Unusual Amount Of Spam

bubblegum

A big decrease in spam to our commercial and private email accounts, which are all over the web (our email addresses that is) here has been thankfully noted in the last month ..

Visiting certain websites can increase the ammount of spam, especially if your privacy settings are too low.

Use a program like ccleaner (free program) to regulary wipe cookies and such, incombination with antivirus helps improve privacy.

I am using gmail, use cccleaner and anti virus/adware. The "hackers" I'm talking about are the mostly Russian phisters who attacked some providors as they were blocked.

Than your email probably has appeared on a list they sell to send spam too, as overall spamming seems to be down.

In the days I used to have a lot of spam I used mailwasher and have unwanted emails bounce, that got it down nicely.

Are you using Gmail to pick up mail from elsewhere by chance? These hundreds of spam messages are actually addressed to your Gmail account name? As said you must really be popular - most of use feel slighted with almost none.

I predominately use Gmail...get very little spam on my multiple accounts...definitely no increase over the past days/weeks/months. I also have a Windows live.com email address and very little spam is showing up there either. If a person is suddenly starting to get a lot of spam it's usually because spammers have got ahold of their email address one way or another....and there are so many ways a person's email address can be compromised/get into the hands of spammers.

Edited by Pib

I predominately use Gmail...get very little spam on my multiple accounts...definitely no increase over the past days/weeks/months. I also have a Windows live.com email address and very little spam is showing up there either. If a person is suddenly starting to get a lot of spam it's usually because spammers have got ahold of their email address one way or another....and there are so many ways a person's email address can be compromised/get into the hands of spammers.

Likewise with Live Mail - in fact I hardly ever see any. Same with Hotmail (now outlook.com unfortunately) but not with one of my business emails on Outlook.

Been getting a lot of penny stock pumping recently with domains ending all over but I know that particular address is flagged up on a lot of b2b etail sites so not unexpected.