Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

On 9/29/2017 at 10:07 AM, wilai said:

Liverpool..."Bloody hell, we're really letting English sides down in Europe so far this year!"

Everton..."Hold my beer!":tongue:

BTW...the lesser spotted Allan played the full 90 for Apollon and looked good.

At the minute I can only say i am very happy that I do not still live in Liverpool and have to go in and work with #@%&s (warm-hearted, humorous  types) like you in the morning. :)

Edited by rott
  • Haha 1

<deleted> frustrating afternoon again and again and again, repetitive madness.

I'm tired of watching this ordinary <deleted>:

• Centre backs are bang average
  • Fullbacks are bang average
  • Captain is not a captain, no real leaders 
  • Imagine if Coutinho was allowed to leave
  • Sturridge should have done one in the summer
  • Salah is the most wasteful winger in the World
  • Mane absent, but why the <deleted> would you take him off
  • No clue how to breakdown a team that will only stay up because of Rafa
  • 2 defenders watch a man make a run through the middle of them and run backwards instead of stepping up, wtff
  • When's Clyne back?

Pro - Solanke should get more game time

7 points off the pace after 7 matches, should have beaten Watford, Burnley, and Newcastle. Same mistakes, cheap goals. 

Thankful there's an International break for the first time ever. 

Just now, BangrakBob said:

• 2 defenders watch a man make a run through the middle of them and run backwards instead of stepping up, wtff
  • When's Clyne back?

7 points off the pace after 7 matches, should have beaten Watford, Burnley, and Newcastle. Same mistakes, cheap goals. 

The manager is a <deleted> too

Coutinho looked not at all pleased after he scored. He could be getting regular game time at Barca now that Dembele is crocked. Forcing him to stay against his will can only work whilst he has to play well to compete for a place in the Brazil side in the World Cup.

15 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

• When's Clyne back?

International break isn,t the answer Bob,you need some decent players.........next match is a big big one for Flopp.......all will be forgotten I guess if you come up with the win :sleepy:

the points 

The guys a <deleted> muppet end of. He's there getting upset about his stupid system failing and he's not making the right changes at the right time to rectify the shoddy performance on the pitch. 

Just a normal football manager not a scientist next time please.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Think I heard the commentator say klopp is coming up to 2yrs there and has a point more/less than benitez and 6 points less than Brendan. Honestly, is he making progress?

You tell me softlad come on strap a pair on and give us the bare thruth then bareback

I thought we played well enough to have one the last few games, but last night was a bad night. We didn't deserve to win the game. I like Salah, but he has to start putting the opportunities away. I love Mane, but completely forgot he was playing at one point. There were far too many players not up for that game and I was left shaking my head at times. That was the first game I have watched with both my boys, and I had explained the way we play to them and what to look out for. They were a bit disappointed to say the least.

To answer whether a fan feels we are progressing.... i for one believe we are (in attack), and that with a bit more clinical (I hate to use the word) finishing we would have won every game. Unfortunately we do not get the goals our attack deserves at the moment, but (apart from last night) we have created ample chances to win games and that is surely  progress. the central defense has not changed and still has the same problems; though I though they were actually better last night. Has there been progress in defense? I think so. Moreno is a better player this season (though being good enough is a debatable issue) and we have 2 young right backs who are coming along nicely; even though they should probably not be our starters. It is the CBs that need real progress, and I don't think we will see that without a new player.

On the subject of defense; I think the choices were wrong. I would have chosen Robinson on the left and TAA on the right. We would have seen more of mane that way and would have had balls being crossed into the box all night. That would have meant them being unable to set up their defense in the same way.

For me this was our first bad game. The others have been bad results; but at least we created chances and showed some great football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think I heard the commentator say klopp is coming up to 2yrs there and has a point more/less than benitez and 6 points less than Brendan. Honestly, is he making progress?

That question is totally irrelevant when comparing to past managers, there are so many variable differences beyond the managers. Yet modern punditry claims it is, well I guess for the thickos.

Klopp took us to the Europa League final in his first season, beating Dortmund & United in the process. He has now brought us UCL for only the 2nd time in 9 years. And if it wasn't for Suarez the first in 9 years. In a league that is getting tougher ever season. 

Our points tally was smashed last season compared to his first part season in-charge.

He has created a devastating attack that needs a bit of confidence, maybe luck. Most of the goals we concede are individual errors. 

Yes we have progressed and we will come good. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2 what's your opinion in answer to my question. You strike me as a doubter while Bob remains loyalist. So R2D2 strap a pair on and give us the bare thruth then. 

Klopp's tenure is reminiscent of most of his career. He can get you so far but he has not crossed the line enough and he is far from a world class manager and his lack of a plan B is so blatant from signings to game strategy that I have become to detest his lack of substitutions or to be more precise, his timing.

Solanke lit up yesterday and stretched them but he only had 17 minutes to make an impact. Chamberlain too hot in good positions in the 8 minutes he was given.

Klopp seems to have a different playbook than every other manager and his belief in his first 11 is starting to slap him in the face.

Who does that?

Watch for 70 minutes whilst your forwards make a pigs ear of everything and only then decide to change. The deal klopp seems to be giving players is play football and don't worry if your having an awful game. Surely he should scrap his first 11 confidence and start mixing it up and getting the best out of his squad and instilling that fear into first teamers that they have had drilled into them from ye high? 

Produce or be subbed early enough to ensure your replacement can impact the game.  

Where to start!?

By attempts alone Liverpool should not only win but swamp teams. Against Arsenal in the 4-0 victory at Anfield they had 18 attempts with 10 on target. Last night the stats read 17-2. What I saw yesterday was a different Liverpool. They need to have a more balanced approach. Ian Rush was a great goalscorer  but have 10 oufield Rushes might result in a lot of losses.

Most acknowledge that going forward they can be irresistable but they need someone who can unlock the defences. The forwards,. in turn, need to be more aware. Make runs for others; Suarez style. The failure to unlock defences result in frustration and long range efforts. These efforts go onto the tally but it is ineffective football. Especially for Liverpool.

I still can't suss out what Klopp's defensive system is. Sometimes I think it's zonal but when they defend a corner it's more like man-to-man (although only one to defend yesterday).

Generally I feel that the team is all but there, Just get onto the training ground and practice those through balls.

Sturrage for me is not Liverpool quality under the present system; whatever that is. He woud be better suited to Leicester,  Burnley or Watford.

Edited by owl sees all
added more content
  • Like 1

"Klopp seems to have a different playbook than every other manager and his belief in his first 11 is starting to slap him in the face."

Shades of Arsene then. Changes mostly around 70 minutes when its often clear who is having an off day. Dunno why these guys can't be honest with players - "look you were playing $hite on the day and it doesn't mean you can't have another go next game around"

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2 what's your opinion in answer to my question. You strike me as a doubter while Bob remains loyalist. So R2D2 strap a pair on and give us the bare thruth 

Bottom line bareback.

I accepted the style of play would leak goals but I also brought into this attacking approach and it ain't happening. Said it a few times this guy needs to start showing a bit more nous but it does appear he has 1 plan and he does not seem to even think about another and when he does he leaves it too late.

Chamberlain should be starting. 35m to sit on the bench. He's played an hour of league football since he arrived. 

24 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Where to start!?

By attempts alone Liverpool should not only win but swamp teams. Against Arsenal in the 4-0 victory at Anfield they had 18 attempts with 10 on target. Last night the stats read 17-2. What I saw yesterday was a different Liverpool. They need to have a more balanced approach. Ian Rush was a great goalscorer  but have 10 oufield Rushes might result in a lot of losses.

Most acknowledge that going forward they can be irresistable but they need someone who can unlock the defences. The forwards,. in turn, need to be more aware. Make runs for others; Suarez style. The failure to unlock defences result in frustration and long range efforts. These efforts go onto the tally but it is ineffective football. Especially for Liverpool.

I still can't suss out what Klopp's defensive system is. Sometimes I think it's zonal but when they defend a corner it's more like man-to-man (although only one to defend yesterday).

Generally I feel that the team is all but there, Just get onto the training ground and practice those through balls.

Sturrage for me is not Liverpool quality under the present system; whatever that is. He woud be better suited to Leicester,  Burnley or Watford.

Ok OSA but let's say LFC have 3 more off days what then?

We got Ancelotti up for a role in the prem we got benitez showing some proper nous with Newcastle we got Allardyce always looking for a return to the big time. We got redknap who'll be licking his lips at the cash he can get backhanded on a clear out we got got tony pulis looking for hos next 5 year plan friendly chairman we got Jamie Carragher talking but can he really do the walking? 

Whose in the frame if Klopp's glasses fall off?

Sunday's first half was a microcosm of the season so far. Could and should have been a couple of goals ahead:

Score a cracker...............................................check

Miss a sitter.....................................................check

Hit woodwork..................................................check

Nailed on penalty not given............................check

Schoolboy defending......................................check

No comment on JK as my knee doesn't do jerking:sorry:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

That question is totally irrelevant when comparing to past managers, there are so many variable differences beyond the managers. Yet modern punditry claims it is, well I guess for the thickos.

Klopp took us to the Europa League final in his first season, beating Dortmund & United in the process. He has now brought us UCL for only the 2nd time in 9 years. And if it wasn't for Suarez the first in 9 years. In a league that is getting tougher ever season. 

Our points tally was smashed last season compared to his first part season in-charge.

He has created a devastating attack that needs a bit of confidence, maybe luck. Most of the goals we concede are individual errors. 

Yes we have progressed and we will come good. 

Ah, a bit of common sense!!  Spot on Bob.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

We got Ancelotti up for a role in the prem we got benitez showing some proper nous with Newcastle we got Allardyce always looking for a return to the big time. We got redknap who'll be licking his lips at the cash he can get backhanded on a clear out we got got tony pulis looking for hos next 5 year plan friendly chairman we got Jamie Carragher talking but can he really do the walking?

Good points Rc.

Ancelotti  - I'd rarther keep Klopp

Allardice - and turn the clock back to the 1950s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rednap - turned Spurs into one of the most exciting EPL teams I'v seen. But he can flop also (QPR). Too old now anyway.

Tony Pulis - NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benitez - now your talking (remind me why he left in the first place)

Jamie - heart is in the right place

Dyche - for start of next season with Jamie as Ass' (unless of course Kloppie cuts the mustard this season).

Edited by owl sees all

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

Honestly,  you are welcome to your opinion but, aside of Ancelotti (and Benitez who's done his time at Liverpool) i never thought in a month of sundays i read posters on here throwing those names into the hat as a replacement for Jurgen Klopp!!

This threads gone a bit mental..... 

Especially with Jamie :biggrin:

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

Honestly,  you are welcome to your opinion but, aside of Ancelotti (and Benitez who's done his time at Liverpool) i never thought in a month of sundays i read posters on here throwing those names into the hat as a replacement for Jurgen Klopp!!

I agree with you to a point. Some of the Red fans are restless, revolting even, and as the buck stops at the manger's feet it is natural that some are looking to the future. Rc was just speculating! And I responded.

After the Arsenal game we were all smiles. After the Man City match we were down in the dumps. We are crying in our beer right now but the blue side of the city is PIG SICK and rightly so. At least we can smile at their appalling disasterousnss.

We must learn to take a more measured approach. Take the rough with the smooth so to speak. We no longer have the right to look down on the others (from the top) as we were used to for 20 years.

After Man Utd are smashed to bits in our next EPL game the smiles will be back and Kloppie will be top doggie. 

Edited by owl sees all

12 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I agree with you to a point. Some of the Red fans are restless, revolting even, and as the buck stops at the manger's feet it is natural that some are looking to the future. Rc was just speculating! And I responded.

After the Arsenal game we were all smiles. After the Man City match we were down in the dumps. We are crying in our beer right now but the blue side of the city is PIG SICK and rightly so. At least we can smile at their appalling disasterousnss.

We must learn to take a more measured approach. Take the rough with the smooth so to speak. We no longer have the right to look down on the others (from the top) as we were used to for 20 years.

After Man Utd are smashed to bits in our next EPL game the smiles will be back and Kloppie will be top doggie. 

We shall see. Utd then Maribor then tottenham at wembley. 4 pl points and a first CL win could pull it together but I really think he needs to start subbing lads earlier and getting fresh legs with points to prove, on the pitch.