Widening Of Beach Rd Started At North End

morrobay

I hope they dont replace the seats, the number of times I have seen a Thai lady with a baby or a thai man tell tourists to f off because its their bed doesnt deserve repeating, I for one will be happy to see them bedless

Edited by Rimmer

I hope they dont replace the seats, the number of times I have seen a Thai lady with a baby or a thai man tell tourists to f off because its their bed doesnt deserve repeating, I for one will be happy to see them bedless

Just a regular bleeding heart, ain't you?

some people are down on their luck, I have one staying with me at the moment, but some people are just too rude, obnoxious and violent for anyone to be able to help. I have some sypathy for the baby that is sleeping on the beach with the mother from hell, its going to have a difficult life but nobody can help a person that wont allow it

some people are down on their luck, I have one staying with me at the moment, but some people are just too rude, obnoxious and violent for anyone to be able to help. I have some sypathy for the baby that is sleeping on the beach with the mother from hell, its going to have a difficult life but nobody can help a person that wont allow it

I have been rich and poor. I know what it is like to be on top of the mountain and on the bottom of it. I hate poverty in all its forms. Nevertheless, I have no sympathy for the small army of alcoholics that make the beach their home. I think they are hurting tourism--especially high end tourism.

Hmm are they keeping the scammer steps then?

They are gona get very crowded, the only seating for miles.

completely empty tonight, but I think the plan is to keep them and brick over them and build a wooden platform out over the steps. theres a billboard of it polluting the beach to the right of the steps where it fell a few months ago

Photos taken 9 July from Pattaya Klang, to Soi 12 where work ended today. They've catched up with lots of work from north end, think I saw only 3 places that was not yet completed with bricks. Concrete laid to Soi 8. From soi 8 to soi 12 lots of work going on. The steps infront of Mike's has been very crowded last week, but heavy rain last 2 days, Will they keep the steps? Seems so for now, but who knows.

Photo 1: Just down from Pattaya Klang (central road) previous dolphin statue.

Photo 2-4: down from soi 7 and soi 8.

Photo 5: down from Soi 9 and Central Pattaya Beach.

Photo 6-7: from Central to soi 10.

Last photo: just before Mike shopping mall.

post-181241-0-59442900-1373395863_thumb. post-181241-0-35035100-1373395884_thumb. post-181241-0-85572600-1373395904_thumb. post-181241-0-65325300-1373395920_thumb. post-181241-0-59536300-1373395940_thumb. post-181241-0-41306500-1373395958_thumb. post-181241-0-41954800-1373395978_thumb. post-181241-0-72098700-1373395997_thumb.

Funny: Soon city hall will have to rent out "standing spaces" for the coconut ghosts since the untouched area of the Beach Rd promenade near Royal Garden is packed with ladies standing around and farangs socializing at night in this small area since the other areas further north are under construction.

had a look at it today, its about 90% paved down to Pattaya Klang. Its not too bad but a strange thing is that most of the seaward side has been sandbagged. not sure if its to keep the sand of the footpath or the rain off the beach but makes it look pretty ugly and appears to be a design failure of some sort.

had a look at it today, its about 90% paved down to Pattaya Klang. Its not too bad but a strange thing is that most of the seaward side has been sandbagged. not sure if its to keep the sand of the footpath or the rain off the beach but makes it look pretty ugly and appears to be a design failure of some sort.

The sandbags were part of the beach erosion project and its ony going to get uglier with decomposition And the design failure is going to be obvious in the winter months when the swell direction (and current) prevail from the North. The beach sand just South of the sandbags is going to be carried away.

Tonight on Soi 6 beach. Get your seats while you can.

I passed this place around 10 pm, and many expats seems to meet there now, in the evening.

L Just across soi 6, how convenient tongue.png

July 10th the beach road work reached between soi 13 (AA hotel) and soi Yamoto.

Seems to me that the contractor aim to finish before high season/Christmas.

The sandbags were part of the beach erosion project and its ony going to get uglier with decomposition And the design failure is going to be obvious in the winter months when the swell direction (and current) prevail from the North. The beach sand just South of the sandbags is going to be carried away.
I dont mean the mess on the beach, I mean all along the edge of the new footpath are sand bags, sometimes 3 high. they may as well have just made the sea wall a foot higher instead

I've always though that the beach is made up almost entirely of sandbags from the prom and for about 10 metres towards the sea. At the north end of the beach these sandbags are the 1 Tonne variety. They are the smaller 25kg bags where the prom & beach meet. I've seen sand being delivered in tippers and it's not the sand for the block paving, it's for covering over the top of the sandbags so you have a "beach". Make do & mend or a permanent solution?

I was told by a beach hotel manager today that the new lane will be used for parking. People from BKK need to park etc.

I did hope it would be used for traffic.

Wonderful! If all they needed was extra parking space they should have just banned the motorbike rental people from using all the space on the other side of the road.

I was told by a beach hotel manager today that the new lane will be used for parking. People from BKK need to park etc.

I did hope it would be used for traffic.

Wonderful! If all they needed was extra parking space they should have just banned the motorbike rental people from using all the space on the other side of the road.

Like that would ever happen, LOL.

There is no point having an extra traffic lane so long as it goes into 2 lanes at Walking St.

Pattaya has taken over Naklua and Jomtien government years ago. Things they have done along the beach in these two cities should be expected in Pattaya. Should be no surprise when cobble size stone are used to halt the erosion of the sea wall.

To bring in sand and then maintain that level is very costly and so methods used in Jomtien and Naklua probably will be used.

Pics of Jomtien show cobble size stone stacked against the sea wall to help break large waves. Also not shown are drills being used on the sidewalk for additional reinforcement. Distance from the road to the seawall is as short as 1.5 Meter.

Pics of Nakula show a platform built out over the water on columns. This is a park. And more of Nakula shoreline.

post-11376-0-68038500-1373806184_thumb.j

post-11376-0-12042100-1373806222_thumb.j

post-11376-0-95948700-1373806266_thumb.j

post-11376-0-00314300-1373806365_thumb.j

post-11376-0-56585400-1373806436_thumb.j

post-11376-0-78501200-1373806473_thumb.j

post-11376-0-76487600-1373806510_thumb.j

post-11376-0-43945700-1373806557_thumb.j

post-11376-0-31356200-1373806596_thumb.j

post-11376-0-14797300-1373806632_thumb.j

The large sand bags on the water line are used as a breakwater so that work can be done on the sea wall and large drainage channels.

The small sand bags stacked on top of the sea wall are probably to keep flood waters from the street washing away the beach. The water will flow down to the large drains.

All pics are from northern end of Pattaya beach.

post-11376-0-90827300-1373807931_thumb.j

post-11376-0-45151800-1373807955_thumb.j

post-11376-0-92955300-1373807993_thumb.j