Position Of Prime Minister Is Not Easily Replaceable: Yingluck

webfact

She said she might not be an orator to promote herself but her job performance would speak for itself.

Which is why her job is on the line. Actions do speak louder than words but if your actions have put the country on the road to bankruptcy I wouldn't ask to be judged on them.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The position of prime minister is not easily replaceable because by the people's mandate, I have been entrusted to do my job backed by the majority vote under democratic rule," she said.

Yeah - but it's sort of given you have to obey the law too, Poo Poo

• Like 1

She said she might not be an orator to promote herself but her job performance would speak for itself.

"I may fumble with my words when delivering a speech but please don't try to fault me because I speak from my heart," she said.

Fails on both counts. Performance has been poor as far as I have seen, and the oratory poor also . . . so what's she got going for her then?

orally she has potential.....may even perform too!!!!cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

We'd have to ask the mysterious men she meets in hotel rooms (allegedly) about that ...

orally she has potential.....may even perform too!!!!cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

We'd have to ask the mysterious men she meets in hotel rooms (allegedly) about that ...

Oh dear!

Just shows how easily small (sexist) minds are amused on the swamp that is sometimes TVF.

Assuming (and it is a big assumption) you guys are in relationships, do you give your partner(s) similar respect?

Edited by jackspratt

That other paper reports that He Himself is not amused at how long his amnesty and return to adoring fans is taking. Replace Yingluck with her cute older sister and some serious head banging will start. Oh what a tangled web we weave...

That other paper reports that He Himself is not amused at how long his amnesty and return to adoring fans is taking. Replace Yingluck with her cute older sister and some serious head banging will start. Oh what a tangled web we weave...

You can imagine that if some nasty Democrat or journalist asked Yingluck a tricky question she'd run off to call BB for help whereas Yaowapa would probably just rip his b***s off.

• Like 2

Every one ho is interested of Thailand around the world knows that existing military constitution totally block the Democratic rules . Thailand will never improve the development without change the constitution to s constitution suitable for the people's of Thailand.

How so, please enlighten me.

Oh dear!

Just shows how easily small (sexist) minds are amused on the swamp that is sometimes TVF.

Assuming (and it is a big assumption) you guys are in relationships, do you give your partner(s) similar respect?

You really need a sense of humor. Apparently you haven't discovered one yet.

Even a modicum of experience in Thai politics, be it for the last 10 years, or maybe 70, would show, that it is a position that can be replaced at a sniff, or the mere appearance of an army rifle.

The harder issue would be to replace a PM who genuinely worked for the all of the people, all of the time. That doesn't just go for PTP, but for all the politcal parties.

Perhaps now Yingluck is coming to realise what a devious double dealing character her brother is, she is but a pawn in his games as are any of his puppets.

Seems as her reactions are those of someone in shock, could be interesting to see just how this situation pans out in the future.

The possibility of her having been told to roll over and confess to misinforming the relevant authorities concerning her finances springs to mind thus allowing the older sister to fill the gap springs to mind.

There also is the possibility of course ''that the lady is not for burning,''

She has tasted power to a degree and her brothers attitude and actions are indeed proving that there is already a family rift or that that there is a family rift being created.

The taste of power and rubbing shoulders with the international;political greats can turn a novice politicians head and the surrendering of albeit limited power in her case is not such an easy task, but she has now seen it proven that ''one needs a long spoon to sup with the family devil .'', .

Perhaps now Yingluck is coming to realise what a devious double dealing character her brother is, she is but a pawn in his games as are any of his puppets.

Seems as her reactions are those of someone in shock, could be interesting to see just how this situation pans out in the future.

The possibility of her having been told to roll over and confess to misinforming the relevant authorities concerning her finances springs to mind thus allowing the older sister to fill the gap springs to mind.

There also is the possibility of course ''that the lady is not for burning,''

She has tasted power to a degree and her brothers attitude and actions are indeed proving that there is already a family rift or that that there is a family rift being created.

The taste of power and rubbing shoulders with the international;political greats can turn a novice politicians head and the surrendering of albeit limited power in her case is not such an easy task, but she has now seen it proven that ''one needs a long spoon to sup with the family devil .'', .

Seems she may have relied on the same legal advice that Thaksin took when he sold AIS.

Shonky lawyers, it isn't as though he did'nt go to the best.

Amazing.....

If this is true... Then if she spent half that time in Parliament, then she wouldn't have to spent all that so-called time shopping at Malls (getting her hair Colored). (She wouln't be getting Gray Hair!!) Or should I read statement as this answer would fit: First you would have to assume you are Acting... Like Prime Minister, and yes it would be hard to replace you... To find someone who would willingly spend the same alloted time away from her office, away from the Duties "The People mandated you to do!!" Anyone else to fill this position would at least make an effort to do as their Party asked... hat the People thought they were getting when they Voted present P.M Into Office. There is a statement outthere on how Parliament should deal with these issues... Seems like when she is not there would be a good time to get idea into.. onto... Voted on... Passed...

Now we can save Money as funds would stay in Goverment Bank Account and less in peoples pocket who refuse to do their Job, The Job they were hired to do... What the People wanted this Office... Expected this Office to do.... If I went shopping on Time when I was suppose to be working... I'd get FIRED!!! So should anyone else!!wai2.gifwai.gifcoffee1.gifwai.gifwai2.gif

If we had a Prime Minister who did their Job... Think of the things that would get done... The Money Thailand would Save...

Amazing... Thailand!!

Edited by davidstipek

"The position of prime minister is not easily replaceable because by the people's mandate, I have been entrusted to do my job backed by the majority vote under democratic rule," she said.

I feel like puking on her face. She is BS. Having Yingluck as a female PM of Thailand. She doe not have what it takes to be a leader of Thailand as a PM comparing to some other countries that have female PM for examples are the current chancellor of Germany Frau Angela Merkel and Former UK PM Mrs. Margaret Thatcher. Yingluck can not amount to those respectful ladies. Having a higher level education that she has does not mean that she is capable of running as a PM.

Edited by BrooklynNY

Hm... well the PM is elected by the members of the house, not the electorate. It is after all how the constitution works.

I wonder if those who hysterically point to the creation of the Abhasit government [by the constitution - would have been same under 1997] will feel equally apoplectic about a change of "Shinawatras"?

They didn't appear to see anything wrong with it, when former-PM Somchai was substituted for former-PM Samak, in 2008. wink.png

But, but, Abhisit/Dems a few months later was clearly NOT totally different. whistling.gif

I like that you are discussing this leadership matter though urge prudence since we are in a period of comparatively peaceful and stable governance. The froth is decaying as the brew of malfeasnce between the good, the bad and the ugley decays. Erstwhile the calm of Prime Crab navigates our way through the bastions of foreign trade. Dignity is returning to this nation and it feels good. The great self styled and self made Thaksin is what he is in setting another alchemy among you; savour it and we loose our oportunity to enjoy the asure days of safe passage until triumph or reconcilliation ease us into Thailand's inevitable sucess at the centre of the ASEAN community.

Just reading the topic and the posts, I noticed that only one person seems to have the same doubts as I have. It may be just a 'lost in translation' thing, but on the other hand ...

The position of PM is indeed not easily replaceable. It's part of the parliamentary system, enshrined in the constitution, etc., etc. The person who's elected by a majority of MPs as 'primus inter pares' is a wee bit more easily replaceable. Lots of MPs could easily fill the position. The lovely lady Leelavadee V. who represent my district as constituency MP comes to mind amongst others :-)

"Position of PM is not easily replaceable"

Famous last words?

Shows how naive she is, all it takes is a Skype call from Dubai

"Position of PM is not easily replaceable"

Famous last words?

Shows how naive she is, all it takes is a Skype call from Dubai

This deluded lady supposedly running the country believes she is the real PM and now cannot be easily replaced. If her brother was Christian he would be reminding her that " the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away ". Watch your back dear

UPDATE:
Yingluck says not easy to replace the PM

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- In response to speculation that her older sister might possibly replace her, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday only frowned saying she was far too busy to pay attention to rumours like this.

"It is not that easy to replace a prime minister, because it is the people's mandate. I have been entrusted to do this job and am backed by a majority vote under democratic rule," she said.

The prime minister is currently on an official visit to New Zealand.

Yingluck said people could and would render their judgement on her leadership, adding that though she is not that good at promoting herself, her performance will speak for itself.

"I may fumble with my words when making a speech, but please don't try to fault me, because I speak from my heart," she said.

Speculation that fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra might replace Yingluck with his other sister was bolstered by last week's resignation of Pheu Thai Chiang Mai MP Kasem Nimmolrat.

The ruling-Pheu Thai Party's executive committee later decided to field Yaowapa Wongsawat in a by-election scheduled for next month. Opposition politicians then started saying that Yaowapa might replace Yingluck as government head, but Thaksin rejected this speculation as groundless.

The Constitution requires the prime minister to be an MP.

The inconsistencies in her asset declaration with the National Anti-Corruption Commission and her government's decision to issue a new passport for Thaksin are the two issues that have put Yingluck in a hot seat - leading to speculation that her sister is being groomed to take over.

However, a survey in Bangkok and adjacent provinces found that most people don't believe Yaowapa will replace Yingluck.

About two in five of the 1,123 respondents said they wanted a limited change in the Cabinet line-up, while three in 10 supported a major reshuffle.

Some two in five respondents said they wanted to see new faces in the Economic Ministry, while more than half of the respondents said they did not see the coalition getting any stronger if Yaowapa's Matchima faction joined the government.

The survey was conducted and released yesterday by Bangkok University.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-23

Oh dear!

You really need a sense of humor. Apparently you haven't discovered one yet.

Ah! .................... they were meant to be funny,

I must have missed that, along will all the other funny posts on TVF alluding to the sexual habits of Thailand's male PMs. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

"Yingluck said people could and would render their judgement on her leadership, adding that though she is not that good at promoting herself, her performance will speak for itself."

Yingluck is correct her performance speaks for itself. Meaningless and hollow leadership.

"not good at promoting herself". In Thailand that is correct. She doesn't seem to give flip about inside Thailand. OUTSIDE Thailand is where her true interest lies. She is the epitome of a woman out of control with narcissistic power much like Obama is doing..vacations, golfing, travel..travel..travel using huge amounts of money on his many extravagances.

• Like 2

Khun Yingluck's job is only secure if the is able to push the pardon Thaksin program through and get his illgotten gain back. If Thaksin decides things are going to slow, which by his recent actions indicate this is true, she will be history. Even though he stated she was his clone and she would speak for him it has not gone as planned as seen in his last Skype call in.

Of course she has to play the role as long as she is in the role.

• Like 1

""I may fumble with my words when making a speech, but please don't try to fault me, because I speak from my heart," she said."

If she's a bit annoyed with negative comments, she should have a look at what Pres. Obama gets on a near daily base.

March 18
"Have you been watching 'The Bible'? They have a character who plays Satan, and he looks a little bit like President Obama. And I thought, 'If President Obama was actually Satan, Republicans might be willing to deal with him.'" David Letterman

"The guy who plays Satan on the History Channel's 'The Bible' looks like President Obama. Even Rush Limbaugh was outraged. He was like, 'How can you do that to Satan?'" Jimmy Fallon