Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Bit of a dilemma for Liverpool fans.....For sure they will have to beat Chelsea to stand a chance of the 4th Champions League spot but that could let Manchester United back in the title race.....also they will be relying on United to beat City....is it possible Liverpool fans will be supporting United in this match,then ?? :)

Bit of a dilemma for Liverpool fans.....For sure they will have to beat Chelsea to stand a chance of the 4th Champions League spot but that could let Manchester United back in the title race.....also they will be relying on United to beat City....is it possible Liverpool fans will be supporting United in this match,then ?? :)

No Liverpool fan I have ever known (and I once lived on Walton Breck Rd and Aigburth :D ) would EVER want Man U to win the title :D

Edited by mrbojangles

We have Ciity on the last Game of the Season, IF we are safe then & IF that 4th spot is still up for grabs, the whole Ground will be willing City to win that Game for sure..

Cheers Singhy :):D

True that is BJ & i guess the message will get throught to the Team too as the Crowd will simply not allow them to win & allow T*ttenham to get CL Football & if that's cheating, then <deleted> it, we're cheats.... :D

We have Ciity on the last Game of the Season, IF we are safe then & IF that 4th spot is still up for grabs, the whole Ground will be willing City to win that Game for sure..

Cheers Singhy :D:D

True that is BJ & i guess the message will get throught to the Team too as the Crowd will simply not allow them to win & allow T*ttenham to get CL Football & if that's cheating, then <deleted> it, we're cheats.... :D

I don't know why but all of a sudden I've developed a soft spot for West Ham. Think I might become an honourary fan :)

Whichschools talking boll#cks again :D

Granted he could have worded it a tad better but is he not even a little close with the basis of some of the points he's trying to make though such as they'd be happy with an Arab Consortium taking over & they should get used to 5th/6th/7th if they don't get one as they won't/don't have the $$ to compete at the very top ??

Might even get a certain Steve agreeing with that you know, even though he'd hate to.. :D

& they do whine too... :D

i've said as much myself in plenty of posts on here m, albeit in not such gobshiteish words as those used by friend whichschool. i'd take osama bin laden as owner ahead of the pair of thieves we currently have in charge, never mind an arab business consortium. and we might even have had one were david moores not such a greedy clown.

Fair play and i was obviously on a wind up ... but it was the comment about the Europa Cup (UEFA) being insignificant and below Liverpool that got my goat, it really isnt what someone who supports a football club should say.

Noted on the windup :D

Its my opion and yes I stick by it....does not mean I support them any less.

I'd rather have a Porsche than Skoda too :)

SOS to DIC

Cheers Singhy :D:D

:) Don't sweat it chaps...we'll have qualified already and City long since bottled it :D

no liverpool fan i know would ever want us to throw a match.

Bit of a dilemma for Liverpool fans.....For sure they will have to beat Chelsea to stand a chance of the 4th Champions League spot but that could let Manchester United back in the title race.....also they will be relying on United to beat City....is it possible Liverpool fans will be supporting United in this match,then ?? :D

No Liverpool fan I have ever known (and I once lived on Walton Breck Rd and Aigburth :D ) would EVER want Man U to win the title :D

and also correct.

How dare you all malign the Mickey Mouse Cup. Every year we are in it (or whatever the second tier competition it is then called), my brain dead Liverpool-supporting rellies wickedly take the piss for our involvement.

But maybe we all have it wrong, because old Rafa has said (on Goal.com): "The Europa League now is a very, very important trophy for us.."

Very, very important eh? How the mighty have fallen. :)

And there could be further to fall as the glue melts on Icarus's wings.

I had to post this which I just read in the Telegraph. Probably the most angry attack on Rafa this season in a newspaper that can string a sentence together, but it's well justified.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-surrender.html

Good article and hits the issues.

"Europa League, the realm of also-rans. How the mighty are falling."

Time for a change :)

Roll on July

I had to post this which I just read in the Telegraph. Probably the most angry attack on Rafa this season in a newspaper that can string a sentence together, but it's well justified.

Good article and hits the issues.

"Europa League, the realm of also-rans. How the mighty are falling."

Time for a change :D

Roll on July

Written by Henry Winter aswell, who can atleast articulate as opposed to most other godshite journalists.

BTW Oliver Holt is always good for a laugh...an absolute tool. (I particularily liked his column on why he so strongly felt that JT should'nt be sacked :D printed the day before Don Capello gave him the chop. :) )

Fair play and i was obviously on a wind up ... but it was the comment about the Europa Cup (UEFA) being insignificant and below Liverpool that got my goat, it really isnt what someone who supports a football club should say.

i agree, i've had some brilliant times watching liverpool in the uefa cup. i would never consider it 'beneath' us but it's a good indicator of the job that rafa benitez has done in making us european powerhouses again that some fans consider it well below expectation levels these days.

Ive got a grudge against Liverpool fans after a certain very famous match in 1996 that i attended and seeing their supporters after the game chuffed to bits that theyd helped their so called main rivals to the title, and i just can't let it go.

eh? which match was that then?

edit: hang on, you're talking about the 4-3 against newcastle aren't you?

European powerhouses again????

I think you have been on the pop a bit saying that!

i agree, i've had some brilliant times watching liverpool in the uefa cup. i would never consider it 'beneath' us but it's a good indicator of the job that rafa benitez has done in making us european powerhouses again that some fans consider it well below expectation levels these days.

Ive got a grudge against Liverpool fans after a certain very famous match in 1996 that i attended and seeing their supporters after the game chuffed to bits that theyd helped their so called main rivals to the title, and i just can't let it go.

eh? which match was that then?

edit: hang on, you're talking about the 4-3 against newcastle aren't you?

European powerhouses again????

I think you have been on the pop a bit saying that!

two european cup finals in three seasons? regularly getting to the quarter-finals and semis so much so that it was a massive shock when we didn't get out of the group stage? only team to ever win away in the nou camp? spanking real madrid over two legs last season? i think that's pretty powerhouse as it goes, yeah.

i would never denigrate the uefa cup as it's a (or it was until uefa pissed about with the format and made it group stages allowing champions league fall-outs in), a proper european trophy.

i do though think there's a case for saying that it's a more important thing for rafa than for the club this season. since i don't believe he'll be our manager next season.

btw, henry winter is a pompous bellend who has spent most of this season tweeting about how michael owen simply must go to the world cup.

^ i think that's pretty powerhouse as it goes, yeah.

Ahem, "WAS" pretty powerhouse.

Welcome to your new world order. Looking up at City for the next few years and fighting us, Villa, Birmingham and Spurs for Europa Cup places.

quite possibly. that won't be due to rafa benitez though.

i would never denigrate the uefa cup as it's a (or it was until uefa pissed about with the format and made it group stages allowing champions league fall-outs in), a proper european trophy.

i do though think there's a case for saying that it's a more important thing for rafa than for the club this season. since i don't believe he'll be our manager next season.

btw, henry winter is a pompous bellend who has spent most of this season tweeting about how michael owen simply must go to the world cup.

henry winter? wasn't 12 months ago you were calling him one of your favorites Stevie? :)

SteveH I am sitting here shaking my head in serious disbelief at your reply above.

Everything bad that has happened to you is down to Rafa. How is it not, in your mind?

Here's why I think it is, off the top of my head:

1. Apalling man management skills, eg Alonso being upset at his grooming of Barry, his pissing off O'Neil, who ensured Barry didn't go there. His use of Keane, demotivation of Aquilani etc etc.

2. His OVERALL transfer signing policy - shocking, wasteful, inept.

3. His skills as a football manager - eg Torres (and other bizarre) substitutions all season, the way Liverpool have played this season, he has gradually been left with a demotivated, shattered squad.

None of this has anything to do with the owners, but with the arrogance and Napoleon Complex of Rafa Benitez. A man who cannot see when he has f*cked up badly, so cannot be expected to put it right.

He is definitely lucky to have the unquestioning fans he doesn't deserve though.

Wallie Breck AND Aigburth, BJ you have suffered grievously in ths life :D , and probably have more "Liverpool time" than many kopites you banter with (no names mentioned of course), regardless of nationality :D .

I have just looked up the stats on your Euro record(rescent seasons) and it IS better than i thought,but that does not say you have become a powerhouse in European football again,in fact the last two seasons you have not done that well,point being you are on a downward slope due to the inept management of the whole club.

Also a European powerhouse club has got a resource of money to back things up when it goes wrong,Liverpool have not.

SteveH I am sitting here shaking my head in serious disbelief at your reply above.

Everything bad that has happened to you is down to Rafa. How is it not, in your mind?

1. Apalling man management skills, eg Alonso being upset at his grooming of Barry, his pissing off O'Neil, who ensured Barry didn't go there. His use of Keane, demotivation of Aquilani etc etc.

3. His skills as a football manager - eg Torres (and other bizarre) substitutions all season, the way Liverpool have played this season, he has gradually been left with a demotivated, shattered squad.

None of this has anything to do with the owners, but with the arrogance and Napoleon Complex of Rafa Benitez. A man who cannot see when he has f*cked up badly, so cannot be expected to put it right.

He is definitely lucky to have the unquestioning fans he doesn't deserve though.

Now there's a Post if ever i've seen one where i can kick back, relax, get the Popcorn & wait for the reply.. :)

Wallie Breck AND Aigburth, BJ you have suffered grievously in ths life :D , and probably have more "Liverpool time" than many kopites you banter with (no names mentioned of course), regardless of nationality :D .

Your probably right Rott. When I lived on Walton Breck Rd, the Albert and Salisbury were my locals. I like to watch football no matter where I live, so I used to go and watch Liverpool quite alot when there was a spare ticket going from one of the lads. Didn't go as much when I moved to Aigburth. It was the same when I lived in Portsmouth.

It was over 20 years ago now. But one favourite haunt of mine in Liverpool, purely because yoy couldn't fail to kop off, was the She Club. Don't know if anyone on here remembers that place. Bloomin marvellous it was. :D

Now there's a Post if ever i've seen one where i can kick back, relax, get the Popcorn & wait for the reply.. :)

Actually as much as i agree with the criticism Rafa gets, and as much as i too am guilty of slagging him off on this thread, i do have sympathy for Stevie having to constantly defend the man to supporters of other clubs and wonder whether he might have reached the stage of just thinking "fukc them, i can't be arsed with this, let them believe what they want to believe".

Your probably right Rott. When I lived on Walton Breck Rd, the Albert and Salisbury were my locals. I like to watch football no matter where I live, so I used to go and watch Liverpool quite alot when there was a spare ticket going from one of the lads. Didn't go as much when I moved to Aigburth. It was the same when I lived in Portsmouth.

It was over 20 years ago now. But one favourite haunt of mine in Liverpool, purely because yoy couldn't fail to kop off, was the She Club. Don't know if anyone on here remembers that place. Bloomin marvellous it was.

I used to go out with a girl who lived in the street next to Gwaldys Street and spent years boozing along Country Road by way of pub crawls, usually ending in a place called The Spellow.

I was more of a Grafton man (or youth at the time) than a She Club frequenter, although the mythical grabbing of a Granny never happened for me (honest Officer). Did pull a French bird in there once, improbably called Mercedes!

quite possibly. that won't be due to rafa benitez though.

Whats the expression? "The buck stops here" or something like that?

People are quick to list his <ahem> so called "achievements" so, therefore should be willing to recognise his MANY failings

Every fan of every team, and every other manager in the country will tell you they would give their right arm to be the manager, or a fan of, a Premier League winning side.

Rafa? He just makes a fairly decent cup side (and ONLY a fairly decent one!!!) and basked in the glory of it ever since

Great managers would give up the title of "European powerhouses" for ten years or more, just to win one Premiership title

Rafa? He just says "finishing second is an achievement" I think a certain Mister Shankly would disagree somewhat....no?

When Rafa rode into town in 2004 he also rode his luck.

Fluking an CL win on penalties, after being played off the park in the 1st half, by an aging AC Milan team (The same AC Milan team that spanked us again 2 years later)

Inbetween those 2 was another fluked "played off the park" final...this time in the FA cup against a team thats been flirting with relegation for more years than their fans care to remember

Its been downhill since then, so i guess his luck has ran out, huh?

Just a few short years ago, clubs used to fear being drawn against us in any cup competition, or having to play at Anfield in the league. NOW they come with the attitude of "we can get something here"

No progress being made...unless you count slipping into reverse gear as progress :)

Penkoprod

On a lighter note, I had to laugh when I just read this on Wikipedia:

poor tactics, ill-judged transfer dealings and poor man management brought one of the bleakest spells in the history of one of Europe's most successful clubs of all time.

About Graham Souness's time at Liverpool!

Now, he WAS rubbish.