Dr. Martens Boots

blossombkk

Hi,

I'd like to buy Dr. Martens boots here in BKK.

Entered their website and the price in Thailand is 6500 tb. The price in the us is $120.

I know that in recent years they are made in Thailand so the difference looks odd.

Does anybody know if this is the price range in stores and is there an outlet where you can buy them cheaper?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello blossombkk

Yesterday we saw a Dr. Martens shop at MegaBagna Shopping mall (on the way to Ikea-not too far from Ikea). And I remebered your thread: The prices were high THB 5'000.-- up, but they also had a few models for sale.

Hope this helps (attached pics from the shop).

Prin

post-134266-0-11590100-1364633475_thumb.

post-134266-0-80290100-1364633502_thumb.

post-134266-0-42513700-1364633533_thumb.

not to slag the OP and I do realise that these shoes are a fashion accessory but Dr Martens are the most uncomfortable footwear I have ever worn...

on a project site in Pluit, north Jakarta within 30 minutes I was hobbled with pain...and I had tried them at the shop...

I complained to my then wife who is a londoner and who had 2 pairs in her wardrobe and she said: 'get <snip>, will ye...ye <snip> yanks think that you know everything...'...she kicked me once in a drunken rage with her 'docs' on and that did significant damage...and I said: 'I'm gonna show yer mum what you did...' and she then said with deadly seriousness: 'if you do you won't live to see the next sunrise...'

believe it or not we remained a married couple for nearly 10 years...but not 'happily'....

Edited by soundman
Easy on the profanity.

not to slag the OP and I do realise that these shoes are a fashion accessory but Dr Martens are the most uncomfortable footwear I have ever worn...

on a project site in Pluit, north Jakarta within 30 minutes I was hobbled with pain...and I had tried them at the shop...

I complained to my then wife who is a londoner and who had 2 pairs in her wardrobe and she said: 'get <snip>, will ye...ye <snip> yanks think that you know everything...'...she kicked me once in a drunken rage with her 'docs' on and that did significant damage...and I said: 'I'm gonna show yer mum what you did...' and she then said with deadly seriousness: 'if you do you won't live to see the next sunrise...'

believe it or not we remained a married couple for nearly 10 years...but not 'happily'....

Clearly you werent aware that Dr Marten Boots are the only thing that unites us all.

• Like 2

what bullshite! why wear shoes at all? unless you are shackled to a job that requires it...

defy them bosses and come to work in flip-flops and then when at yer desk remove them to go to the toilet...

here comes the boss: 'tutsi, now I know that you are our most valued engineer on this site but appropriate foot wear is required...'

tutsi is annoyed: 'but I wear safety shoes in full compliance with the site safety regs...'

the boss: 'it ain't that so much, it's the attitude...and it gives the junior engineers the wrong idea...'

tutsi:'so that we can say that a disregard of footwear protocol shall make our considerable efforts on this site meaningless???'

the boss: 'well yeah...sort of...'

Clearly you werent aware that Dr Marten Boots are the only thing that unites us all.

Mr Alexei Sayle is one of Britain's great gifts to the world...just like the great poets and Issac Newton...

we need a talent like Alexei Sayle in a sketch with Henry shouting 'into the breech!' and some fat bastard stumbling about with: 'Oi! look out...youse steppin' on me docs!...and we need 'em to stomp these foemen!'

Wise words.

and then...there is tutsi listening to a recording with Julian Bream on lute with the Cremona Quartet and the 'courtly dances from Gloriana' by Benjamin Brittan and he said: 'such lively music doesn't seem typical of the 14th century...'and then his friend Jan looked up and said gently: 'Benjamin Brittan is a 20th century composer...' and she looked up and met my gaze and smiled and went back to what she was doing...and she ain't even english, she's from goddam Fullerton south of LA fer <snips> sake...

I wear Doc Martens pretty much 90% of the time when I'm not working and they are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. However some models need breaking in properly.

The 1914 Triumph series are a good model as the leather is very soft and seems to take to your feet quickly. :)

I've seen several Doc Marten outlets in Bangkok, however they are all quite expensive... I bought mine from the UK as it was cheaper.

I don't think you're going to find real genuine ones for less than 5,000 baht in Thailand.

yes...phuturatica; looking south from yer photo/avatar I see a short skirt and leggings and a pair of docs at the end...but are they the bovver boots or the low cut 'oxfords'?

my ex in london had the oxfords and she was able to do a lot of damage when she became annoyed...actually, she kicked me with them outside a pub in Derby: 'I saw you kissing that woman ye bastid!' me: 'but sweetheart, it was just a peck and you know her...she's gay and was just being friendly...oh, and I don't think that I will be ambulatory tomorrow...'

and then she stomped off...in her docs...me: 'but sweetheart! I need help!...I don't think that I can walk...' her; screaming from a half block away: 'die in the gutter where you belong ye creep!!!'

where's endure? he knows what things are like on a weekend evening in Derby...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Thank you all for the input. Actually I'm looking to buy them for my teenage daughter. She is looking for "1460 worn broken in boots". Those are leather boots. We were looking at central world and similar places but they only had other kinds, the pvc or something, and they were 6,500 tb. others were even 12,000tb. Funny thing is they are made in Thailand and China. Not anymore in the UK.

As I said in my OP, the price for the above mentioned boots on the dr martens website was 130$ but they do not appear on the site now.

Thanks again

Blossom

Thank you all for the input. Actually I'm looking to buy them for my teenage daughter. She is looking for "1460 worn broken in boots". Those are leather boots. We were looking at central world and similar places but they only had other kinds, the pvc or something, and they were 6,500 tb. others were even 12,000tb. Funny thing is they are made in Thailand and China. Not anymore in the UK.

As I said in my OP, the price for the above mentioned boots on the dr martens website was 130$ but they do not appear on the site now.

Thanks again

Blossom

Wow thats a lot, according to Alexis Sayle in the song they were only £19.99 in the 80s.

Hello blossombkk

Yesterday we saw a Dr. Martens shop at MegaBagna Shopping mall (on the way to Ikea-not too far from Ikea). And I remebered your thread: The prices were high THB 5'000.-- up, but they also had a few models for sale.

Hope this helps (attached pics from the shop).

Prin

Prince, thank you so much for taking pictures. So nice of you.

We might be in that neighborhood next week so might as well check it out.

German Para Boots

post-41816-0-18326300-1364875683_thumb.j

These are the best boots on the planet available new or s/hand via Army Surplus Stores on line.

They start at around 40 quid. I wore them for years. The ankle and lower leg area is padded and soft leather lined through out. thumbsup.gif

• 4 months later...

Does anybody know where to get them in BKK?

I loved these things in army times, but sadly now mine are in Germany.

They are incredible comfortable after walking in them for some time yet you can walk literally straight through a jungle without caring where you step... Great boots

Not only are the prices outrageous, I honestly don't even bank on the authenticity being 100% here. Who knows what you are getting, there are no regulations. If doc martin has 10,000 pairs of boots that didn't quite pass inspection, do you think they would have any problem selling them here? That is the type of stuff I think goes on, and worse. Double the price, and less quality.

• 3 months later...

Seeing as the For Life range are made in Thailand I'm going to see if I can get a pair of Dr. Martens 1460 For Life Boot at the shop in Mega Bangna, which is supposed to be their official flagship store in Thailand.

I'll be interested to see what they're going for, if they're available; there is a huge difference in price between the UK website and the US / International website.

• 2 months later...