Bum Gun Blues

phuketsub

Huh, mine is over 7 years old, never replaced a thing.

That could be maybe due to the pressure at the gun i have used some with a gentle wash and others you need to have your seat belt on before pulling the trigger .

To much pressure at the gun blows the O rings

"To much pressure at the gun blows the O rings."

Slow clap. Well played sir.

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a lifetime ago I had a bidet installed in our bathroom back in the UK. Quite an unusual accessory back in those olden days. One guest used the 'rest room' and shit in the bidet. <snip>

Eeew! Too much information!! sick.gif

We have eight houses and some have still got the original bum gun from seven years ago, yet others have sprung a leak within a relatively short period of time. It seems to be a combination of varying water pressure and Friday made bum guns. Cost seems to be almost irrelevant.wai.gif

We have eight houses and some have still got the original bum gun from seven years ago, yet others have sprung a leak within a relatively short period of time. It seems to be a combination of varying water pressure and Friday made bum guns. Cost seems to be almost irrelevant.wai.gif

I bet if I said i'd been to Tenerife you'd say you'd been to Elevenarife!!! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

That could be maybe due to the pressure at the gun i have used some with a gentle wash and others you need to have your seat belt on before pulling the trigger .

Put a tap where the pipe comes through the wall. that way you can adjust the pressure to suit your bum....

• Like 1

Put a tap where the pipe comes through the wall. that way you can adjust the pressure to suit your bum....

Your tap will adjust the amount (flow) not the pressure.

At the moment you open the trigger the pressure will be at it's maximum but the flow drop in a millisecond to a nice gentle shower (or however you opened the tap).

On closing the trigger the pressure will be low and then rapidly build back up to full pressure.

Having said that, pressure/flow rate etc,

your solution is OK if you don't want to be sent into orbit every time you use it wub.png

I have the tap in my house so you can control the blast its when you are out and about you have to be careful.

• Like 1

Did anyone recommend that you turn down the pressure yet? Keep it at max and it will always leak. Drop it down by a 1/4 if the pressure and that should help it last a lot longer.

Ah someone did.

Edited by hpwheelman

Yeah, I think I blew my O ring out last week.. ohhhhhh cheesy.gif

Yeah, I think I blew my O ring out last week.. ohhhhhh

It takes all sorts but I'm not knocking it.

Good range in both House & Home and Homepro. I've bought the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones. Does not make much difference, all need replaced after a couple of years. The nozzle usually start leaking, worn seals, but can't get spares. Ho Hum ....

Agreed - never found the expensive one's any better than the cheap ones. I always keep a spare in the cupboard.

+1

Bought the 150 Bt ones and bought the 550 Bt made in USA ones that swear that they are leak-proof. They're not.

Made in China, assembled in USA perhaps or maybe just packed in USA..........wai2.gif

• Like 1

I'm back in UK for a while and by heck i ain't half missing me bum gun, so much more hygenic and a darn sight cleaner, just don't understand why houses here aren't fitted with them. Something so simple yet so effective....you can clear a full roll of Andrex the morning after a curry and Guiness night!!!

That has been discussed before. You can get them in the UK, but must install a non return valve and certainly a join to the hot water system is required, unless you like freezing water up your bum.

For those that complain about the water pressure, simply fixed by adding a tap before the flexible pipe.

...like most of the plumbing products on sale here they are are of very crappy quality...

Actually, a bum gun of "crappy quality" sounds rather appropriate... whistling.gif

H

55555555555555555------- Love it

the pun was intended in the original post :)

Still, I am amazed at the response to what I thought was a pretty mundane request for information

...still no functioning bum gun in my abode however;

I'm back in UK for a while and by heck i ain't half missing me bum gun, so much more hygenic and a darn sight cleaner, just don't understand why houses here aren't fitted with them. Something so simple yet so effective....you can clear a full roll of Andrex the morning after a curry and Guiness night!!!

Funny you mention that. I was talking with a friend in the US about that and he brought on back with him. He installed it but the water is too cold! You'd need a mixture of hot and cold water going to it. Makes sense when you think about it.

After first trip to PI, went back to the states and bought a "tabo". After first trip to Thailand went back to US and couldn't even find toilet sprayer. After dozens of dollars for pipe tees, nipples, shutoffs, fittings to adapt different threads, and a kitchen sprayer I assembled my own. And never looked back. Next time I'll look forward, and find Cotto on line...

Water's not too cold, just refreshening, butt I live in the southland..

Edited by jcnbkk

Funny you mention that. I was talking with a friend in the US about that and he brought on back with him. He installed it but the water is too cold! You'd need a mixture of hot and cold water going to it. Makes sense when you think about it.

Eh, even in the Middle East, water is cold in the "winter" but ya' wiggle through it, not so bad once you get the first shot off your &lt;deleted&gt;.

• Like 1

Eh, even in the Middle East, water is cold in the "winter" but ya' wiggle through it, not so bad once you get the first shot off your &lt;deleted&gt;.

LOL! Cheers! Got a good laugh out of that.

• 11 months later...