Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

For all my LFC friends who have LFCGO the U`18`s mini derby is now on live

Bad news at half-time the bitters u`18`s are leading 2-0 . They have taken advantage of a very strong wind at their backs . To be honest tho` they are the better team .

Normally I enjoy watching the youngsters but today they were awful . Serious questions have got to be asked as to whether Neill Critchley is the right man to coach the young lads . Not sure but I think this is the 5th game they have had 4 or more goals against . Everton were very good well worth the win . Better news the u`16`s beat Everton u`16`s 3-0 . Forgot to add the score Everton 5 LFC 0 .

Was a second string side as we have Benfica on Tuesday. No denying that the defence struggles to play the 1st team style (not Critchley's fault as he is under orders from above). At under 18 level, the clear it/hoof it up the field approach is generally the better bet. Not that worried anyway as it will be a long time, if ever, that any of the defenders are ready for promotion to the senior team.

Edited by wilai

Bad news at half-time the bitters u`18`s are leading 2-0 . They have taken advantage of a very strong wind at their backs . To be honest tho` they are the better team .

Normally I enjoy watching the youngsters but today they were awful . Serious questions have got to be asked as to whether Neill Critchley is the right man to coach the young lads . Not sure but I think this is the 5th game they have had 4 or more goals against . Everton were very good well worth the win . Better news the u`16`s beat Everton u`16`s 3-0 . Forgot to add the score Everton 5 LFC 0 .

Don't seem like many of them will be churned out laugh.png

OK Alfie , good result for the Swans as well eh cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Was a second string side as we have Benfica on Tuesday. No denying that the defence struggles to play the 1st team style (not Critchley's fault as he is under orders from above). At under 18 level, the clear it/hoof it up the field approach is generally the better bet. Not that worried anyway as it will be a long time, if ever, that any of the defenders are ready for promotion to the senior team.

Willai , you are right the youngsters have a big game next week vs. Benfica . But I hate us losing to Bitters or Mancs . Did you watch the game last night Bitters have a very handy big lad up front ; Calum Dyson one for the future for sure .

Maybe to get results but not for progression to the first team !

^ Walsh was the one for me!

Yeh terrific midfield general . It would be interesting to know how many of their team last night were local lads . Considering that Everton are only existing because of tv hand outs & selling off their best players , how do they manage to sign these young lads . I know it is a very touchy subject but if the two teams were to merge Liverton Utd could rule the world .w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

I like that XI. Sturridge isn't match sharp yet and it's two dead attacking wingbacks. Good front three and it's a team that says we've come here to get the three points. Sturridge and Balotelli on the bench. Go get 'em boys.

Who are the wingbacks? Markovic & Ibe? not sure of the set up ere & I've got badges laugh.png

Yeah defo Markovic and Ibe. Presumably Ibe on the right again. Front three of Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, who is in for dog's abuse today from Saints fans. Coutinho has looked in need of a rest lately so hope he's OK. Lovren needs to show up here, very annoying that Sakho is out with a knock.

he was appalling. and i don't know how we ended that not conceding. five away clean sheets on the bounce now though. huge three points.

Rodgers said Kev was fantastic today. When questioned if the clean sheet was the icing on the cake he said no it wasn't, but in the same sentence mentioned that it was first time since 1985 we got 5 on the bounce away clap2.gif

I thought he was tactically bang on today, we have the ability to gel and hold teams now and he trusted we could do that with that starting 11 and then stretched them with the Sturridge sub when they had to really press.

Big week coming up!

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

he's getting the subs right all the time since christmas. markovic needed hooking, moreno came on and played really well. rode our luck a little bit there today but still another performance of confidence and attitude and got the job done. we're looking a lot like we've got the momentum.

oh and jordon ibe is staggeringly good for that age. not that i want it but he's not getting enough hype. he's incredible. technique, decision-making, pace, power, strength, confidence - the lot. no limit to how good this kid can be.

• Like 2