Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I agree with you Sharecropper :) But how good a manager is Rafa, Torres was a good signing, Aquilani is awful for the money. Liverpool are a team living on their past glories. Simple as that

that said to live on one's past glories one at least has to have had past glories.

can't wait to see the back of these two charlatans but i'm still wary about who might take over from them.

Unfortunately this is the way it's going. More football terrace activism, an increasingly remote (often geographically so) corporate-based ownership sucking up the gate receipts etc., increased alienation of fan base.

Still, bad owners can blight any club. It's not long ago that Thaksin was discussing changing the ship in Man City's crest to replace it with a Thai symbol! :)

Bad luck on Torres news. I always like watching a game when he's playing. In the right setting and with consistent rude health he could challenge Messi - certainly a more elegant mover than Messi IMO. Wouldn't it be a great spectacle if we could have an EPL season that didn't revolve around critical injuries.

EPL should drop in size and have a three week January break

Edited by SantiSuk

Bad luck on Torres news. I always like watching a game when he's playing. In the right setting and with consistent rude health he could challenge Messi - certainly a more elegant mover than Messi IMO. Wouldn't it be a great spectacle if we could have an EPL season that didn't revolve around critical injuries.

Not sure about reducing the EPL schedule, i could live with fewer F ing International friendlies, league cup and fa cups.

Make the league cup for under 23 yr olds only as half the teams only play the kids anyways (except in the final).

Well that was a f*ckin nightmare catchin up on about 10 pages.

Glad to see I was missed :) .

Still getting to see the Reds at f*ucked up times with that prick Tommy Smith talkin.

Team news Stevie?

haven't heard mate i'm afraid, our lad was stuck somewhere in spain at the weekend on account of the bloody icelandic volcano palaver.

think it's got to be kuyt up front to be honest, maxi in on the right and one of babel or yossi on the left. aquilani in midfield hopefully, lucas on the bench.

Has Liverpool's season (and future) really descended to this?

Liverpool Boss Rafael Benitez Claims Europa League Means More Than League Cup

Spaniard plays down domestic trophy's significance...

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has claimed that the Europa League is a much more important competition than the League Cup, which Manchester United won earlier in the season.

...."I think the Europa League is massive compared, say, to the League Cup because of the teams left," the Spaniard told his club's official website.

"The best possible finish to the season for us would be winning the Europa League or being in the top four. If not, then you have to understand that a bad season is part of the game. I've not had many bad seasons, so that is a problem for me.

I liked this bit: We won't be underestimating them, not with [ex-Atletico players] Fernando Torres and Maxi Rodríguez in our side. We know Atletico really well.

Full story http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/464/euro...pa-league-means

I'm still analyzing the remaiming games that the teams around us have to play, I know it's a little sad but....

Ah well, looking forward to the game tomorrow. A good solid game from the lads at the back, we can get the goals back at Anfield.

I'm still analyzing the remaiming games that the teams around us have to play, I know it's a little sad but....

Ah well, looking forward to the game tomorrow. A good solid game from the lads at the back, we can get the goals back at Anfield.

so by your comment you expect madrid to get a few against you, tomorrow?

so by your comment you expect madrid to get a few against you, tomorrow?

we're going to lose 5-0.

martin o'neill's comments about this game were hilarious. and he's spot on.

Not sure about reducing the EPL schedule, i could live with fewer F ing International friendlies, league cup and fa cups.

Make the league cup for under 23 yr olds only as half the teams only play the kids anyways (except in the final).

have you ever ben to an fa cup match james??

half the teams you say play only kids? do you mean the top 4 who are supported by the modern sky generation, and have less than zero in common with domestic cup progress, ie <deleted> trophieless emirates silverware suite, there are around 90 teams who enter the league cup, you reckon 45 of them play only kids? hopefully you choke on your prawn sarny or fall off your armchair :)

1-0, not so bad considering the trip to get there. Should have been 1-1 because the replay showed the goal Yossi put in the net just about 9 minutes after the Forlan goal was clearly onside. But nobody seemed to notice! Crazy, no protests, or anything, for some reason I think the slow speed at which the ball got to him seemed to make it look like it was offside, because I thought it was offside for sure at real speed. Replays showed he was surely onside, however. Crazy. Going to be another big, winnable match in Europa League next week, though.

Also, great saves from Pepe, great saves. Kept us right there in it for the second leg.

Edited by Jimjim

pretty uninspiring stuff but will give them the benefit of the doubt after the ridiculous journey to get there. think we'll do them in the return leg. don't half miss bloody torres though.

What team would not miss a talent like torres,maybe you will miss him more after he goes to city :)

Also, great saves from Pepe, great saves. Kept us right there in it for the second leg. ...of the usually-much-Liverpool-derided Mickey Mouse Cup.

How the mighty have fallen eh?

But next season, should you just scrape 7th, you will have yet another chance at Europa Cup Glory. :)

pretty uninspiring stuff but will give them the benefit of the doubt after the ridiculous journey to get there. think we'll do them in the return leg. don't half miss bloody torres though.

What team would not miss a talent like torres,maybe you will miss him more after he goes to city :)

If they sold him, (1) how much do you think they would get for him, (he's still a great player, even with his frequent injuries), and (2) who would they get in to replace him?

If they sold him, (1) how much do you think they would get for him, (he's still a great player, even with his frequent injuries), and (2) who would they get in to replace him?

I'll have a shot at number one. Fully fit and guaranteed to make it through a season, at least as much as Ronaldo. Injury prone and likely to miss half of any given season more than halves his value. I'd say 35- 45m. Of course if City go after him the price is likely to rise - 50m at a push.

I'll have a shot at number one. Fully fit and guaranteed to make it through a season, at least as much as Ronaldo. Injury prone and likely to miss half of any given season more than halves his value. I'd say 35- 45m. Of course if City go after him the price is likely to rise - 50m at a push.

I'd tend to agree with these figures. But would the current board accept 50m? :)

In light of it not being April 1st, this has to be utter rubbish doesn't it?

Contains such quotes as: "Juve have put together a package which would make Benitez, 50, one of the richest and most expensive managerial appointments in football."

From the UK's Mail on Sunday: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...fer-refuse.html

In light of it not being April 1st, this has to be utter rubbish doesn't it?

Contains such quotes as: "Juve have put together a package which would make Benitez, 50, one of the richest and most expensive managerial appointments in football."

From the UK's Mail on Sunday: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...fer-refuse.html

No one is more richly rewarded for failure than football managers

team is: Reina, Johnson, Carra, Ayala, Agger, Maxi, Gerrard, Mascherano, Aquilani, Babel, Kuyt.

good side that, shame we've fuc_k all left to play for. be interesting to see how ayala gets on, he's a talent.

So lads who you want to win next week? liverpool or chelsea or a draw.

Will you be liverpool fans or anti man utd fans for the game.

Should be a good game to watch with chelsea knowing a slip up the title is not in there hands,and united would just have to win the last 2 games to be champions.

Good luck sunday liverpool.

A Liverpool win against Chelsea of course.

Whoever finishes top has been the best team over the season and deserves it, no matter how much I would hate the mancs to win.

Great little pass by Aquilani to Maxi and not a bad finish too.

Massive game for us on Thurs. Never thought we'd be in this situation but it is what it is.