Gold Price Downward Trend To Continue

Not one of you have stated or said anything about Thai gold NOT being 99.9 % pure.

Thai gold is 97.4% pure, so why do they trade at the 99.9% price. Easy MONEY MONEY don't buy gold in Thailand you suckers.

Now this is going to be interesting I wait for all the "CRAP" that most of you seem to be good at!!!!!

Have a happy money losing days everyone!!!!

-there's no such thing like "Thai Gold",

-Gold jewelry and bullion in Thailand is mainly sold with a purity of 96.5% (not 97.4),

-i have no idea who "they" are which trade "at the 99.9% price" (sic!),

-96.5 Gold trades in Thailand parallel with the international fine Gold spot price minus 3.5%.

note: it's suckers like you who talk crap. period!

Edited by Naam
  • Like 1

Well it longer than I thought.

Mugs born every day and you for sure are one of them. Been here for 20 years been there done that and made money.

Yr quoted % is the Thai Govt number but you are for sure NOT up with the play in Thailand of the "Added Silver" in Thailand.

Keep buying it,

Good to know people like you still around it makes it easier for us "Real long term Stayers"

rshoemake, on 22 Apr 2013 - 19:33, said:

paulmw, on 22 Apr 2013 - 18:01, said:

pete66, on 22 Apr 2013 - 17:37, said:

If anyone knew the future they wouldn't need to work would they.

Soros got out of gold 4 weeks ago in a big way. So I guess the Thai's will blame him again same as when the baht went west in 1998.
Where did it say he did that? He had gotten out once before, but then got back in. Perhaps he is just trading the trend. However, Jim Rogers who used to work with Soros is still in gold, and only plans to buy more as it goes down. That's the smart thing to do.
If I was going to buy gold, I sure wouldn't buy it now. I would wait until it bottoms out and then buy it. All this mess is just a marketing ploy to help the rich get richer and the poor to be worse off, than they are now ........ Edited by XINLOI

Who cares? Why speculate in PM's? The market is manipulated and speculating is for suckers. Buying with a smaller percentage of net worth, to hold for either a lifetime or until perhaps it is the asset of last resort is my only interest in the stuff. I have a lot of US silver coins that I bought in the 60's for face value. One paper fiat dollar for one real silver dollar. I'm not even interested in doing the math or looking at charts to see what impact inflation has had on my "gain." I don't care what the melt value is today. Maybe there is no real gain. I don't care. I really don't care today because it isn't for sale any time soon.

I love this old joke, which was bandied about when I was a banker: This cute young gal sits down at a banker's desk and dumps a whole bunch of money onto his desk, right out of a big paper bag. The banker is surprised and asks her, "Did you hoard all of this yourself?" The young woman answers, "No, my sister whored half of it."

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 2

I paid $250 an ounce 40 years ago here in T'land.

40 years ago (april 1973) the price was ~$90/ounce.

It could have been 1976 my memory is not so good and it was jewellery so they charge about $10-15 bucks a Baht extra as opposed to gold bars.

Not one of you have stated or said anything about Thai gold NOT being 99.9 % pure.

Thai gold is 97.4% pure, so why do they trade at the 99.9% price. Easy MONEY MONEY don't buy gold in Thailand you suckers.

Now this is going to be interesting I wait for all the "CRAP" that most of you seem to be good at!!!!!

Have a happy money losing days everyone!!!!

-there's no such thing like "Thai Gold",

-Gold jewelry and bullion in Thailand is mainly sold with a purity of 96.5% (not 97.4),

-i have no idea who "they" are which trade "at the 99.9% price" (sic!),

-96.5 Gold trades in Thailand parallel with the international fine Gold spot price minus 3.5%.

note: it's suckers like you who talk crap. period!

Why is it stamped 100% or at least was when I bought many years ago, have not looked at a piece lately.

Who cares? Why speculate in PM's? The market is manipulated and speculating is for suckers. Buying with a smaller percentage of net worth, to hold for either a lifetime or until perhaps it is the asset of last resort is my only interest in the stuff. I have a lot of US silver coins that I bought in the 60's for face value. One paper fiat dollar for one real silver dollar. I'm not even interested in doing the math or looking at charts to see what impact inflation has had on my "gain." I don't care what the melt value is today. Maybe there is no real gain. I don't care. I really don't care today because it isn't for sale any time soon.

I love this old joke, which was bandied about when I was a banker: This cute young gal sits down at a banker's desk and dumps a whole bunch of money onto his desk, right out of a big paper bag. The banker is surprised and asks her, "Did you hoard all of this yourself?" The young woman answers, "No, my sister whored half of it."

Those silver coin dollars U.S. and Canadian are worth between $20 and $40 each. I just sold one of each in Canada last week for $60. at a pawn shop. They were worth a Dollar each years ago when I got them. So there is the math on your gain.

Gold will go up and down, but over the long run gold will go up and eventually pass its previous high, it make take a few years, but as soon as people lose trust in the U.S. dolllar they will sell dollars and gold will rise again.

In the long run (as Keynes said) you are dead and given gold's spectacular failure for over 25 years from 1980 that is exactly what would have happened to many investors entering the market in the early 1980s and waiting for gold's recovery ie dead.