The Battle Of My Life.......

theblether

Once you lose all that weight, what to do with all the hanging skin?

I've lost 8Kg in the last year and thinking about a chin lift, it's so bad.

(from 90Kg down to 82Kg in just under a year)

I can't imagine the problems someone going from 158Kg to 100Kg would have.

Can I ask what age you are (within a few years is fine)?

Just trying to understand the issue you have.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50+

I think I've lost too much weight, down to 81Kg now.

• 3 weeks later...

How is the battle going could you give an update.

He's out to lunch. tongue.png

I am just curious and supportive here.. it often helps to write it down commitment wise.

I really did mean he has gone out for lunch. He'll likely be back later.....although he is on a month sabbatical from posting. Best send him a PM robblok.

50+

I doubt you have lost too much weight.

What are your measurements?

Height, Waist, Wrist, Chest etc.

That will give a better idea and a reasonable estimate of your body fat percentage.

No idea of weight loss and all the different programs...

I came from a family of big people, could even say very big......... going back to when I was 12 or 13, we made a joint effort, or some of use, My Grandmother, Mother. Sister and I, joined Weight watchers..

Cut short there was a man there happy smiling and jolly and 28 stone, we won the weight watchers award of the year 1962, down to just under 18 stone, can always remember I thought he looked 20 years older and haggered even sick, 6 month later he was dead...

For the next 25 years tried most diets, only one that worked was the egg diet, for the passed 20 years have not bothered, still appear to stay the same weight as when I was a teenager, so now around 112 to 120 kg,. I just look at myself differently I am a big bear, now an old big bear.. at 6'3 [190cm] I am not a little round bear/barrel

50+

Presumingly that means between 50 and 60 ... that is quite some loss of skin elasticity.

Were you a beach boy in your younger years?

we won the weight watchers award of the year 1962, down to just under 18 stone, can always remember I thought he looked 20 years older and haggered even sick, 6 month later he was dead...

That does seem to be an issue with people looking 'gaunt' and visibility looking 'older' after the weight loss.

No idea why.

we won the weight watchers award of the year 1962, down to just under 18 stone, can always remember I thought he looked 20 years older and haggered even sick, 6 month later he was dead...

That does seem to be an issue with people looking 'gaunt' and visibility looking 'older' after the weight loss.

No idea why.

Actually it made me look younger and fitter, I think part of it is that you better combine it with better eating not just less and sports. It all works in synergy. Also do remember weight loss has a positive influence on blood pressure and could help against diabetes.

Everyone can loose weight if they really want its the commitment they fear, there is only a real small percentage that can't.

• Like 1

50+

Presumingly that means between 50 and 60 ... that is quite some loss of skin elasticity.

Were you a beach boy in your younger years?

It's only my chin/neck that has the problem, lost 4" round my waist and that looks fine.

• Like 1

Now gentlemen ... I'll give you a heads up.

You may have noticed a change in the Avatar of the OP ... theblether.

He's gone from this post-104736-0-06697000-1369551155_thumb. to this desismileys_0027.gif

Same old blether ... same, but different ... and maybe, even a little lighter ... w00t.gif

So, in his own words ...

Let me apologize for my silence on the thread, I requested a posting suspension from Thaivisa and they graciously arranged it for me. There are some people who are delighted that theblether is quiet but hey I will return next week in full fettle.

Now I mention the assistance of TV for a reason, and that reason boils down to one word, community. When I requested the suspension of posting rights I explained why, I explained that I had to apply all concentration possible to my training and my attempts to lose weight and improve my health. Not only did TV go to the trouble of arranging the suspension, they also sent me a note of support and encouragement, which I thoroughly appreciate.

Once more on the theme of community, I've received private messages from several members, some offering moral support and others offering superb advice and encouragement. Every message is appreciated, and I do listen to everything that's said. This is TV at it's best, a true online community.

To the training.......it's been a bit of a nightmare. I will accept though that it's self inflicted, I took on too much too soon, let me explain.

Although I'm very heavy, I'm highly mobile, remarkably so for a guy my size. That's partly why I'm determined to get the weight off just now before Mother Nature starts to award me the Gifts Of Ageing, such as failing joints etc.

The people in my hotel, including several TV members were well used to seeing me hobble my way back up the road after training every day, saturated with sweat as you could imagine, I was training twice a day with a lengthy but manageable morning session, and a short sharp session in the afternoon. The morning session consisted........

• 20 minute slow jog, in the gym, round the matted area.
  • Stretch warm up
  • 10 reps shadow boxing,
  • 10 reps left knee movement
  • 10 reps right knee movement
  • 10 reps combined knee movement
  • 10 reps elbow movement right,
  • 10 reps elbow movement left
  • 10 reps combined

If you youtube Muay Thai training techniques it will show you what I'm talking about. Technique is everything, and the repetitive nature of this training ( the way we do it in our gym ) had the benefit of seeing me traversing 1000 metres over the course of the programme while going through the motions. I call it Violent Aerobics, it would take me about an hour to complete, and my pulse rate was steady at about 124 for the hour.

I would then go into 3 rounds of Pad Training with my instructor, full body reportoire, 5 minutes each round, and that's an intense workout. Again watch the kicking exercises on Youtube and picture yourself doing that 10 times in a row, either leg, as well as the rest of the exercises, you can see it's a good full body work out.

I would finish the morning session with bag work, as instructed, a typical day would be kicking the bag 50 times with each leg, plus some glove work + some straightforward kettlebell exercises.

Stretch down, and shower.

Afternoon sessions were far shorter, 15 minutes jogging, stretch, 3 rounds on the pad, warm down, shower, then drag my sorry *ss home, into the pool, a stretch out swim, cool down.

Three days a week I would do some weights to a programme recommended by one of our members, the programme is excellent and takes into account my lack of fitness in this regard.

Where did it all go wrong? You might find this surprising.

Firstly, before I came to Thailand I bruised my Achilles heel, as I was training on mats I was delighted that it didn't prevent me from training. The mistake I made was going for a walk.

I got out of bed early one day and walked to the gym via the moat, the long way round. It was a 9km walk, and my walking shoes skinned my heel. We've all done that at some point in our lives, so now I had a bruised Achilles plus to the left of it, a giant gash in my heel.

I went for a walk because I was fed up running round in circles in the gym. I think you can understand that. So, being the determined type, I trained on through the pain, and went back to jogging within the gym. I was over compensating for the twin pains coming from my heel and my ankle exploded, it swelled right up. Even lying in bed it was torture, so Doctors orders, medication, then rest. I lost several days training.

When I returned I had to curtail any kind of walking or jogging, and I lost a good part of the Violent Aerobics exercise segment I mentioned earlier. It was a case of make do and mend rather than train fully.

I compensated for the lack of peripatetic activity by upping the work I did on the kettlebells, I suggest you youtube them as well, they are an excellent activity. They build strength and cardio fitness at the same time, and they are so small they can be stuck in the corner of your bedroom and used whenever it suits you.

Where am I at? I'm disappointed to say the least, I was going great until the "walking incident", and the injury knocked the stuffing out of me. On the bright side, I'm loving the kettlebells.

I feel fit to train fully again now, I'm going to adjust the programme to take into account the fragility of my heel. I'm looking forward to effectively returning to the programme that I was doing before the walk, but building more kettlebell exercises in as they are " heel friendly ".

I've stumbled, but I'm not down and I'm certainly not out.

I'll start posting on a regular basis again next Sunday, I'm on pm if anyone wants to talk to me direct. I'm hoping to report a good week this week, but I know as one pal put it " you have to be relentless ".

I'll do just that.

This ... the blethering ends

• Like 1

What is the point of not posting...but posting via proxy?

I entered the realm of self fitness myself just last week, the realm of discipline, willpower and determination.

1 week ago I bought a situp bench. It is sitting in my office, I look at it each day with the determination to start next monday.