Re-entry Stamp In Don Muang?

Is it possible to get a re-entry stamp in Don Muang or must it be had from the local Immigration office?
See this recent post.
How to get a reentry permit

Explaining reentry permits

If you have an extension of stay in your passport, you will ned a reentry permit if you plan to travel outside Thailand for short period.

The best is to obtain your re-entry permit at Don Muang International Airport, just before Immigration counter. Re-entry Permit counter is on the 3rd floor of Departure Hall, International Passenger Terminal 1. Immigration at Phuket International Airport also provide reentry permits in the departure hall.

FEES: The fee for a re-entry permit is (as per 2003-08-26):

1,000 Baht for single re-entry

3,800 Baht for multiple re-entry

Bring 2 color photos, passport, copy of passport (main page and recent entry stamp). The application form is simple to fill in and at the Airport the waiting time is minimal, approx. 10-20 minutes.

The processing time at Thai Immigration Suan Pluh, can vary from 1 hours to half a day, so if you prefer to queue, apply before lunch so you you can pick it up later the same day.. You can apply in person or via agent (requires Letter of Attorney). Pick up can be done by courier presenting your green receipt.

On your return to Thailand, don't forget to note the reentry permit number on your Immigration arrival card (TM-card) and check that you are stamped in correctly. The latter is very important.

Holders of multiple Non-Immigrant visas do not need re-entry permit, as they will get a new 90 days entry stamp on arrival. You only need reeentry permit if you have a short or long time extension that you want to keep.

................and yes they are open 24 hours (you might have to wake them up though :o)

--------------

Maestro

As with most things in the visa category different people have different views. I do not recommend trying to obtain a re-entry permit at Don Muang. Much less stress at your local immigration office (any office). You can not obtain at the airport until you have completed your check-in process so if you are late or there are lines it is added stress at a time when you least need it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the process at Don Muang, as long as you set aside 30 minutes for it...it never took longer than that, irregardless of time of the day and I've done it a dozen times or so. Just check in, leave your passport and go grab a beer :o

The problem is allowing 30 minutes when the travel time to airport can very by an hour, the time in line by another hour. If you are comfortable doing it at the airport more power to you but I am not and so stated. Most people also fly from Terminal 2 so allow for the exercise walk to 1 and back.

When I visit an airport that last thing I want is more checks and paperwork.

You make some good points, but sometimes it can be a real hassle to go all the way to Suan Plu for people like me that are off the MRT/BTS lines, it's basically a guaranteed half day lost doing that, as opposed to half an hour extra in the airport.

Also, I've never ever checked in on a flight in more than 30 minutes, not even right after the tsunami when throngs of people were all over Don Muang...how many people would there have to be at all the counters to make you wait for 1+ hours??

You can not obtain at the airport until you have completed your check-in process

Ive never applied for a re-entry permit but am curious as to why you must check in first................i suspect you are going to say you need to show your boarding pass, but if that is the case what happens when you go to local immigration to apply?

Or is this a T.I.T case? :o

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the process at Don Muang, as long as you set aside 30 minutes for it...
On my part, I would worry that I might forget to do it at the airport and therefore would prefer to do it at the Immigration Office.

Madsere, it is your choice: get the re-entry permit at your local Immigration Office and have peace of mind, or leave it until the last moment and try not to forget it at Don Muang (and hope to have sufficient time for it).

--------------

Maestro

Yes, you need your boarding pass to obtain a re-entry permit at the airport. No, you do not need it at any other immigration office. In fact most people obtain at the same time they extend there stay if they have any intentions of travelling.

Yes, you need your boarding pass to obtain a re-entry permit at the airport. No, you do not need it at any other immigration office. In fact most people obtain at the same time they extend there stay if they have any intentions of travelling.

Have to agree here, if there is any chance you will be leaving the country during the year of your visa extension, then just get the multi re-entry permit at that time. Why hassle getting one each time before you leave?

TH

When applying and getting the reentry form. Can you leave the dates open when you leave Thailand? When I leave to go to the states, I don't know the dates when I go.

Yes. Or make a guess if they ask them to be filled in. The validity date will still be the same as your permitted to stay stamp.

Have to agree here, if there is any chance you will be leaving the country during the year of your visa extension, then just get the multi re-entry permit at that time. Why hassle getting one each time before you leave?

TH

For myself, I always get a multiple re-entry permit valid till the end of the one-year extention I get.

However, if you are not travelling too often, it might be more economical to apply for singles.

Single Baht 1000, multiple 3800. So if you intend to travel more than 3 times, the multiple is 'cheaper'.

Question?

How long is a "Short Peroid"?

if you plan to travel outside Thailand for short period.

I have a one year visa- good until March 2007- what if I want to go "out" for 2+ months?

If you have an extension of stay you need a re entry permit to keep it alive; period. Matters not how long you leave Thailand until it is after the expiry date of your extension/re entry permit; at which time both become invalid. So you need to return to Thailand before the date on the re entry permit (which will be the same date as your extension renewal requirement) - be it one minute or 11+ months.

question:

is it possible to get a multiple-reentry permit at the airport? If so, how do you fill in the blank spaces in the application form that show the dates for leaving and reentering Thailand? Do you have to have the dates for every single one of your future reentries at hand? Or do you just fill them blank?