Price Of Tiling

robblok

I just like to get some figures what would be normal price for getting the walls off my kitchen tiled. What is a normal price per m2 for tiling exclusive the tiles. I am near Bangkok and just would like to have a few figures so i know a bit what is normal.

I don't want to be taken for a ride. I think its 15m2 or so not exactly sure but not huge and not small either.

I think the price would depend a lot on where in Thailand the jobs is being done. The price in Nakhon Nowhere is surely going to be lower than in Bangkok or Pattaya.

FWIW, I pay 350 baht/sqm to have my yard tiled + materials, here in Pattaya, but as that is 150 sqm it's not a small job and I shopped considerably around before getting this price. I doubt you would get 15 sqm kitchen wall tiled up for that sqm price, at least here in Pattaya. But I could be wrong and YMMV.

I haved used Thai tiler's on several ocasions........Homepro will charge you 450 baht per sq mt. but they have a minimum amount of meters/size that they will do.

Small Thai companies are roound 250 baht per sq mt in Bangkok taking it they don't have to remeove any old tiles.

If you are tiling on top of other tiles be more like 350 Baht psm, as they use what they call cement glue which is about 850 baht per bag.

If a small job they don't work by the sq m. they probably ask for about 2500 baht or as suggested above they won't do it.

Phil if youre located in pattaya or phuket you pay premium for sure.

Robblok my fiancees cousin is a contractor in CM and often have projects in BKK as well. They charge 500 Baht per day for a tiler 15sqm wall should be done in one or two days depending on how much extra work is required. He himself pays his tilers about 300 baht per day.

Robblok my fiancees cousin is a contractor in CM and often have projects in BKK as well. They charge 500 Baht per day for a tiler 15sqm wall should be done in one or two days depending on how much extra work is required. He himself pays his tilers about 300 baht per day.

Those are widely varied prices I had heard prices of 300bt per square meter and such but your price is quite low. I am in BangYai a bit outside of Bangkok.

I don't need it done super cheap, but don't want to be taken for a ride. Problem is you never know if you got a professional or someone straight from the rice fields. I rather pay a bit extra and have it done good. Anyway im using these prices as a rough guide for when i am going to ask around.

What you really hope for is someone with the experience and the - it really is mostly art form - passion to do the good job. For me, I have paid by the "project" - which I do not recommend - to finding someone good that will do it for the normal labor rate. Can range from B500/day to B1000/day but I wouldn't pay more than that. If the project is less than 1 day, might have to pay for full day, yah?

Those are widely varied prices I had heard prices of 300bt per square meter and such but your price is quite low. I am in BangYai a bit outside of Bangkok.

I don't need it done super cheap, but don't want to be taken for a ride. Problem is you never know if you got a professional or someone straight from the rice fields. I rather pay a bit extra and have it done good. Anyway im using these prices as a rough guide for when i am going to ask around.

Look at about 3,000 for the job. (2 days with grouting etc.). Best if you find a tiler in BangYai. If they come from a bit further, count on an extra 1,000 for the way...

Well I have had 3 different workers lay tile in my house, the original builder, Home Pro and a local worker, and none did the job correctly. They don't know how to put the tile down so that there is space for the grout. These goofs think you put a lot of cement down then push the tile into it and let the cement ooze up between the tiles then wipe the excess away. Well that is not how it is done, unless of course you like cement for grout. It also ends up causing voids as air pockets are formed when they lay the tile on the puddle of cement. You can see this in almost any building in Thailand where there are cracked tiles with missing corners.

So, 200 or 500 a sqm, it doesn't matter, I believe you will still get crap work. I tiled my kitchen myself and even the Thai wife can see the difference in workmanship.

• Like 2

Well I have had 3 different workers lay tile in my house, the original builder, Home Pro and a local worker, and none did the job correctly. They don't know how to put the tile down so that there is space for the grout. These goofs think you put a lot of cement down then push the tile into it and let the cement ooze up between the tiles then wipe the excess away. Well that is not how it is done, unless of course you like cement for grout. It also ends up causing voids as air pockets are formed when they lay the tile on the puddle of cement. You can see this in almost any building in Thailand where there are cracked tiles with missing corners.

So, 200 or 500 a sqm, it doesn't matter, I believe you will still get crap work. I tiled my kitchen myself and even the Thai wife can see the difference in workmanship.

I want to re-do my washroom with some new tiles, floor and walls. The job would involve removing the existing tiles. I could takeout and replace the toilet, sink, and water heater. Are you available to do a job in Pattaya? I estimate the walls to be about 25sq. mt. and the floor about 9 sq.mt.

• Like 1

I had my dad do my bathroom here in Thailand.. wife absolutely loved his workmanship and so did I. He might come over and do it so I am not sure. Its not the money its the workmanship that is the problem.

I like many here have had different people working here and in general it was not good quality. I just figured that for more money you got better ppl and that the home pro guys or special tilers would be better.

I think its hard to find the right people and I am not blessed with the skills to do it myself. I am quite bad at it.

I do not believe there are any reputable contractors in Thailand. I don't believe there are any schools in Thailand that teach the building trades. There is no professionalism in the quality of work done here, no pride in their work and they just don't give a damn. They are just following the money. The crew that was building my home just quit. The couldn't put the roof on right after 5 tries. The whole house can be screwed up in many ways but the roof needs to be done right

Edited by XINLOI
  • Like 1

I want to re-do my washroom with some new tiles, floor and walls. The job would involve removing the existing tiles. I could takeout and replace the toilet, sink, and water heater. Are you available to do a job in Pattaya? I estimate the walls to be about 25sq. mt. and the floor about 9 sq.mt.

I would be happy to do it but I think it might be impractical. My work schedule is eratic and scheduling a few days off to travel to Pattaya and do the work then return would be difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

One has to be fair to the workers in pricing/estimating time & cost for tile & stone work: variable factors include size of project, complexity of design, amount of tile cutting, number of different tile/stone selections in the design... All affect the amount of work/time/compensation required to get it done. Get four or five quotes, or hire experts by the hour & pay well.