The New Honda Forza 300Cc

Rickster

Love the Forza but try to find a sound signal for my left/right blinker lights. I used to have it long time ago in my bike but I cannot find a simple switch that warns me with a sound to turn of the blinking light. Suggestions are welcome

Look at the warning lights on the dash surely??.....unless you're blind then you shouldn't be riding anyway wacko.png

He said SOUND! If you are constantly looking at the lights on the dash then you shouldn't be riding any way! huh.png How many people with very good eyesight drive a very long time with their directional signal still on (and yes, with the warning light on the dash flashing) after the turn is completed -- too many, including me! I keep my eyes and my attention on the road in front of me and not on the dash. It is distracting and dangerous to drive with the signal light still on and to the people driving around him. A sound alert would be very helpful, even if your eye sight is 20/20. I enquired today about having them installed on my PCX and my Forza. And that was before reading this post. And my eyesight is 20/20. Next.........

please let us know the quotation - Merci

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the Forza but try to find a sound signal for my left/right blinker lights. I used to have it long time ago in my bike but I cannot find a simple switch that warns me with a sound to turn of the blinking light. Suggestions are welcome

Look at the warning lights on the dash surely??.....unless you're blind then you shouldn't be riding anyway wacko.png

There are people who obviously not look on dashboards looks like you are one of the people who not realize why it's there. I drive since I am 18 and until now in the 47 years I drive I had one accident ( not my mistake ) don't tell me if I can drive but not assume things like you do where you simply can suggest what I could do or ignore my question.

He said SOUND! If you are constantly looking at the lights on the dash then you shouldn't be riding any way! huh.png How many people with very good eyesight drive a very long time with their directional signal still on (and yes, with the warning light on the dash flashing) after the turn is completed -- too many, including me! I keep my eyes and my attention on the road in front of me and not on the dash. It is distracting and dangerous to drive with the signal light still on and to the people driving around him. A sound alert would be very helpful, even if your eye sight is 20/20. I enquired today about having them installed on my PCX and my Forza. And that was before reading this post. And my eyesight is 20/20. Next.........

"If you are constantly looking at the lights on the dash then you shouldn't be riding any way!"

That's a silly thing to say. No one is constantly looking. Any responsible rider will check his speed on the speedometer to ensure he is within the limits for that stretch of road. 3 or 4 times per kilometer is my recommendation. At the same time checking any warning lamps.

I agree to occasionally check, but 3 or 4 times a click? I say about every 5 minutes on straights. In town, whenever it is safe to take your eyes of the road after a corner. It is pretty easy to tell approximately how fast you are going by listening to your bike and wind speed.

"If you are constantly looking at the lights on the dash then you shouldn't be riding any way!"

That's a silly thing to say. No one is constantly looking. Any responsible rider will check his speed on the speedometer to ensure he is within the limits for that stretch of road. 3 or 4 times per kilometer is my recommendation. At the same time checking any warning lamps.

My statement was meant to be "silly"! It was a retort to an even more "silly" (stupid) comment that said "unless you're blind then you shouldn't be riding anyway" when the person simply asked where he could get sound signals for his turing signals. A pretty simple and non-controversial question and one that did not deserve a sarcastic dig from someone that doesn't have a clue.

You check your speedometer and gauges 3 or 4 times each kilometer??? If that works for you, fine (for you). Most people would view that "recommendation" at utter nonsense. I almost never check my speedometer, either on my bikes or in my car. I don't need to. I let the flow of traffic gauge the proper speed and I am almost always below the legal speed limit. I have never been stopped for speeding, never. When I accelerate rapidly, I check my speedometer to make sure that I don't get going too fast -- 80 km per hour is "my" speed limit unless, of course, the legal limit is less. Like the poster asking the question about sound signals, I do find that on occasion my turn signal is still on from the turn several minutes past. And I see many people driving for kilometers with their turn signal still on, so I know it is a pretty common problem. A sound signal would help avoid that, and it is, IMHO, a good thing to add and probably not very expensive. Judging from what I see when driving around, your 3 to 4 times per kilometer is followed by a very small minority -- perhaps less than 1 (as I seriously doubt that even you follow your "rule"). And, if you do need to rely on a speedometer so frequently, I seriously suggest that you consider whether you have the skill required to ride a motorcycle in Thailand. I know, the last statement was 'silly" -- sorry about that.

My statement was meant to be "silly"! It was a retort to an even more "silly" (stupid) comment that said "unless you're blind then you shouldn't be riding anyway" when the person simply asked where he could get sound signals for his turing signals. A pretty simple and non-controversial question and one that did not deserve a sarcastic dig from someone that doesn't have a clue.

You check your speedometer and gauges 3 or 4 times each kilometer??? If that works for you, fine (for you). Most people would view that "recommendation" at utter nonsense. I almost never check my speedometer, either on my bikes or in my car. I don't need to. I let the flow of traffic gauge the proper speed and I am almost always below the legal speed limit. I have never been stopped for speeding, never. When I accelerate rapidly, I check my speedometer to make sure that I don't get going too fast -- 80 km per hour is "my" speed limit unless, of course, the legal limit is less. Like the poster asking the question about sound signals, I do find that on occasion my turn signal is still on from the turn several minutes past. And I see many people driving for kilometers with their turn signal still on, so I know it is a pretty common problem. A sound signal would help avoid that, and it is, IMHO, a good thing to add and probably not very expensive. Judging from what I see when driving around, your 3 to 4 times per kilometer is followed by a very small minority -- perhaps less than 1 (as I seriously doubt that even you follow your "rule"). And, if you do need to rely on a speedometer so frequently, I seriously suggest that you consider whether you have the skill required to ride a motorcycle in Thailand. I know, the last statement was 'silly" -- sorry about that.

I reckon you're one of those blokes that when you put your car in reverse it sounds like a Jet engine starting up!!! cheesy.gif

Alternatively for you're indicators, you could always mount a speaker on the dash and wire up a microphone next to the indicator relay so you can hear it clicking....just thinking of options coffee1.gif

I reckon you're one of those blokes that when you put your car in reverse it sounds like a Jet engine starting up!!! cheesy.gif

Alternatively for you're indicators, you could always mount a speaker on the dash and wire up a microphone next to the indicator relay so you can hear it clicking....just thinking of options coffee1.gif

That must be airplane engineer humour, because it makes no sense to me. When I put my car in reverse, my foot is on the brake and not on the gas. The car is in idle. The speedometer shows "0" and the tach shows, as I recall, less than 1000 rpm. What, pray tell, do the gauges tell me that I don't already know or can't hear? When initially starting and backing out of the garage in the morning, I do wait 10 seconds or so before putting the car in reverse because the idle seems to be higher at first and then slows down. Again, I do that like most people by engine sound and not by looking at the gauges. Maybe it is not necessary to wait, and putting it in gear will bring the idle down automatically, but better to be safe. I am sure that I am following the manufacturer's recommendations and that's all that matters any way, right? Forget what I think it right.

You seem to be very long on unhelpful sarcasm and nonsense "suggestions". When I get in a plane, I'll pray it is not one that you have had your hands on -- perhaps you would have "mount[ed] a speaker on the dash and wire[d] up a microphone next to the indicator relay so [the pilot] can hear it clicking" so he knows that it is safe to land. By any chance do you work for Lion Air??? bah.gif

Edited by Thailaw

I agree to occasionally check, but 3 or 4 times a click? I say about every 5 minutes on straights. In town, whenever it is safe to take your eyes of the road after a corner. It is pretty easy to tell approximately how fast you are going by listening to your bike and wind speed.

I agree with what you say but unfortunately I have bad hearing. I can't even hear my cell phone in my top pocket when I am riding! Fortunately it vibrates.

I agree with what you say but unfortunately I have bad hearing. I can't even hear my cell phone in my top pocket when I am riding! Fortunately it vibrates.

Go back and read your post again. Your recommendation was provided as general advice for "any responsible driver" and not for the hearing impaired:

"Any responsible rider will check his speed on the speedometer to ensure he is within the limits for that stretch of road. 3 or 4 times per kilometer is my recommendation. At the same time checking any warning lamps."(emphasis added)

If it is directed at those with hearing disabilities and who probably should not be on the road driving, you should make that clear. As a general rule to be followed by "any responsible rider", it is utter nonsense.

when im riding the last thing i am interested in or even care if its ringung is my mobile phone.anyone that is checking there dashboard 3 or 4 times a km is sooner or later gonna have an accident if your looking at your dash that much you surely aint focused on whats going on in the road ahead and the surrounding area one day you will not see the soi dog cause your more interested in your dashboard

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

when im riding the last thing i am interested in or even care if its ringung is my mobile phone.anyone that is checking there dashboard 3 or 4 times a km is sooner or later gonna have an accident if your looking at your dash that much you surely aint focused on whats going on in the road ahead and the surrounding area one day you will not see the soi dog cause your more interested in your dashboard

I agree, I hated riding in the UK, you spend more time checking the speed limit, checking your speed, looking for cameras etc than actually looking at the road. I check every now and then (normally when stationary) to make sure there are no warning lights flashing but other than that I concentrate on the road and my mirrors especially in Thailand where people constantly do stupid unexpected moves. If that means I get a few tickets then so be it, better than hitting something that suddenly braked for no reason (i.e. their mobile phone rang) while you're checking you're under the speed limit.

On all my bikes I can check if the indicators are on by feel. Depending on bike I can either feel if the button is in the left/right position or just push the button in and feeling if it clicks, if it clicks I just turned it off and if it doesn't then it wasn't on in the first place. No need to look down for a flashing light...

I agree, I hated riding in the UK, you spend more time checking the speed limit, checking your speed, looking for cameras etc than actually looking at the road. I check every now and then (normally when stationary) to make sure there are no warning lights flashing but other than that I concentrate on the road and my mirrors especially in Thailand where people constantly do stupid unexpected moves. If that means I get a few tickets then so be it, better than hitting something that suddenly braked for no reason (i.e. their mobile phone rang) while you're checking you're under the speed limit.

On all my bikes I can check if the indicators are on by feel. Depending on bike I can either feel if the button is in the left/right position or just push the button in and feeling if it clicks, if it clicks I just turned it off and if it doesn't then it wasn't on in the first place. No need to look down for a flashing light...

Excellent post. I am really pleased to see that there are bike riders that really do know what is important when riding a bike, especially here in Thailand. Actually, I already knew that they exist, but given some of the nonsense posts in this thread, i was beginning to wonder.....

No need to glance down to see if your turning signal is still on, if in doubt press the cancel bottom again.

Yes I also sometimes hear some bikes with a beep-beep turning signal, he-he, deeply disturbing, I stay well clear of them, car drivers that just bought a bike and now they can't remember to switch the turning signal off.

How many here forget to zip up the zipper after a toilet visit? If yes do you bend over and look of do you fell (must be difficult to bend over and look if you got a big belly)biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

Not the sound, BUT Mai Thai on Soi Buakhao, has mirrors with blinkers in it for Forza. I think from memory around 5000 -6 000 baht

Not the sound, BUT Mai Thai on Soi Buakhao, has mirrors with blinkers in it for Forza. I think from memory around 5000 -6 000 baht

5,000b for mirrors... that's expensive. Must be for the PCX crowd. They seem to spend insane money on do dads and gollywiggles.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

5,000b for mirrors... that's expensive. Must be for the PCX crowd. They seem to spend insane money on do dads and gollywiggles.

Absolutely right! And that particular shop seems to take advantage of PCX owners' willingness to spend insane amounts of money on doodads and gollywoggles -- highest prices within a 50 km radius. Even Mityon is cheaper for the same stuff.

Absolutely right! And that particular shop seems to take advantage of PCX owners' willingness to spend insane amounts of money on doodads and gollywoggles -- highest prices within a 50 km radius. Even Mityon is cheaper for the same stuff.

NO doubt that shop is more expansive, but he is the only one who has the stock and its supposedly original Honda.

NO doubt that shop is more expansive, but he is the only one who has the stock and its supposedly original Honda.

If it was original Honda.. wouldn't it be on the bike already????

If it was original Honda.. wouldn't it be on the bike already????

Not necessary, it's an an optional accessory, just as the backrest. But i am no expert on honda accessories so can not really be sure

Check out GT Rider on Pattaya Tai -- very good selection of after market parts and much better prices (although you still can do better if you shop around and are willing to go some distance). They tell me that they will start having Forza parts next month. I would estimate that 90+ percent of what Mai Thai sells is not manufactured or distributed by Honda. There is nothing wrong with Mai Thai other than his prices. He has a central location and a good parts selection, and he charges a lot for convenience.

Check out GT Rider on Pattaya Tai -- very good selection of after market parts and much better prices (although you still can do better if you shop around and are willing to go some distance). They tell me that they will start having Forza parts next month. I would estimate that 90+ percent of what Mai Thai sells is not manufactured or distributed by Honda. There is nothing wrong with Mai Thai other than his prices. He has a central location and a good parts selection, and he charges a lot for convenience.

I know the shop you mean, but no Forza parts yet.

I actually know Rudy pretty well and do agree he does charge higher prices, i guess its surcharge for being able to speak English and have some kind of warranty.

The parts he showed me were made by Honda, i am sure, because he showed me the barcodes and it was honda out of honda boxes.

He did say more after market staff was coming in the next few months, he actually imports a lot from Taiwan.

I was one of the first guys to customize the PCX with him and it did cost almost as much as the bike(and i did not do much) though i sold the bike with profit plus it covered the cost of bike and modifications.

I know one guy who uses him alot, he has already spent about 250 000 baht on modifications of PCX and bike is old now.

Took my Forza to the dealer in Khon Kaen today (1000 km service). I said I wanted new oil and filter.

They drained out the old oil and said that now they were finished.I demanded that the oil filter had to be replaced, but was told that they did not have this in stock, but had to be ordered from Bangkok, and that it would take a week;-( ((

I asked why no one had them in stock filter, but got no reasonable answer. This is among the largest Honda dealer in Khon Kaen, and I find it incomprehensible that those do not have one filter or 15 in stock.

A great shame;-(((

I've been riding sports bikes/crotch rockets since i was 15, and never even considered any kind of "scooter". But then a few months ago I suffered a back injury that now prevents me from the leaning forward riding position, and nerve damage also makes it difficult for me to change gears with my left foot, which really sucks because I had just bought a new CBR 250r only a few weeks before. Being pretty much forced to wear a lumbar support 24/7 now, and use an aluminum collapsable cane to walk at times, now means that I have to be in an upright position when I ride. I thought I was doomed to go with a PCX 150,.

Then came the Forza.

I went to Honda at Niyom Panich here in CNX and liked the looks of them, and the fact that it was a 300cc. We left there and went to a shop that rents bikes, where the owner is a friend of my wife. He said he would have one by the following week, so we reserved it and he called us the day it came in. Next day I rented it and drove it up to Arunothai in Chiang Dao to go have lunch with my son, who is a teacher there. Two hour drive each way.

To be honest, I was very pleasantly surprised at performance of the bike. Very quick off the line, will hit 120 kph in no time at all, and the ride is very comfortable, even wearing a lumbar support for my back. The biggest surprise was in the mountains, as the bike has the torque and power to handle them easily, without the shifting that you invariably have to do with most sports bikes.

Came back to Honda and reserved one. There were 6 in the showroom, but all reserved, and from what they said, it's the fastest selling bike they've had in a long time. Finally picked mine up on the 11th, drove it around for a couple of days, then came home and pretty much parked it during Songkran.

For me, the biggest adjustment is getting used to the weight distribution. It's roughly 25kg heavier than the CBR 250, with a lower center of gravity, so that takes some getting used to. I got the all black one, but have plans to go either black & silver, or black & gold, and definitely need the bigger windscreen.

About the only thing I don't like is the way the seat lifts up. On the PCX, you can raise the seat up to a 90 degree angle, but on the Forza it's only about 45 degrees, but I've looked at it closely and found a way to modify the center panel so that the seat will raise all the way up.

All in all, I like the bike. True, it doesn't have the "sexiness" or "curb appeal" of CBR, and not quite as fast, but it's by far better than any other "scooter" on the road, with the possible exception of the Yamaha T-Max, which is 3.5 times more expensive and only 200cc bigger.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello - new around here as you can see.

There are MANY people around the world waiting for the answer to the following question, even though it may seem unnecessary or irrelevant to some:

Could any of you Forza owners comment on the acceleration "off the line" in terms of say a comparison to the SH300i or even a PCX (which I own and think is pretty snappy off the lights).

This is a very important point for people like myself who is about to buy an SH300i but am happy to wait until August (when the Forza is due in the UK) if it is nippy for London traffic duties.

The PCX is light, nippy and agile and suits Central London perfectly, but I do know from multiple real life scenarios, that an SH300i has more pull and is equally as agile in traffic.

So, is the Forza as quick off the lights as an SH, or potentially a bit more sluggish due to heavier weight and slight detuned motor etc?

Thanks for any answers.

Skootah

Hello - new around here as you can see.

There are MANY people around the world waiting for the answer to the following question, even though it may seem unnecessary or irrelevant to some:

Could any of you Forza owners comment on the acceleration "off the line" in terms of say a comparison to the SH300i or even a PCX (which I own and think is pretty snappy off the lights).

This is a very important point for people like myself who is about to buy an SH300i but am happy to wait until August (when the Forza is due in the UK) if it is nippy for London traffic duties.

The PCX is light, nippy and agile and suits Central London perfectly, but I do know from multiple real life scenarios, that an SH300i has more pull and is equally as agile in traffic.

So, is the Forza as quick off the lights as an SH, or potentially a bit more sluggish due to heavier weight and slight detuned motor etc?

Thanks for any answers.

Skootah

I think the engine of forza is similar to sh300 and forza is bigger than sh300 for traffic.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

PS. Does anyone know where I can get a service manual in ENGLISH?

The Yanks will be getting it in a couple of months so the English version will be available then ?

PS. Does anyone know where I can get a service manual in ENGLISH?

The Yanks will be getting it in a couple of months so the English version will be available then ?

Motorcycle Thailand has the English version of the Honda Forza 300 owners manual available http://www.motorcycle.in.th/filemgmt/index.php?id=208

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been riding sports bikes/crotch rockets since i was 15, and never even considered any kind of "scooter". But then a few months ago I suffered a back injury that now prevents me from the leaning forward riding position, and nerve damage also makes it difficult for me to change gears with my left foot, which really sucks because I had just bought a new CBR 250r only a few weeks before. Being pretty much forced to wear a lumbar support 24/7 now, and use an aluminum collapsable cane to walk at times, now means that I have to be in an upright position when I ride. I thought I was doomed to go with a PCX 150,.

Then came the Forza.

I went to Honda at Niyom Panich here in CNX and liked the looks of them, and the fact that it was a 300cc. We left there and went to a shop that rents bikes, where the owner is a friend of my wife. He said he would have one by the following week, so we reserved it and he called us the day it came in. Next day I rented it and drove it up to Arunothai in Chiang Dao to go have lunch with my son, who is a teacher there. Two hour drive each way.

To be honest, I was very pleasantly surprised at performance of the bike. Very quick off the line, will hit 120 kph in no time at all, and the ride is very comfortable, even wearing a lumbar support for my back. The biggest surprise was in the mountains, as the bike has the torque and power to handle them easily, without the shifting that you invariably have to do with most sports bikes.

Came back to Honda and reserved one. There were 6 in the showroom, but all reserved, and from what they said, it's the fastest selling bike they've had in a long time. Finally picked mine up on the 11th, drove it around for a couple of days, then came home and pretty much parked it during Songkran.

For me, the biggest adjustment is getting used to the weight distribution. It's roughly 25kg heavier than the CBR 250, with a lower center of gravity, so that takes some getting used to. I got the all black one, but have plans to go either black & silver, or black & gold, and definitely need the bigger windscreen.

About the only thing I don't like is the way the seat lifts up. On the PCX, you can raise the seat up to a 90 degree angle, but on the Forza it's only about 45 degrees, but I've looked at it closely and found a way to modify the center panel so that the seat will raise all the way up.

All in all, I like the bike. True, it doesn't have the "sexiness" or "curb appeal" of CBR, and not quite as fast, but it's by far better than any other "scooter" on the road, with the possible exception of the Yamaha T-Max, which is 3.5 times more expensive and only 200cc bigger.

Am interested to hear how you get on doing this. Please post results.