Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

34 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Gritty 3 points there.

Were I a true Liverpool fan Sturridge would drive crazy. So much talent, so little brain. No wonder Klopp has so little patience with him.

To be fair he found some good space but nobody found him with the passes.

A win is a win but that defence is fragile. Swansea should have had a point and were unfortunate to have a defender presented with a sitter.

No shots on goal in the first half does help if you want to be serious title contenders. Possession counts for little as Liverpool discovered at Burnley.

Much better second half and should have killed the game off earlier; not enough scoring chances from a team that can play with so much flair under Klopp.

Former Liverpool defender Rigobert Song fighting for life after stroke

1689.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Former Liverpool, West Ham United and Cameroon defender Rigobert Song is reportedly fighting for his life after being rushed to hospital in Yaounde.

The 40-year-old is the uncle of former Arsenal, West Ham and Charlton midfielder Alex.

The head coach of Chad’s senior national team is in a critical condition after suffering from cerebral aneurysm.

The football world was quick to unite in support of the popular ex-player, who won more than 100 caps for Cameroon.

Fellow Cameroonian Samuel Eto’o posted a picture of Song with the caption “I wish you a lot of courage and a speedy recovery big brother!”

Jamie Carragher, Stan Collymore and Robbie Fowler also posted messages of sympathy in the wake of the news, while Liverpool tweeted a message of support from the club’s official account on Monday morning.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/03/rigobert-song-liverpool-fighting-for-life?

Edited by Chicog

Liverpool Football Quiz

1--Liverpool has had three Scottish post-war managers, can you name them?

2--The Kop is a shortened form for what two word term?

3--Which team did Liverpool sign Alan Hansen from?

4--Liverpool paid a then record fee for a defender of £2.5 million in July 1993 - who was he?

5--Name the three previous clubs that Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has managed?

6--Which seventies and eighties player was affectionately known as 'supersub'?

7--Who did Gerrard replace as captain for Liverpool?

8--Which seventies Liverpool player had the nickname Crazy Horse?

9--What number shirt did Jamie Carragher make his own for Liverpool?

10--Which former Liverpool player was Blackpool manager from 2000 to 2004, and played for Manchester City in the Premiership in the early nineties?

23 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Liverpool Football Quiz

1--Liverpool has had three Scottish post-war managers, can you name them?

2--The Kop is a shortened form for what two word term?

3--Which team did Liverpool sign Alan Hansen from?

4--Liverpool paid a then record fee for a defender of £2.5 million in July 1993 - who was he?

5--Name the three previous clubs that Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has managed?

6--Which seventies and eighties player was affectionately known as 'supersub'?

7--Who did Gerrard replace as captain for Liverpool?

8--Which seventies Liverpool player had the nickname Crazy Horse?

9--What number shirt did Jamie Carragher make his own for Liverpool?

10--Which former Liverpool player was Blackpool manager from 2000 to 2004, and played for Manchester City in the Premiership in the early nineties?

Q1. BI'll shanked Kenny Dalglish and souness.

Q2. Koppite? 

Q3. Hanson hmm a wild guess. Hearts.

Q4. Mark wright or Phil babb?

Q5. Swansea, Watford and reading?

Q6. Was it david lyndsey red haired last minute goal exttoadinairre? 

Q7. Sammy hyppia

Q8. Emlyn Hughes

Q9. Number 4?

Q10. No idea.

I doubt 50% are correct they were just guesses based on a book I was brought for christmas in 1992/3. Liverpool fc 1892 -1992 100 year commemorative book that I would read a little too often when I was a youngster. I swapped that book stupidly at 15 for a bottle of Ralph Lauren pool aftershave. I am still negotiating it's return 20 years later!

I was a pro set football card geek and yes I cried uncontrollable when England went out of 1990 WC and when Liverpool were 0-3 down to AC Milan I was calm as a cucumber and told my youngest brother it was far from over. If I knew what skybet was back then it would have been very rewarding. YNWA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

If you had not put in that video I would have had a crack at that quiz. An honest one but I could not scroll up and quote on my android.

my sincere apologies, but with the out of nowhere spam quiz night on every thread on an internet forum, I could not resist with my response :wai:

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

my sincere apologies, but with the out of nowhere spam quiz night on every thread on an internet forum, I could not resist with my response :wai:

No worries I liked that quiz to be fair I would never have got the last one Steve mcmahon was answer. Was nice to home in on sone old memories right or wrong. I thibk I did ok I'm sure that chap super sun was lyndsey, crazy horse was definitely Hughes shanks I'm sure was Scottish cos he was the chap that coined the phrase bread and butter for the title if I'm not mistaken. Heard that interview from years back. Mark wright I'm sure it's him or Phil babb that were record signings  both from Derby I think.

2 is spion kop.

6 David Fairclough.

Seems we should not turn up on Monday night, everyone is tipping you lot to trounce us, well we have won the last 4 league games against you so don't get to confident.

11 hours ago, nev said:

2 is spion kop.

6 David Fairclough.

Seems we should not turn up on Monday night, everyone is tipping you lot to trounce us, well we have won the last 4 league games against you so don't get to confident.

I noticed a few ex-players and pundits giving us the nod. Based on currently league form and home game we'd be favourites, but that all goes out the window in this match doesn't it?

I'm certainly not convinced we'll trounce United, i'd be happy if we don't lose. Still not sure who is fit and not fit for the match. 

On 16/10/2016 at 8:30 AM, nev said:

2 is spion kop.

6 David Fairclough.

not one red i know is being that boisterous about it. form book goes out of the window when it's liverpool vs man united and it's pointless trying to predict it. anything can happen.

i do though reckon that snide prick mourinho will have a dirty trick or two up his sleeve. expect one of united's to try and cripple one of ours in the first 5 mins or so and get away with a yellow at most.

it was. we were disappointing and definitely missed gini and lallana. can didn't look fit, sturridge is beginning to look surplus to requirements. we're a much better side than that and guess we'll have to take the 0-0 and move on.

them though. totally mourinho, 200 million quid spent and they set up like a more defensive tony pulis side. 35% possession and prepared to dog a 0-0 out of it whatever they did, relying on de gea to save them as so often lately. part of me admires it in a way but if i were a united fan i'd expect a little bit more from a side put together at that expense. oh and pogba the world's most expensive player is laughable.

yeah we should have won that by more, played some really good stuff again. and still conceded a daft one again. we are looking much more solid in general though and have goal threats all over the place.

first goal, mane's, was a thing of beauty.

• Like 2