it upsets so many of you change it back, i just thought it would help people looking for info on the Forza and doing a search using the search function. I even asked the Mod in question to seek permission from the other thread starter first as i felt it was polite to the member. The other thread is only closed not deleted so the info is still there.......here is a link to it....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/610197-new-honda-pcx-300cc-available-in-thailand/

Sometimes i think you guys just come on here to seek arguments not bike info....go join a knitting forum instead!!!

"go join a knitting forum instead!!!" Could you try and stay on topic......plus the mods don't want you in their knitting circle anyway! rolleyes.gif

If I shoehorned a Forza motor into my PCX would I still be able to call it a PCX 300?

Which leads me to the next question: Is there a big bore kit for the PCX?

There are a few around for the PCX 125...........not seen or heard of any yet for the 150.

Yes I know about the 125 kits. I would like to give the PCX some street cred and I thought maybe a Forza motor would drop in without to many mods.

Hi Guys,

I have been dropping in on this forum daily for about a month now as I am very interested in the new Honda Forza 300, and as I am an English guy living in Vienna (Austria) I wont get a chance to assess this scooter until June at the earliest!

It's a shame that since the old thread has been closed, there have been no more informative comments from you lucky owners out there in Thailand. I'm sure that I am not the only one seeking in depth reviews of the new Forza from "real" people who now own this bike.

So, how about some genuine useful data and experience about the Forza?

Acceleration? Fuel consumption? Storage space? top speed? wind buffeting from low screen? seat comfort and riding position?

The English speaking world is awaiting your opinions! biggrin.png

Thanks

SteVe

I had to go out to Asia Motors, BoWin to pick-up my number plate for the PCX. They didn't have one Forza or PCX on the showroom floor.

And why would you expect that they would? Ninety-nine point nine percent of their customers are Thai (40km outside Pattaya) who only buy Waves and Clicks (and a few Scoopy's - did they have any of them??). They will be happy to order a Forza or a PCX for you and deliver it within a week. But they certainly won't have one sitting on the showroom floor waiting for you to walk in and buy it. It would sit gathering dust for months -- and even if they did have one on the showroom floor and some farang came in to buy a Forza or PCX, he would probably order a different one because he didn't like the color of the one they had in stock.

I had to go out to Asia Motors, BoWin to pick-up my number plate for the PCX. They didn't have one Forza or PCX on the showroom floor.

And why would you expect that they would? Ninety-nine point nine percent of their customers are Thai (40km outside Pattaya) who only buy Waves and Clicks (and a few Scoopy's - did they have any of them??). They will be happy to order a Forza or a PCX for you and deliver it within a week. But they certainly won't have one sitting on the showroom floor waiting for you to walk in and buy it. It would sit gathering dust for months -- and even if they did have one on the showroom floor and some farang came in to buy a Forza or PCX, he would probably order a different one because he didn't like the color of the one they had in stock.

few months ago they had 8 outside the shop, non sold at that point, go to Tesco Bowin and you will see PCX 150s in the motor parking. Its called credit.

Edited by marstons

Took my Forza for it's 1000km first service. Now knowing full well this bike has an oil filter my main concern is whether they would be clued up enough to change it with the oil. I watched in the customer area and low and behold only oil changed not the filter. So before banging them to rights I gave Brian a call at Sumet and asked him to confirm that the oil filter should be changed at 1000km. Of course the answer was yes, so in i went to confront them with this info. I pointed out the oil filter on the bike and said in Thai to change "bian". All the mechanics said no need but more to the point they didn't have any stock and to seal the deal they didn't have the tool to remove the filter, I felt like saying "What, not even a long screwdriver"!!!

Anyway, i was getting no-where fast and demanded to see the manager. Manager came, looking none too happy and greeted me with i'm busy....can you be quick!!! Quick on the uptake, I retorted with "Busy learning the procedure of how to service the new Forza so you can teach your staff properly" to which he looked bewildered....I then went on to explain about oil and filters should be changed together on a service. He asked me if i was a qualified motorcycle mechanic to which i replied "No, not exactly but i've been an Aircraft Engineer for Rolls Royce for over 20 years, does that count" to which he promptly invited me to his office. No idea why but his whole demeanor changed and was suddenly keen for me to impart my knowledge so he could improve his service wherever he could. He made a few phone calls to confirm what i'd said about oil and filters and then apologised profusely at questioning my stand, explaining mine was the first to come back for the 1000km service and they were still learning about this bike.

Anyway, as a result, he has ordered 5 oil filter cup removal tools and more importantly 20 oil filters for his stock. He also said he would service my bike for the next 3 services for free inc parts for bringing this to his attention!!! beggars belief blink.png

Took my Forza for it's 1000km first service. Now knowing full well this bike has an oil filter my main concern is whether they would be clued up enough to change it with the oil. I watched in the customer area and low and behold only oil changed not the filter. So before banging them to rights I gave Brian a call at Sumet and asked him to confirm that the oil filter should be changed at 1000km. Of course the answer was yes, so in i went to confront them with this info. I pointed out the oil filter on the bike and said in Thai to change "bian". All the mechanics said no need but more to the point they didn't have any stock and to seal the deal they didn't have the tool to remove the filter, I felt like saying "What, not even a long screwdriver"!!!

Anyway, i was getting no-where fast and demanded to see the manager. Manager came, looking none too happy and greeted me with i'm busy....can you be quick!!! Quick on the uptake, I retorted with "Busy learning the procedure of how to service the new Forza so you can teach your staff properly" to which he looked bewildered....I then went on to explain about oil and filters should be changed together on a service. He asked me if i was a qualified motorcycle mechanic to which i replied "No, not exactly but i've been an Aircraft Engineer for Rolls Royce for over 20 years, does that count" to which he promptly invited me to his office. No idea why but his whole demeanor changed and was suddenly keen for me to impart my knowledge so he could improve his service wherever he could. He made a few phone calls to confirm what i'd said about oil and filters and then apologised profusely at questioning my stand, explaining mine was the first to come back for the 1000km service and they were still learning about this bike.

Anyway, as a result, he has ordered 5 oil filter cup removal tools and more importantly 20 oil filters for his stock. He also said he would service my bike for the next 3 services for free inc parts for bringing this to his attention!!! beggars belief blink.png

a classicbiggrin.png

good for you to show them the way!

Hi Guys,

I have been dropping in on this forum daily for about a month now as I am very interested in the new Honda Forza 300, and as I am an English guy living in Vienna (Austria) I wont get a chance to assess this scooter until June at the earliest!

It's a shame that since the old thread has been closed, there have been no more informative comments from you lucky owners out there in Thailand. I'm sure that I am not the only one seeking in depth reviews of the new Forza from "real" people who now own this bike.

So, how about some genuine useful data and experience about the Forza?

Acceleration? Fuel consumption? Storage space? top speed? wind buffeting from low screen? seat comfort and riding position?

The English speaking world is awaiting your opinions! biggrin.png

Thanks

SteVe

Acceleration....It's a scooter not an R1 so don't get too excited but enough to get you out the shit!!

Fuel Consumption...... High 20's

Storage space....... more than enough

Top speed.....doubt you'll get this info yet as people are still running in but not as quick as an R1

Seat comfort......for me is perfect at 5'10" it fits like a glove, 6' and over may be cramped

Riding position.....upright, it's not an R1, leg position can be bent or straight out on the foot plates

Be patient and watch this space, it's still a new bike.....unlike the R1 thumbsup.gif

Just thought i'd attach some pics of the new Honda accessories I ordered from Brian at Sumet. Still have the rear foot rests to come but that will be it, don't want to go too over the top. The accessories are very good quality and no problems with fitting.

One thing i will mention, you will need an impact driver to remove the bar end weights as they have lock tight on the threads. Alternatively you can use a metal headed phillips screwdriver and shock the screw by hitting the head with a couple of short sharp hits with a hammer. Then placing some mole grips on the shaft of the screwdriver to help with leverage to turn the screw. Also you will need a set of metric allen keys as the bar end weights and the brake reservoir caps both have allen key replacement fasteners.

post-79999-0-43249500-1363757421_thumb.j

post-79999-0-11060200-1363757443_thumb.j

post-79999-0-36126200-1363757464_thumb.j

post-79999-0-98936400-1363757485_thumb.j

post-79999-0-70978400-1363757503_thumb.j

post-79999-0-13226500-1363757517_thumb.j

post-79999-0-42468800-1363757534_thumb.j

I think they haven't changed the filter at my 1.000km service in Pattaya too - but i hope it will be fine and i will follow uo at the next service. But they hav ordered a new rear wheel as there is some noise (clicking while accelerate from very low speeds). But have to wait for delivery 1 to 2 weeks at least - will be done foc/warranty.

I think they haven't changed the filter at my 1.000km service in Pattaya too - but i hope it will be fine and i will follow uo at the next service. But they hav ordered a new rear wheel as there is some noise (clicking while accelerate from very low speeds). But have to wait for delivery 1 to 2 weeks at least - will be done foc/warranty.

MrJ, I would change the filter if i were you, as the first 1000km on a new engine is the most likely time the engine will yield any excess metallic debris, all be it to a microscopic extent but even so, with these low friction liners etc. The likelihood is, there wont be much if hardly at all due to machining tolerances and manufacturing technology these days, unlike days of old where you could physically see shards of metal come out of an engine sump. Did your dealer know how to reset the oil change warning light, mine didn't but i figured it out myself from experience with other bikes in the past......didn't tell them though biggrin.png

I will change the filter myself when the part arrives. Best to do it first thing in the morning while the engine is cold and the oil is settled down south for less spillage and mess. For the sake of 260B i'll drop the oil again just for peace of mind so i know everything no foreign bodies still exist within the oil.....

Thanks for the info Rickster!

Very impressed with your first service story ................ Well done on getting your future services free!

What are the service intervals for the Forza?

SteVe smile.png

Every 6000km but as i did with the PCX, i'll change every 3000km as it does more good than harm and it's 260B a time plus the cost of the filter, which is yet to be confirmed but i'm guessing no more than 400B...

Did they bother to check to see if a stone was stuck in the tread?

I currently ride a Silverwing 400 which is a great scooter and took me all round Europe last summer in trouble free comfort!

As I have now achieved my touring dream, and ride almost exclusively around the city of Vienna, I am planning to downgrade my twin cylinder power for the Forza when it arrives here.

The main advantages for me are that I will achieve a 50% + improvement in fuel economy, a lighter (20%) and more agile bike, a new Honda with a 4 year warranty, and no loss (possible gain?) in storage capacity. I will of course lose my top speed of 155kph (Forza 140kph?), but I never took my SW up to this speed anyway....... The one big unknown for me is how much (if any) acceleration I will forfeit?

Has anyone here ridden a Silverwing who now owns the new Forza and can give a comparison on the acceleration between the two?

SteVe :)

I currently ride a Silverwing 400 which is a great scooter and took me all round Europe last summer in trouble free comfort!

As I have now achieved my touring dream, and ride almost exclusively around the city of Vienna, I am planning to downgrade my twin cylinder power for the Forza when it arrives here.

The main advantages for me are that I will achieve a 50% + improvement in fuel economy, a lighter (20%) and more agile bike, a new Honda with a 4 year warranty, and no loss (possible gain?) in storage capacity. I will of course lose my top speed of 155kph (Forza 140kph?), but I never took my SW up to this speed anyway....... The one big unknown for me is how much (if any) acceleration I will forfeit?

Has anyone here ridden a Silverwing who now owns the new Forza and can give a comparison on the acceleration between the two?

SteVe smile.png

SteVe riatorsmile.png

All I can say is if your not happy with the acceleration install a Mallossi Multivar variator. The difference is between night and day. A good mechanic can install in less than a hour.