Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I thought there were plenty of positives to take from that match, one being all our new signings that played showed reasons why they were bought.

It's a young team with time to grow and for only a couple of lapses in concentration and our chances taken late on there we.might have got something.

No disgrace second game in against a team that has an unbeleivably strong squad, with a nucleus that has been together for a few seasons now. From a football fan perspective they are great to watch play.

So have you put up the white flag and surrendered the league already? for me it is a two horse race between city and Chelsea they both have very strong squads and not much to choose between the two.

I don't know about that nev, you can bet they'll drop points away from home and we only have to play them twice. If we can keep our squad fit we might keep it interesting.

I thought there were plenty of positives to take from that match, one being all our new signings that played showed reasons why they were bought.

It's a young team with time to grow and for only a couple of lapses in concentration and our chances taken late on there we.might have got something.

No disgrace second game in against a team that has an unbeleivably strong squad, with a nucleus that has been together for a few seasons now. From a football fan perspective they are great to watch play.

So have you put up the white flag and surrendered the league already? for me it is a two horse race between city and Chelsea they both have very strong squads and not much to choose between the two.

It not a question of "white flags" its just a simple case of two clubs having extremely experienced powerful squads that are obviously superior squads, although as said Mourinho has lined himself up for a big fall if Costa suffers a nasty and if it happens i just can't wait to hear what excuse the arrogant <deleted> comes out with

He'll get to park the bus more often which he would prefer to do anyway.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The pundits on the TV show I watched seemed to have a few concerns about the Liverpool defense but no one seems to have mentioned the defence on here ! very strange whistling.gif

who were the pundits? not that i actually care that much.

Jamie Carragher in Skysports news says:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29327/9440596/jamie-carragher-liverpool-duo-dejan-lovren-and-alberto-moreno-must-work-on-positional-play

Jamie Carragher is concerned that Liverpools new-look back four have failed to function effectively in the opening games of the season.

Brendan Rodgers spent £20million on Southampton centre-half Dejan Lovren and also signed Alberto Moreno from Sevilla this summer, but the duo struggled in the 3-1 defeat at Manchester City on Monday night.

Carragher believes Lovren needs to justify his transfer fee and step up in high-profile matches, but said his positional play let him down several times at the Etihad Stadium, just as it did in the home win over Southampton last week.

"You dont want to go to your rivals early on and get a good beating, which it was tonight. It was 3-1, but it could have been 4-1 or 5-1."

lovren was most people's man of the match against southampton. early days and he's still settling in. moreno's debut. we'll improve.

and honestly, out of the 38 fixtures over a season, city away and chelsea away are the two where we really don't expect to pick up any points.

• Like 2

The pundits on the TV show I watched seemed to have a few concerns about the Liverpool defense but no one seems to have mentioned the defence on here ! very strange whistling.gif

Your own Jamie and Gary Neville, quite interesting watching their post match analysis.

Your own Jamie and Gary Neville, quite interesting watching their post match analysis.

Well they need to talk about something don't they. so we let 3 in at City second game of the season. Not nice but a concern? Let's see at the end of October. You can bet City will put a lot teams to the sword at the Etihad this season, and it won't be just 3 goals.

Well they need to talk about something don't they. so we let 3 in at City second game of the season. Not nice but a concern? Let's see at the end of October. You can bet City will put a lot teams to the sword at the Etihad this season, and it won't be just 3 goals.

Why whats happening at the end of October Bob ?

it's about 10 games in to the season, and if there is a pattern of weakness in the side we'll probably know by then.

• Like 2

yeah don't see many teams taking much from city away this season. they look very strong. whatever way you set up they've got the options to break you down.

• Like 1

it's about 10 games in to the season, and if there is a pattern of weakness in the side we'll probably know by then.

Well i'm expecting us to be pressing very hard next sunday and looking to break fast so we'll see how they do. Must say, i'm seeing an opportunity here to catch you early before your defense settles in.

All that said, i'm still concerned about our back four. Lloris is going to have to be very quick off his line i think. Fortunately he is!!

By then, they might have learnt how to speak to each other facepalm.gif

Re: white flag, I thoroughly agree. Yes City with all their cash are always going to be extremely strong, but Liverpool must play as a team right from the off. To help this happen, you need to start with your best players, esp. against the best teams. I would have liked Rodgers to have been more confident and gone with Markovic. Confidence breeds more confidence....but don't be complacent.

Re:Bang: just answer me this, don't you think Rodgers should have seen enough of Markovic to have played him from the start. Fergie did not hold back the likes of Giggs, if a player is good enough, age or inexperience doesn't matter. Rodgers needs more fire for me.

I hope Johnson is fit for this weekend's match.

IMO he was their best defender .

I'm just pleased that your best defender is off to Hull .facepalm.gif

Arguably our best defender, nothing to do with him scoring 2 that's a plusrolleyes.gif has been a young lad we paid circa 10% of what you paid for lovren and moreno.

and if that's any indicator of the 'eye our new coach has for defenders, bring on the 6' 5' Argentine and current Seville capt Fazio

Re:Bang: just answer me this, don't you think Rodgers should have seen enough of Markovic to have played him from the start. Fergie did not hold back the likes of Giggs, if a player is good enough, age or inexperience doesn't matter. Rodgers needs more fire for me.

But you out passed /played them for 30 ish mins, and just lacked ? in the last 10 yards, Personally i doubt a pacy winger with a 1-5 goals to game in Portugal, would have won u the game early doors, late on the counter yes maybe, but early nah rogers was right bed the boy in slowly, its a long old season.

I hope Johnson is fit for this weekend's match.

Arguably our best defender, nothing to do with him scoring 2 that's a plusrolleyes.gif has been a young lad we paid circa 10% of what you paid for lovren and moreno.

and if that's any indicator of the 'eye our new coach has for defenders, bring on the 6' 5' Argentine and current Seville capt Fazio

I was taking the pish & talking about Dawson you nugget.

But you out passed /played them for 30 ish mins, and just lacked ? in the last 10 yards, Personally i doubt a pacy winger with a 1-5 goals to game in Portugal, would have won u the game early doors, late on the counter yes maybe, but early nah rogers was right bed the boy in slowly, its a long old season.

He's a Manc ,jeez you really are an idjit.

He's a Manc ,jeez you really are an idjit.

who gives a f--c, he was still talking shit

I was taking the pish

and there was me thinking you knew what you were talking aboutbiggrin.png

Still waiting for a Scousers opinion on Johnson please...?

He's sh1t has been for nearly 2 years .

Whoever said he was our best defender last night was either taking the pish or a retard.

cheesy.gif just like your name suggests you really are a &lt;deleted&gt; cheesy.gif

Skitel and lovren, looked exactly what they are, 2 players that have hardly played 2 gether, both had poor games allowing city pulled them all over the place, Even forgetting the comedic Sunday am footie hoof for was it the second? , moreno hardly had a debut that he'll want to remember ,making Johnson liverpools best defender or shall i rephrase that the only defender that didn't on the night look totally shit.

Whoever said he was our best defender last night was either taking the pish or a retard.

cheesy.gif just like your name suggests you really are a <deleted> cheesy.gif

Skitel and lovren, looked exactly what they are, 2 players that have hardly played 2 gether, both had poor games allowing city pulled them all over the place, Even forgetting the comedic Sunday am footie hoof for was it the second? , moreno hardly had a debut that he'll want to remember ,making Johnson liverpools best defender or shall i rephrase that the only defender that didn't on the night look totally shit.

So you weren't taking the pish ,that means you are indeed a retard.

cheesy.gif just like your name suggests you really are a <deleted> cheesy.gif

So you weren't taking the pish ,that means you are indeed a retard.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

did mum actually let you stay up and watch the game?