Expat Nabbed Stealing Bags At Nai Harn Beach

grumpyoldman

Was doing cocktail hour last night at Nai Harn, when the lady that runs the vendor chair business there came over and told me they had nabbed an Expat for stealing bags.

She went on about how for a couple weeks people had been accusing she and her staff. They got tired of it and when the guy showed up she radioed the police. They all watched as the guy was seen watching people go in the water, then sort of wandered by, picked up the bag, and kept walking just looking like your typical foreigner with a bag over his shoulder except this time, they nabbed him.

I guess they also have CCTV footage, I'd like to see a picture as I'm pretty familiar with most down there.

What makes you think it is an expat? Could as well be a backpacker doing this to pick up cash before continuing his travels, like people teaching English in Bangkok temporarily before moving on.

As people reportedly have seen the same fellow here for a long time.

Seems we can't get away from our own lowlife. coffee1.gif .....................sad.png

Since you're over 1,000 km's away you'll be ok.

What makes you think it is an expat? Could as well be a backpacker doing this to pick up cash before continuing his travels, like people teaching English in Bangkok temporarily before moving on.

This has apparently been going on for several months.

Seems we can't get away from our own lowlife. coffee1.gif .....................sad.png

Since you're over 1,000 km's away you'll be ok.

>What makes you think it is an expat? Could as well be a backpacker doing this to pick up cash before continuing his travels, like people teaching English in Bangkok temporarily before moving on.

This has apparently been going on for several months.

I do sometimes go down south, l am not a hermit. rolleyes.gif .......................coffee1.gif

Lol...yeah teaching English is just like nicking stuff on the beach. cheesy.gif

There is an article about this in the news source we can't name on Thaivisa due to forum rule 31:Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

Not really the same is it now. coffee1.gif I would b..sh this guy but not a teacher eh. rolleyes.gif

Edited by transam