Tilting Building Near Bangkok ' Should Be Demolished'

webfact

The future >>>>

1. The developers will face no charges for shoddy work

2. The building department will face no charges for looking the other way

3. The building will be quietly fixed on the cheap

4. This story will gently fade away.....

Until the building eventually falls over, killing everyone inside. At that time, repeat your process again until it fades away once more.

In reality, the building owners would pay out less money to Thai families for the deaths of those they kill in the building (if it fell), then they would spend making a new building after tearing this one down.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would increasing the height of the building be any approach to addressing its tilting?

I obviously missed something.

probably the journalist meant to say strenghen the faulty area of the foundation and jack it up level !!.... .....NOTE TO EDITOR OF NATION why not have a farang read everything before you go to print ? cost about 1000Bt /day

• Like 1

was this the Nations attempt at an April fools a day late lol

Seems to me that both these buildings need to come down, built by the same people - on the same ground - same foundations - same workmanship, who in their right mind would live there lol

funny shit that

and on another note - behind where I live they are building a condo that may fall down - they are putting the piles up (the concrete collumns) that will eventually support the building, now I'm no structural engineer but het this - they are filling the collums using a bog standard cement mixer a load at a time - no cement lorries - nothing, surely this will be a very weak structure piling wet concrete on top of half dried concrete 4-6 inches at a time - am I wrong ?

Easily fixed, no need to demolish either. Just assemble all the politicians in power and get them to stand on the high side of the building until it settles to the vertical position. In addition this would give them the much needed sensation of having achieved something useful smile.png

Sorry this will never work. Politicians are full of hot air and their side of the building will rise like a balloon. Edited by harrry

30203194-01_big.JPG

Go home building... You're drunk...

I suggest the bank placed a lien on it.

How long before its partner starts to collapse?

If you look at the wall on ground level and the building on the left, it seems to be tilting right just a trifle.

not a good sign....

30203194-01_big.JPG

Go home building... You're drunk...

I suggest the bank placed a lien on it.

How long before its partner starts to collapse?

If you look at the wall on ground level and the building on the left, it seems to be tilting right just a trifle.

not a good sign....

Correct. I took the photo and put it in paint program. The drew a right angle line from the fence up at 90 degrees along the face of the building on the left. It is indeed leaning....

I liked the line about about all the workers fleeing over safety concerns. They fled because they were Burmese or Cambodia workers who did not want to hang around when all the top brass showed up !! :-)

They should stake the owner & contractor to the ground, next to the Leaning Masterpiece, til they start to sing & give the location of the pocketed savings from too-short driven piles and/or not hiring professional site supervision of the contractor.

How would increasing the height of the building be any approach to addressing its tilting?

I obviously missed something.

The translator has confused two words 'straightening' and 'heightening'.

It is possible the word "raise" was intended as raise the sunken end or raise the height of the opposite corner.

Oh hell why don't they just RAZE it! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• 9 months later...