Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

have a feeling they'll rotate on winding up suarez too. he's going to need to be clever.

Big ask of a footballer.

heh. yes, optimism being the default state of the football fan.

the particularly card-happy martin atkinson is ref. well known for making games more about him than what actually happens.

getting giddy about the derby against the tricky blues now.

after seeing how moyes detailed his players to kick lumps out of david silva last week i hope the ref is up to scratch. can see there being red cards in this on both sides.

You're starting to sound like one of Red Nose's pre most press conferences stevie.

I reckon a one all draw for this if its at Goodison which i think it is.

nah, the derby is just exciting mate. love it.

and yes, it is at the ground that's made of wood. so a draw is probably a pretty likely outcome all things considered. don't think gerrard is ready to start unfortunately.

Alright there Stevie lad, how's it going mirt?

Didn't have my glasses on when I first looked at your post, and thought you said ground made of wools!!

But enough of this jolly banter, ''ground made of wood'' -- never heard that one before, possibly some sort of kopite in-joke. Those plucky little tykes, what will they come up with next hey?

I am surprised you didn't say '' the ground that is another club's cast-off, the ground that another club left for somewhere better''. Oh I see that wouldn't be..., err, yes, that's later in the season, right, err, I see it now.

:D

\

Alright there Stevie lad, how's it going mirt?

Didn't have my glasses on when I first looked at your post, and thought you said ground made of wools!!

But enough of this jolly banter, ''ground made of wood'' -- never heard that one before, possibly some sort of kopite in-joke. Those plucky little tykes, what will they come up with next hey?

I am surprised you didn't say '' the ground that is another club's cast-off, the ground that another club left for somewhere better''. Oh I see that wouldn't be..., err, yes, that's later in the season, right, err, I see it now.

hehe, going sound ta la.

don't tell me you've never heard it referred to as woodison?

Bit shocked to see Everton fans throwing coins at Suarez and Bellamy. Didnt think that they could afford it.

they were throwing the money to kenwright but couldn't reach.

get in there redmen, great win that. needed to be patient and were, smart subs changed the game in the right way. delighted for pissed andy as well.

oh and of course it wasn't a red card. oh well. everton wives run for your lives.

You'll never see a better argument for a proper fourth oficial than that decision. Changed the game but well done for breaking down a determined Everton side.

Not about a fourth official really, rather a referee thats simply not up to the job. That one was a real shocker and ruined the game. We suffered at his incompetant hands last season. The man's a tit.

I would understand the view on here though being "a win is a win" though, especially playing away in the derby.

Andy Carrolls class

Edited by carmine

You'll never see a better argument for a proper fourth oficial than that decision. Changed the game but well done for breaking down a determined Everton side.

Not about a fourth official really, rather a referee thats simply not up to the job. That one was a real shocker and ruined the game. We suffered at his incompetant hands last season. The man's a tit.

I would understand the view on here though being "a win is a win" though, especially playing away in the derby.

Andy Carrolls class

:lol: sometimes you get the decisions go for you thats why its best to shut up Kenny and take the rough with the smooth,i think the lad will get it knocked off on appeal.

Andy Carrolls class ;)

See we are playing the old game of one manager seeing it, and the other not, and coincidentally the manager who benefited didn't manage to catch it, but the manager who lost a player did. Funny that.

Don't the managers have TV monitors pitch side for replays these days?

Edited to add: Andy Carrolls class

(don't know why i am saying that but everyone else is so don't want to get left out)

Edited by rixalex

Andy Carrolls class

:lol: sometimes you get the decisions go for you thats why its best to shut up Kenny and take the rough with the smooth,i think the lad will get it knocked off on appeal.

Andy Carrolls class ;)

Yes, very true and sure enough Liverpool will be victim of a shocker like that too at some stage as we probably all will. You just have to hope you are 3-0 up at the time. That said, i'm expecting some amusing versions of the incident (hope so lads cos its going to be a very boring day for me today ;) ) baring in mind the rough justice some on here felt they recieved at the Lane when they came down to kick lumps out of us.

I reckon Everton would have got at least a point with 11 men on the pitch.

Nah,who would have scored? Saha haha biggrin.gif

They should e given Tevez on loan just out of sympathy. Nah I was just winding this lot up...and you've gone and spoilt it already! biggrin.gif

I would like to know what the stats where on Kuyt ducking yesterday and knowing that Oh Carol would be there that was just pure class.

That boy has got a future,expect him to punched in some bar soon smile.gif

The red card was a truly a shocker.

I am one of those supporters who basically believes that refereeing decisions even out over the course of a season. However, it does bug me that referees are constantly making matches all about them. There were twice as many red cards given out last season compared to the first Premier League season in 1992/93.

Poor decisions also tend to lead to a distorted view of how the match is going. So from the Sunday Times 'The 185th Merseyside League Derby pivoted on the 23rd-minute dismissal of Jack Rodwell. Before that Everton had been superior'. On what basis - for the first 15 minutes Liverpool had 67% of possession.

Liverpool's start to the season is in many respects better than it looks.

We have had 4 'tough' away fixtures this year Arsenal, Stoke, Everton and Spurs (winning two and losing two). In last seasons match equivalents we lost three and drew one. If you add the fact that we won at Wolves at home this year (lost last year) our match equivalent progress is running at +8 for the season. That is not bad after 7 games. If we achieve +12 for the entire 38 games, we will make 70 points which will, almost certainly, be enough for fourth. At +8 we are joint leader in the PL on a match equivalent basis with Newcastle.

We have a very tough match coming up - Utd at home - but then we have a pretty smooth run of matches until the year end. Norwich, QPR, Swansea, Blackburn and Man City at home. West Brom, Wigan, Fulham, Aston Villa and Chelsea away. 6 wins from those 11 matches (inc. Man Utd) should be enough for fourth at Christmas.

We have had 4 'tough' away fixtures this year Arsenal, Stoke, Everton and Spurs (winning two and losing two). In last seasons match equivalents we lost three and drew one. If you add the fact that we won at Wolves at home this year (lost last year) our match equivalent progress is running at +8 for the season. That is not bad after 7 games. If we achieve +12 for the entire 38 games, we will make 70 points which will, almost certainly, be enough for fourth. At +8 we are joint leader in the PL on a match equivalent basis with Newcastle.

We have a very tough match coming up - Utd at home - but then we have a pretty smooth run of matches until the year end. Norwich, QPR, Swansea, Blackburn and Man City at home. West Brom, Wigan, Fulham, Aston Villa and Chelsea away. 6 wins from those 11 matches (inc. Man Utd) should be enough for fourth at Christmas.

I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself there mate. I'd wait and see if i were you. ;)

I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself there mate. I'd wait and see if i were you. ;)

Yeah - it's probably too early to say they won't go down, but they should be ok. :(

It's the likes of Blackburn, Norwich, Swansea and QPR that we have struggled against in the past (and not just recent past, either)

As Kenny says........one match at a time !!!!

Penkoprod

It's the likes of Blackburn, Norwich, Swansea and QPR that we have struggled against in the past (and not just recent past, either)

Penkoprod

Kenny's no mug and probably knows Tottenham are a better side at this stage of the season and i doubt he's as confident of being fourth at christmas as Abrak is. Still nothing wrong with being confident i suppose. :D

Penkoprod

Kenny's no mug and probably knows Tottenham are a better side at this stage of the season and i doubt he's as confident of being fourth at christmas as Abrak is. Still nothing wrong with being confident i suppose. :D

Actually I wasnt pointing to confidence that we would be fourth at Christmas.

I was mainly making the point that ever since the league was 38 x 3 points - every team that has scored at least 70 points has always come in the top 4. Actually whether Spurs have a better team than Liverpool is a fairly moot point. You had a better team than us last year but still dropped 17 points against bottom 6 clubs (although rather unfortunately Liverpool dropped 19.) Arsenal dropped just 2. Both Spurs and Liverpool are coming off seasons with terrible away records - 6 and 5 wins respectively.

Both Spurs and Liverpool are far better placed to improve against the bottom clubs this year - Spurs because they have a strike force and Liverpool because they have far more depth in their squad. It is likely that the team that is most consistent is going to get 70 points.