Graft Charges Continue To Haunt Yingluck

webfact

PM Yingluck and her very fragile government can't seem to buy a favorable word from the organs of 'public opinion' in this country. And yet her government seems to enjoy broad support in the nation, outside of BKK.

I hope Mister T comes back to Thailand, does a little token jail time, then gets out and lays waste to his enemies.

And what would you suggest transpire in regard to the numerous other serious charges in waiting, many with conslusive clear cut poof of serious wrongdoing?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

**But if people voted for other candidates, they would not receive support from the government**

This is not a good thing to come from the mouth of a premier, and is completely against any rules of democracy and freedom of choice. She should be racked over the knuckles if she gave that statement. but do remember at that stage she was still a bit wet around the ears.

However, it is political reality.

A quick check of spending in multiple western democracies shows that the lion's share of public spending goes to constituencies that voted for the government.

Really? Can you please supply the extensive research behind your comments. It must have taken some effort to research all of this for the multiple western democracies you mention. Impressive reseaching so please share with us.

I've not really noticed this in the UK. It would be too big a risk as it could be used against the party in government. Obviously if an area has a party in power that matches the government then as their views will be similar they will be getting national government which more closely follows their outlook.

PM Yingluck and her very fragile government can't seem to buy a favorable word from the organs of 'public opinion' in this country. And yet her government seems to enjoy broad support in the nation, outside of BKK.

I hope Mister T comes back to Thailand, does a little token jail time, then gets out and lays waste to his enemies.

And what would you suggest transpire in regard to the numerous other serious charges in waiting, many with conslusive clear cut poof of serious wrongdoing?

'I hope Mister T comes back to Thailand, does a little token jail time, then gets out and lays waste to his enemies.'

I think it's been suggested that he does a little time at least but he isn't prepared to do that.

What do you mean by 'lays waste to his enemies'? That sounds a bit like the dictatorial approach that many posters on here accuse him of. Do you agree with their view?

Charges? Convictions? These can all be dispensed with easily over a nice meal at a quiet resort, and a few 'considerations' back and forth.

If and when Mister T returns and brushes these trivialities aside with the panache he still possesses, does anyone doubt he could be re-elected with an even stroger majority than even the PTP now enjoys? When you examine the man's record, he did a lot of good things for Thailand (NOT including the crazy War on Drugs fiasco, which got so far out of hand!) There's enough graft, corruption, and hypocracy on all sides of Thailand's political spectrum, that nobody emerges looking 'clean'.

He's a master politician, and a leader of great skill, cunning, charisma, and intelligence, who apparently scares hell out of the true ruling elite. Look out. He'll be back. The 'Democrats' (children of Thatcher) are finished.

One would have thought by now that whatever the PM says or does would automatically be run past their legal department to prevent her from falling down such "pot holes". It's not as if this is the first PM to fall foul of legalities and not the first time that this PM has been at risk. Taking this allegation on face value, this one looks kind of serious. If she does disappear from the political scene, will her Sister fair any better? It's a fact of life that people are more forgiving towards the "beautiful people" and those who are not so well blessed tend to be less favoured in their findings.whistling.gif

• Like 2

Ridiculous allegations like several years ago with Samak. Are the right people in the Justice System ready and in place?

What is ridiculous about these allegations? And what is ridiculous about a PM being forced to step down for having two jobs AND for lying about it?

Don't you remember what the Chief Judge of the Supreme Court said about the case against Samak. The decision they made, was a political one and not really justified by law.

Did the judge really say exactly that? Not from my understanding, in fact samak broke the law and lied about it. Clear as a bell.

but no doubt you will twist it to whatever pleases you. Next.

Sorry to proof that the only one twisting the truth is you: "Constition Court President Wasan Soipisut had admitted in a seminar that the Constitution Court's ruling to disqualify Mr Samak from premiership was "careless" and "flawed"."

Clear as a bell

Next

Edited by hanuman2543

Soooo.....does this mean she might have to flee the country and then continue to govern via a proxy?

Got the strongest feeling of deja vu.

Has anyone seen any tanks yet?

No, no and no.

The PM enjoys continued support amongst the electorate and strong support within the military enlisted, nco and junior officer personnel.

The military support could be because the focus on the previous government has changed. A while back Abhisit was a puppet of the military that had staged the coup against Thaksin and was just obeying their orders. later after the election of the PTP it all changed to Abhisit being in charge after all and giving orders for the military to kill the red shirt protesters.

Whilst the military had no problem dealing with Thaksin who still refuses to take the consequences of his actions by surrendering to his jail term given by the courts which I think he agreed to do, they were far too scared of the more substantial Abhisit and so had to do as they were told. This seems to have been accepted as now there appears to be no suggestion that the military were anything other than puppets of Abhisit and the Democrats and will not be prosecuted at all.

As for the feeling of deja vu I think it's my intelligence being insulted again

"A highly placed source in the EC said Yingluck said she did not use office hours to help Pongsapat campaign for votes"

So she admits she helped him outside office hours?

Not to Yingluck (in red crayon): A Prime Minister doesn't work office hours, she is not PM from 8 to 5 PM and then stops being a PM.

If she works office hours does that mean when she's on one of her many overseas trips and it goes past clocking off time in Bangkok she has to start paying for her own flights and accommodation?

Does she also have to get heads of state to meet her at strange times so she can be PM in office hours and not a non PM because she's clocked off?

If she was campaigning out of hours surely it was fraud to offer government help and cooperation when she wasn't actually working and so had no authority.

Edited by kimamey

What is ridiculous about these allegations? And what is ridiculous about a PM being forced to step down for having two jobs AND for lying about it?

Don't you remember what the Chief Judge of the Supreme Court said about the case against Samak. The decision they made, was a political one and not really justified by law.

Did the judge really say exactly that? Not from my understanding, in fact samak broke the law and lied about it. Clear as a bell.

Sorry to proof that the only one twisting the truth is you: "Constition Court President Wasan Soipisut had admitted in a seminar that the Constitution Court's ruling to disqualify Mr Samak from premiership was "careless" and "flawed"."

Clear as a bell

Next

Yeah get back on topic, It is about Yingluck, not Samak, & besides judicial precedents do not seem to carry any weight here.

Charges? Convictions? These can all be dispensed with easily over a nice meal at a quiet resort, and a few 'considerations' back and forth.

If and when Mister T returns and brushes these trivialities aside with the panache he still possesses, does anyone doubt he could be re-elected with an even stroger majority than even the PTP now enjoys? When you examine the man's record, he did a lot of good things for Thailand (NOT including the crazy War on Drugs fiasco, which got so far out of hand!) There's enough graft, corruption, and hypocracy on all sides of Thailand's political spectrum, that nobody emerges looking 'clean'.

He's a master politician, and a leader of great skill, cunning, charisma, and intelligence, who apparently scares hell out of the true ruling elite. Look out. He'll be back. The 'Democrats' (children of Thatcher) are finished.

There is no way that his criminal actions during the horrific killing spree that the war on drugs was can be ignored when judging mr T. Neither can his clumsy, oafish actions in the south which led to the ongoing terror there be ignored. As for corruption, mr T. was a dab hand at that. I don't favour coups, I dislike PT but accept they are in power, but to say mr T. is the way forward is not a view I subscribe to.

• Like 1

Clear as a bell

Next

With a memory like yours I can only suggest that you consult a gerontologist.

the allegations are indeed ridiculous. compare them with the complaints that were filed against Sukhumbhand.

But i am not surprised by Green group coordinator Suriyasai Katasila aka PAD leader and New Politics Party secretary general. Why they don't try their luck in elections?

Edited by ZhouZhou

Clear as a bell

Next

With a memory like yours I can only suggest that you consult a gerontologist.[/quote

Not nice when somebody undeniable proofs that u r wrong. Maybe you should count how many times your moanings about the reds have been proven wrong . FYI the info and the quote is from the 25th last month .

Edited by hanuman2543

They are wiped clean with the amnesty he gets from the government he paid for and leads.

I wonder when we hear from brother Jesse on the subject.

• Like 1

Clear as a bell

Next

With a memory like yours I can only suggest that you consult a gerontologist.[/quote

Not nice when somebody undeniable proofs that u r wrong. Maybe you should count how many times your moanings about the reds have been proven wrong . FYI the info and the quote is from the 25th last month .

What you quote is a selective and intentional mis-quote, cherry picked to give this impression.

What he actually said is 'the writing of the decision was careless and flawed', not the core of the decision.

He said this in a seminar, not on the right and wrong of the points of this decision,

but in a seminar about ' how to wrote decisions as clearly and properly as possible '.

Sorry dude, this dog won't hunt.

Edited by animatic

the allegations are indeed ridiculous. compare them with the complaints that were filed against Sukhumbhand.

But i am not surprised by Green group coordinator Suriyasai Katasila aka PAD leader and New Politics Party secretary general. Why they don't try their luck in elections?

Except for this major point.

The allegations against Sukhumbhand were for things said by others

without his knowledge or obvious directions. Not his actions

While these charges are for things SAID BY Yingluck for others.

Her actions are at the heart of the charges.

So it is clearly on record she did the deed,

while they tried to get him for the deeds of others

Edited by animatic

Soooo.....does this mean she might have to flee the country and then continue to govern via a proxy?

No, no and no.

The PM enjoys continued support amongst the electorate and strong support within the military enlisted, nco and junior officer personnel.

How do you know what the military enlisted, nco and junior officers think?

Extensive polling or just a wild unsubstantiated hopeful guess .

Your pick.

SPECIAL REPORTGraft charges continue to haunt Yingluck

Opas Boonlom

The Nation

A highly placed source in the EC said Yingluck said she did not use office hours to help Pongsapat campaign for votes - but he believes the law would look at the content of the speeches she made, not when she made them.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-04-10

Come on people give her a break! It's just a 9-5 job for her. She has far more important things to think about.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You forgot to add the bit about, "I'm no fan of Thaksin, but...."

I get a strong impression that all these accusations against Yingluck, Abhisit, Suthep, & Sukhumbhand are fairly petty political barbs with the 'you file one against my party/individual & we'll file a counter against your party/individual'.

Unfortunately it has got worse since the DSI were told to target the Dems, including the pettiest of all 'wrong method of money transfer'. It does also include the kangaroo 'court' used by the defence minister (under instructions) to remove Abhisit's military service record on the flimsiest of 'evidence'.

I'm not saying that all the cases didn't flout the spirit of the law but it's a pity that PTP cannot be allowed (by you know who) to actually get on with governing for all Thais & allow the opposition democratic space to do their job too.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 1

Clear as a bell

Next

In his defence, Wasan said he had earlier mentioned the flaw in the ruling of the Samak case, which had to do with the format of the ruling and not the content. He added that the ruling was confusing, hard to understand and did not prioritise key topics but there was no flaw or deficiency in the content.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/628453-samak-disqualification-ruling-queried/

So Wasan didn't say "The decision they made, was a political one and not really justified by law."

That is certainly "clear as a bell".

blink.png Did you just land on this planet.......sir?

• Like 2

You forgot to add the bit about, "I'm no fan of Thaksin, but...."

You forgot to add the part about: "I am not really obsessed, but . . ."
i think he forgot 'i'm not one to go off on bizarre rants, but'

Quote: He's a master politician, and a leader of great skill, cunning,

charisma, and intelligence, who apparently scares hell out of the true

ruling elite. Look out. He'll be back. The 'Democrats' (children of

Thatcher) are finished.

I think he meant 'Democracy is finished'.

• Like 2

No, no and no.

So what about the gardeners g'kid, you have any data on them?

And what has he done for the Thai people that is so great, destroying the rice industry isn;t a good thing

**But if people voted for other candidates, they would not receive support from the government**

This is not a good thing to come from the mouth of a premier, and is completely against any rules of democracy and freedom of choice. She should be racked over the knuckles if she gave that statement. but do remember at that stage she was still a bit wet around the ears.

Ahh, just another honest mistake then, never mind laws and values and ethics. And most of all never mind the rights of all the people in the country to share in development etc.

It's a stupid thing to say, but a ten year ban and all the rest is nonsense.

" read my lips, no new taxes" and he survived a completely bare faced lie. They won, now get onto really finding a way to win a general election.

Hmmmmm, how many hours to drive to isaan?

blink.png Did you just land on this planet.......sir?

his observation about the support for the yingluck government seems to be right and doesn't look clueless to me.

friend of sister in law is making piles of money to be the middle man between companies who want gov contracts, it helps that he knows yingluck and he is building a 30 million house with the greyish money