Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

5 hours ago, StevieH said:

talk of can, coutinho and origi being doubts for spurs away tomorrow. which would be a bit rubbish. we miss can big time when he's not there.

The way Klopp was talking it sounds like they will be out, he won't play them unless 110% fit.

maybe this will be the line up.

Migs

clyne .                  Matip.          Lovren.        Milner

.                                       Hendo

georgino .                                                         Lallana 

mane .                                                               Firmino

.                                      Sturridge 

5 hours ago, rijit said:

you reckon hendersons 'reading' and short passing game is up to that 'holding' role?

I'm not picking the team fella, just what I think Klopp might go with. I'd have bought a quality DM in July. 

To answer your question, his short passing is weak and i don't think he fits the system. 

• Like 1

Lucas made a 45 min comeback for the reserves at The Emirates last night.

Woodburn (2 crackers) and Gomes with the goals in a 3-1 win. Ejaria made his comeback and did well against his old club. Subbed near the end after clattering a couple of them (#settlingoldscores?:whistling:). Game will be shown again on LFCTV at 2pm today

Other news...apparently made an 11m bid for (winger) Christian Pulisic from BVB. Only 17 but already a full international for USA. Always been a Klopp favourite so reports could be legit.

Edited by wilai
news
  • Like 1

I would of took a draw before the game being away from home against a good side, but can't help feeling we dropped 2 points today.

Awful decisions all day by the Ref...

Lots of positives going forward very fluid and look very dangerous on the break, also thought Matip made a difference at the back and looks a proper Defender. 

• Like 1

Mignolet had an excellent game....we were abysmal for an hour and you failed to finish us off.

I'm happy with a loint out of that I have to say...going forward you look very dangerous but petering out towards the end...seen that in other games too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Ref had a mare, and was blatantly favouring the home side.  2nd goal should have stood. 

thought the officials were terrible to be honest. mane's goal was ok, lallana was level, that was 2-0 and probably game over. that one certainly wasn't as offside as spurs' equaliser was. frustrating.

plus points though, thought matip looked really good and milner was smart as you like. henderson got better as the game went on and firmino continues to be interesting. we should have won that.

• Like 2

good autocorrect that bob.

sakho has dug his heels in and refused a loan then - silly boy. can't see how that improves his prospects or his career. wisdom on loan to salzburg is an interesting one, markovic will end up being sold for a loss. 

and we're finally rid of that clown balotelli. what a waste of a career and such huge opportunity that man is. 

good autocorrect that bob.

sakho has dug his heels in and refused a loan then - silly boy. can't see how that improves his prospects or his career. wisdom on loan to salzburg is an interesting one, markovic will end up being sold for a loss. 

and we're finally rid of that clown balotelli. what a waste of a career and such huge opportunity that man is. 

35 minutes ago, StevieH said:

we've sold and loaned out loads of lads this summer. and now our first-choice left-back is milner and our fourth-choice centre back is lucas leiva. i feel a little concerned.

I'd offer you some of City's stevie but I think we've loaned out so many, even our tea lady has gone out on loan for experience

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StevieH said:

we've sold and loaned out loads of lads this summer. and now our first-choice left-back is milner and our fourth-choice centre back is lucas leiva. i feel a little concerned.

Your right to be concerned seems every other club has been shopping at Harrods while your lot continue to shop at Lidl

Klopps enthusiasm will waiver as the season goes on and you will be calling for his head before long...he has not got anywhere near the team he had at Dortmund and i thought this would of been a big window for you.

46 minutes ago, MrRed said:

Klopps enthusiasm will waiver as the season goes on and you will be calling for his head before long...he has not got anywhere near the team he had at Dortmund and i thought this would of been a big window for you.

He just signed a new deal a month ago, so unless he's as fickle as some of you lot I doubt he will get bored that easily. He didn't have anywhere near the team at Dortmund that won the league in his 1st year either. Please refer to the attached graphic to appreciate how much dogshite you are spouting. Back into your hole off you go. 

^^ here is a classic example of how misinformed fans are these days. Been playing too much football manager.  

klopp.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrRed said:

Your right to be concerned seems every other club has been shopping at Harrods while your lot continue to shop at Lidl

hahahaha. bless. the idea that shopping at harrods is something to be proud of. reckon more mancunians shop at lidl than harrods for what it's worth mate. but then you know that.

• Like 2

Also forgot to mention the Dortmund v Liverpool comparison isn't really a fair one either. Aside from Dortmund under Klopp there's only been one team consistently at the top - Bayern. Money back then wasn't as silly as it is now, but even back then German teams didn't really spend as big compared to premier league sides.

Compare that with England where you have 6 sides realistically vying for 4 places, and then even gutter clubs like Palace now able to splash £30mil on players because of the TV money. What I'm saying is the dynamics are different so one can't really compare year 1 at Dortmund with Liverpool. Apples and oranges if you're MrRed and need to visualise something to understand it.

That said I think he's on the right track. No team has scored more goals in England since xmas than Liverpool. We will score plenty this season not worried about that. It's the defence which worries me but Matip already looks like a good buy. He just needs time to gel with Lovren.

Would like to see Grujic get some games. He bossed the midfield in almost every pre season game he played and physically would be a presence in midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So your all happy with the business you did in this transfer window and the season is going to be a good one with loads of goals and Klipperty will live happily ever after...

One season and the knives will be out mark my words.

Marko Grujic – Red Star Belgrade – From Loan
Joel Matip – Schalke – Free
Loris Karius – Mainz – £4.7m
Sadio Mane – Southampton – £30m
Ragnar Klavan – Augbsurg – £4.2m
Alex Manninger – Free Contract
Georginio Wijnaldum – Newcastle – £23m

Sorry lads but these signings are not inspiring really are there...i mean not Liverpool class.

Just my opinion as an outsider looking in.

^ puzzling as to why we couldn't sign a left back and a decent DM and now we might be short at CH. 

Grujic, Matip, Karius, Mane, Wijnaldum all look like good signings for what Klopp needs.

If we don't compete for a CL spot it will be disappointing, but if the knives are out they'll most likely be out for FSG. 

• Like 1

I was also surprised at why we didn't get a new LB in. Seems like we spent all summer chasing Chilwell and had no plan B. Personally I would have kept Flano. Moreno is young so lets see if he can change. I remember during the international break last year Origi didn't travel and Klopp spent some time working with him 1 on 1 at Melwood. After that there was a visible difference in his game and was scoring for fun towards the end of the season. 

There will always be sections of the fans calling for the managers head after a bad year, and you can't do anything about those. I think we've bought well, just need to let them gel. Don't forget we've had key people like Can injured so far so I'm sure once we have our full strength side fit we'll be able to push for 4th. We saw im glimpses last year what they could do and we are stronger now so I'm optimistic. 

Also the likes of Subotic, Hummells, Aubamayeng and Rues were not household names when Klopp signed them. Patience is the key.

• Like 1