Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Will be made up if we get Seb Coates, he was boss in the Copa America and even got youg player of the tournament award. Interestingly shares both his height and date of birth as Sammi. :-)

I heard City were intersted but the player has come out and said we are his preferred destination so that should be that. The hard part will be getting him a work permit in time for the close of the window.

Can't be any harder than getting a work permit in Thailand wink.gif

Will be made up if we get Seb Coates, he was boss in the Copa America and even got youg player of the tournament award. Interestingly shares both his height and date of birth as Sammi. :-)

I heard City were intersted but the player has come out and said we are his preferred destination so that should be that. The hard part will be getting him a work permit in time for the close of the window.

Can't be any harder than getting a work permit in Thailand wink.gif

Well he doesn't fit the criteria for number of games played for country (he is only 20) but he would fit the 'player of great potential'. Seeing as he won the young player of the Copa America he can go via that route, but you have to appeal for that and it takes a month. Comollii must have something up his sleeve.

Not bad 3-1 win.

We played Bolton off the park tonight.

Controlled the game and showed some very attacking football at times - commanding display !

Suarez another class...he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

Sabastion Coates sat in the Directors box - good times ahead :)

article-2030747-0D98EC6D00000578-843_634x380.jpg

article-2030747-0D80C52500000578-597_634x460.jpg

Very decent performance by Liverpool and fair play to Dalglish. If he dropped Carroll as it appears he was right and you are a better, more effective side without him. He's too thick and slow to link up well with Suarez who's just in a different league of ability.

Edited by carmine

I would play Kuyt all day long instead of Carroll,Downing played well in a more free role also.good result for the dippers.

Yes, Downings also benefitting from playing in a better side atlast. He's never going to set the world alight but he's a very decent pro.

Early doors but, if they get a strike partner for Suarez a top four looks a lot closer.

I would play Kuyt all day long instead of Carroll,Downing played well in a more free role also.good result for the dippers.

Yes, Downings also benefitting from playing in a better side atlast. He's never going to set the world alight but he's a very decent pro.

Early doors but, if they get a strike partner for Suarez a top four looks a lot closer.

Early doors carmine....you back on the pop?

Let's see them play some decent opposition first shall we....rolleyes.gif

Good point. When is the Derby?

Good point. When is the Derby?

The way Everton are playing i'm surprised you want them to be playing anyone at the moment. :D

Sorry smokie but a wins a win and what more can you do but win a game comprehensively?

carroll will come good, and he's playing OK anyway. i'm not worried about him.

prefer to focus on the many positives around the club right now - what a difference from 12 months ago. downing and enrique in particular look fantastic signings, suarez is a force of nature, the coates signing addresses a weaker area of the squad and i think we'll probably still bring in another forward if we ship ngog out. oh and there's still that lad gerrard to come back in. kenny's all about the fun and the feelgood.

prefer to focus on the many positives around the club right now - what a difference from 12 months ago. downing and enrique in particular look fantastic signings, suarez is a force of nature, the coates signing addresses a weaker area of the squad and i think we'll probably still bring in another forward if we ship ngog out. oh and there's still that lad gerrard to come back in. kenny's all about the fun and the feelgood.

Furthermore two of our major opponents, Arsenal and Spurs, are up shit creak as even they must have realized after yesterday. However, the rot set in a while back. Between the two clubs they have won just 5 of their last 28 premiership matches (Spurs 3/14, Arsenal 2/14). That is the equivalent to relegation form.

The general criticism of Liverpool's signings during the transfer window is looking rather petty now especially against Wenger's attitude that he doesnt really have to do anything. Anyway. Good times.

Furthermore two of our major opponents, Arsenal and Spurs, are up shit creak as even they must have realized after yesterday. However, the rot set in a while back. Between the two clubs they have won just 5 of their last 28 premiership matches (Spurs 3/14, Arsenal 2/14). That is the equivalent to relegation form.

yes, it certainly looks like a return to the top four and champions league football is a very real possibility if we want it enough. though i can't honestly see any of united, city and chelsea not finishing in the top four.

still, one game at a time and all that. bloody typical that another bloody international break comes along just as we get some proper wind in our sails.

The general criticism of Liverpool's signings during the transfer window is looking rather petty now especially against Wenger's attitude that he doesnt really have to do anything. Anyway. Good times.

Stop being such a drama queen. We've played Utd away and Man City. Look at how we did against those two last season and that was without the injuries and the Modric situation. I'm not at all troubled by the lack of points but more about the attitude of the players and the performance of Redknapp. we were never challenging those two, thats a two horse race that will make this league look silly come next may.

On reading t your post again the whole lot is rubbish infact. What is relevent about Spurs and Arsenals results last season?

Where have you read about general criticism of Liverpools signings? There mostly pretty solid. I thought it was simply criticism about Carroll which on his price tag and performance thus far is more than warrented. I can also understand most of you being in denial about him but i have to remind you all, in Carroll's defense, he was never tried and proven at this level, only in the Championship and it was only the cartoon character, Mike Ashley, that put the world class price tag on his head. I don't believe for one moment he thought anyone would come close to paying it. So no, everybodies not having a go at poor old Liverpool.

Where have you read about general criticism of Liverpools signings? There mostly pretty solid. I thought it was simply criticism about Carroll which on his price tag and performance thus far is more than warrented. I can also understand most of you being in denial about him but i have to remind you all, in Carroll's defense, he was never tried and proven at this level, only in the Championship and it was only the cartoon character, Mike Ashley, that put the world class price tag on his head. I don't believe for one moment he thought anyone would come close to paying it. So no, everybodies not having a go at poor old Liverpool.

there's been plenty of sneering comment over the summer that we've overpaid for downing and henderson as well as for carroll. in truth i don't give a shit about who says what really, we need to play catch-up on the top teams thanks to the hicks, gillett, purslow and hodgson eras, that costs a lot of money and the new owners are delivering on their promises.

i'll say it again, the only people who seem to be bothered about andy carroll's price tag are other clubs' fans. liverpool fans know we got andy caroll and luis suarez in exchange for fernando torres and ryan babel. and we even made about 1.9m profit on the thing. so i think we're generally happy.

Stop being such a drama queen. We've played Utd away and Man City. Look at how we did against those two last season and that was without the injuries and the Modric situation. I'm not at all troubled by the lack of points but more about the attitude of the players and the performance of Redknapp. we were never challenging those two, thats a two horse race that will make this league look silly come next may.

No I hear you. At Liverpool we know exactly what it is like to have a lame duck manager and a demoralised and dispirited team. It isnt much fun. And I also know that matters are not going to be settled by how you play against Utd and City. But I do know if you are going to play like that (or Arsenal for that matter) you are going to lose plenty of points against pretty crappy opposition just like you did last year. And if we continue to play in the same way as we played against Bolton, we will not.

BTW if you were calling me a drama queen because I mentioned 'relegation form' and you think that I implied that either you or Arsenal might get relegated you are the one being rather dramatic. I am sure you will both be amongst the top 8 minimum at the end of the season and likely top six. It took Liverpool 9 games last year to reach 7 points and we still finished 6th.

It is just that if I asked for a weekend to show that Liverpool stood a good chance of finishing in CL and that Spurs and Arsenal dont look up to it at the moment - well it was a very good weekend.

BTW if you were calling me a drama queen because I mentioned 'relegation form' and you think that I implied that either you or Arsenal might get relegated you are the one being rather dramatic. I am sure you will both be amongst the top 8 minimum at the end of the season and likely top six. It took Liverpool 9 games last year to reach 7 points and we still finished 6th.

It is just that if I asked for a weekend to show that Liverpool stood a good chance of finishing in CL and that Spurs and Arsenal dont look up to it at the moment - well it was a very good weekend.

For me its been the case since the end of last season that it would be Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal fighting for fourth spot.

The owners of Liverpool have put their club in pole position by conducting their business early, getting the players they wanted and going into the season settled.

I am amazed that Arsenal have not brought in players when it was clear what was already lacking from last season and who would be leaving at the start of this one. Their players seem to recognise and look down displaying nothing like the Arsenal grit the we are used to seeing.

Tottenham have suffered fron the appalling behaviour of Modric over the last week in particular and are falling victim to Levys transfer market brinkmanship which really was not appropriate baring in mind how many players needed to go before the right ones came in. You don't go into a new campaign with a clear weakness in central defense and your main playmaker telling you he won't play. There should also be a review of our training methods when i see how many players are now crocked after only two premier league matches.

For me the message from Dalglish to his players is that now is the time to hammer down the advantage whilst north London is in disarray and i think you probably will do. On what i've seen so far you also look better than Chelsea for that matter.

For me its been the case since the end of last season that it would be Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal fighting for fourth spot.

The owners of Liverpool have put their club in pole position by conducting their business early, getting the players they wanted and going into the season settled.

I am amazed that Arsenal have not brought in players when it was clear what was already lacking from last season and who would be leaving at the start of this one. Their players seem to recognise and look down displaying nothing like the Arsenal grit the we are used to seeing.

Tottenham have suffered fron the appalling behaviour of Modric over the last week in particular and are falling victim to Levys transfer market brinkmanship which really was not appropriate baring in mind how many players needed to go before the right ones came in. You don't go into a new campaign with a clear weakness in central defense and your main playmaker telling you he won't play. There should also be a review of our training methods when i see how many players are now crocked after only two premier league matches.

For me the message from Dalglish to his players is that now is the time to hammer down the advantage whilst north London is in disarray and i think you probably will do. On what i've seen so far you also look better than Chelsea for that matter.

Ok I agree with 90% of what you say but remember that it was only two days ago that you were 'flabbergasted' that Liverpool were favorites amongst the three.

It took Liverpool 9 games last year to reach the 7 points they have accumulated in 3 and we still finished 6th.

I dont understand Wenger either. I rather thought the defining moment of the match last night was when he brought on Luxocade-camberchain, his biggest signing, who has barely reached puberty against a team of youngsters who was giving them a lesson in a team of youngsters. He simply has too much money in the bank to complain.

As for you lot my sympathies rest with Levy. Personally I think he wrote off this season before it started. By that I mean he isnt bothered by you ending up 7th. And you simply dont have the financial resources to compete every year. And if you dont think that Redknapp is the right manager dont be surprised if Levy takes the money from Modric and saves it for the manager that he does think is right.

Edited by Abrak

No I hear you. At Liverpool we know exactly what it is like to have a lame duck manager and a demoralised and dispirited team. It isnt much fun. And I also know that matters are not going to be settled by how you play against Utd and City. But I do know if you are going to play like that (or Arsenal for that matter) you are going to lose plenty of points against pretty crappy opposition just like you did last year. And if we continue to play in the same way as we played against Bolton, we will not.

I think to describe our performance as similar to that of Arsenal's yesterday is simply unfair. Look at the possession stats and tell me we were by far the worse team particularly in the first half.

We failed to take our chances fair enough but it was nothing like the mauling dished out to the library lot.

Same was true against Man Yoo as well.

We were simply beaten on both occasions by teams who are better than the rest of the Premiership sides.

Edit: sp.

Edited by smokie36

Welcome back to the champions league stevie-wolves for 5th, everton 6th, arsenal 7th, spurs 8th. Ok a bit optimistic, everton will likely finished above wolves ;)

Can we take ot that being you didn't post them predictions at the being of the season then you've based them on playing 3 games ;) everyone seems to be geting carried away after 3 games <deleted>, wolves havn't played anyone decent and nor have the bindippers come to that, so jimbo you think that wolvse are going to jump from 17th to 5th in one season, on the basis of buying 1 average and 1 semi-decent player, how much do you want on wolves not finishing in the top10 ? let alone 5th :o only muppets start getting excited and making predictions after 3 games :D , bit similar to the bindippers getting excited about getting 5th 2 months before the end of last season :o

Ok I agree with 90% of what you say but remember that it was only two days ago that you were 'flabbergasted' that Liverpool were favorites amongst the three.

It took Liverpool 9 games last year to reach the 7 points they have accumulated in 3 and we still finished 6th.

I dont understand Wenger either. I rather thought the defining moment of the match last night was when he brought on Luxocade-camberchain, his biggest signing, who has barely reached puberty against a team of youngsters who was giving them a lesson in a team of youngsters. He simply has too much money in the bank to complain.

As for you lot my sympathies rest with Levy. Personally I think he wrote off this season before it started. By that I mean he isnt bothered by you ending up 7th. And you simply dont have the financial resources to compete every year. And if you dont think that Redknapp is the right manager dont be surprised if Levy takes the money from Modric and saves it for the manager that he does think is right.

The flabbergasted bit was just some bait thrown in but disappointingly no one bit, which was rather worrying because i sensed confidence from that in your ranks. i was sure that atleast Dev would bite!!