Thailand Credit Bureau

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out if credit history in Thailand is ever reported to the U.S., my home country. I have an SCB Platinum account with no balance and perfect payment history and wanted to know if this is ever reported to the U.S. credit agencies (i.e. Experian, TranUnion, Equifax)? What about delinquencies? Thank you very much!

nyujay

Edited by nyujay2010

Not automatically, but if the stakes are high enough and someone who knows you've lived here want to do due diligence they can get it.

And keep in mind all the data registered into any computer systems here - like your location patterns from cellphone sites, have much less if any protection from absolutely anyone with a little money to throw around.

If you're concerned about privacy issues you need to really take extraordinary measures to keep off the grid - check this recent study out.

ask yourself this question....is your US credit history reported to the Thai credit Bureau ?

The answer is no and no...but of course if the amount you are delinquent on is large enough and makes financial sense they can chase you if they know were you are

I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt your Thailand credit history is reported to other countries like the U.S....that would take effort, probably incur some costs, and since laws of each country affect what is considered bad or good credit activities the credit history coming from another country probably wouldn't sync up with credit history requirements of another country. Now in the European Union I expect there may be some inter-country credit reporting? Also, maybe between the U.S. and Canada? But between Thailand and western countries I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt it.

They couldn't do it if they wanted to.

In the US, you are identified by your social security number -- which the Thai authorities don't have.

In Thailand, they've got your passport number -- which the US credit agencies don't have.

Name and date of birth aren't enough to tie one to the other.

They couldn't do it if they wanted to.

In the US, you are identified by your social security number -- which the Thai authorities don't have.

In Thailand, they've got your passport number -- which the US credit agencies don't have.

Name and date of birth aren't enough to tie one to the other.

bet they could do it if they wanted to/needed to.... everthing is on databases these days....it wouldnt be hard to cross reference, in getting your US PP do you need to give your SS number on the PP application ?