Debt Collecting In Thailand ?

Let's imagine that I have some sort of Thai court order that says that a person has to pay me a sum of money.

I know this person very well and if I showed him a court order he would just say "F*** off, you won't get a penny (satang) from me".

The question is if there is any way for me to force him to pay ? For example, can I go to the Thai police and say "here is a is a court order that says that this person has to pay me a sum of money. Take the money off him and give it to me (please).

Maybe I should add that this person does have more then enough money to pay me, he just doesn't want to.

Even with a courtorder in your hand, it is up to you/your lawyer to trace his assets. With proof of your debtors assets, you go back to court and ask for a freeze of his assets until, you have been paid.

Sounds complicated, but at least the court part of it, is quite straight forward.

Police has nothing to do with it, as it is a civil matter!

Good luck.

Even with a courtorder in your hand, it is up to you/your lawyer to trace his assets. With proof of your debtors assets, you go back to court and ask for a freeze of his assets until, you have been paid.

Sounds complicated, but at least the court part of it, is quite straight forward.

Good luck.

Thanks. Well, I do know where he works and banks and that he bought his expensive car for cash and at least some of the properties he owns.

Good luck.

Of course you could also offer the police a "finders fee" as well....wink.png

why not hire a few debt collectors,what i know they will one way or another get your moneyw00t.gif

That's how the Thais do it. Thais know if they borrow money from another Thai and don't pay it could be a tragic end.