What Would Happen If The Thai Politicians Read This Forum?

thhMan

Would they realise that westerners see things a bit more clearly and undertsand that some comments actually are far superior to the advice given by cabinet ministers.

Would they realize that foreigners have some great value to contribute to Thailand if given a fighting chance to do so?

Dont get me wrong, I think some areas of the way Thailand is managed is adequate... but quite a bit is so blateantly wrong/corrupt that it takes an intellect, whether Thai or Foriegn to put things into place that deal with issues directly and not graze the surface and get bogged down with more corruption...

Or is this just wishful thinking ???

• Like 2

Just posing the question.

I read a lot of the news reports here and I am amazed at some real forward thinking by TV members.

Of course there are comments that are also not proactive, which is great as it adds a bit of fun and debate.

As some have said, go back to your own country... But what if I have made Thailand my country (as much as I can anyway)... I can always hope Thailand gets better, cant I... Im sure thats across the board with foriegners and Thai's....

I suppose ignorance and stupidity will always come from the "Go back Home" brigade.... coffee1.gif

• Like 1

If thai bigwigs read this forum, I would expect the mother of all visa crackdowns....smile.png

Yeap, that's exactly what would happen. Because a good number of farangs on TV are not only incredibly racist, but also on the low end of the IQ scale.

I think you summed it up perfectly... just the wrong way around... (replace the word Farang with Thai) wai2.gif

Thai politicians travel the world and go to places like Singapore etc they see how other countries do things better do you think they want Thailand to be like that, no way because it might cost them money.

The big man in Dubai is a perfect example and we know he went to Singapore for some reason or other.

I read a lot of the news reports here and I am amazed at some real forward thinking by TV members.

Of course there are comments that are also not proactive, which is great as it adds a bit of fun and debate.

As some have said, go back to your own country... But what if I have made Thailand my country (as much as I can anyway)... I can always hope Thailand gets better, cant I... Im sure thats across the board with foriegners and Thai's....

I suppose ignorance and stupidity will always come from the "Go back Home" brigade.... coffee1.gif

You can make Thailand your country by getting citizenship. It takes a few year and is easy if you're married to a Thai.

Sadly, many come here with a superior attitude and don't even try to integrate with the locals, not learning the language etc.

Cabinet ministers know a lot more about what makes this country run than you, I or any TV member. They don't give a damn what people here say - insignificants.

• Like 1

If thai bigwigs read this forum, I would expect the mother of all visa crackdowns....smile.png

Yeap, that's exactly what would happen. Because a good number of farangs on TV are not only incredibly racist, but also on the low end of the IQ scale.

I think you summed it up perfectly... just the wrong way around... (replace the word Farang with Thai) wai2.gif

With the attitude like that, you would be better off and happier back in your passport country. I’m sure none of the thais will miss you.coffee1.gif

Not true. I get regular emails from Nok, Nit and Nam telling me just how much they miss me. Too much, apparently.

• Like 1

It would make zero difference because the politicians all have their head in the sand, and all believe they know best.

As we all know, to most Thais, Thailand is the utopian centre of the universe. How can you change perfection?

And if they were open to foreign advice....TVF should be the last place they come. I would fear more damage to the already fragile reputations and rights of foreigners here.

Edited by LucidLucifer

Would probably require many members to have a mental evaluation, before their extention of stay.

Would part of that evaluation include the ability to spell 'extension' ?

I'll give you that, if makes you feel beiter.

Would probably require many members to have a mental evaluation, before their extention of stay.

Would part of that evaluation include the ability to spell 'extension' ?

I'll give you that, if makes you feel beiter.

He Wouldrolleyes.gif

They would be insulted over what many think and say about the country.

Then again, many would also accept the fact that most people talk about other countries and cultures all the time.

I think you have that right...

Sadly enough... it would be forgotten as soon as its corruption money payday....

I think Thailand is great.... Its always a pleasure to meet younger Thais and listen to what they say... Many of the educated ones I speak with seem to agree that Thailand is going in the wrong direction.. and fear for what is ahead.... Some of the older generation would like to see changes, but to bring it back to the old ways... I cant argue with that, as I still remember what Thailand was like 30 years ago... A real gem!!! But then again, so was my home town.... The world changes... whether we like it or not.... I dont think we can force non change... perhaps I am wrong?

And the uneducated Thai's seem to think the world revolves around them and Thailand... Fair enough...

Edited by thhMan

You can make Thailand your country by getting citizenship. It takes a few year and is easy if you're married to a Thai.

Sadly, many come here with a superior attitude and don't even try to integrate with the locals, not learning the language etc.

Cabinet ministers know a lot more about what makes this country run than you, I or any TV member. They don't give a damn what people here say - insignificants.

Whilst agree with everything you have said you really should add have paid Tax in thailand

What Would Happen If The Thai Politicians Read This Forum?

I would get the Freedom of the Country.
Many of the rest of you, I fear, would be xxxxxxxx smile.png

They would be too busy laughing their bottoms of at you for thinking they could give a monkeys about what you think. tongue.png

<p>

They would know:

• Where to buy cheap Razor blades
  • Where the Pizza is available
  • Best Happy hour drinks deal
  • Not to monopolise Free Wifi and tables in Cafes
  • All the sin sod rules
  • Avoid using jetskis
Don't forget cheese and Ford Rangers.
  • Like 1