Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Lallana's back and coutinho goes off injured after 5 minutes ?

Just looked like a dead leg, should have run it off. 

They can be a bit naughty though Bob. I remember Mark Dennis lost 4 pints of blood and almost died from one (caused by Mark Hughes (iirc). There were pics at the time but I can't find one (perhaps a good thing as it was gruesome when they had to cut him open to remove the clot) I got one once in a collision with a keeper (scored tho'!:whistling:) and had a bruise from my hip to my knee. Two days in Mile End hospital whilst they monitored the internal bleeding.

8 minutes ago, StevieH said:

oh absolutely carmine. results way more important than performances at this stage. really are dragging our <deleted> up this home straight though.

How about a Arsenal/Utd draw and a week later we manage to find a way through Mourinho's ten man defense!!  That should put you in good stead.

Edited by carmine

29 minutes ago, carmine said:

How about a Arsenal/Utd draw and a week later we manage to find a way through Mourinho's ten man defense!!  That should put you in good stead.

yeah that would do nicely. 

5 hours ago, wilai said:

They can be a bit naughty though Bob. I remember Mark Dennis lost 4 pints of blood and almost died from one (caused by Mark Hughes (iirc). There were pics at the time but I can't find one (perhaps a good thing as it was gruesome when they had to cut him open to remove the clot) I got one once in a collision with a keeper (scored tho'!:whistling:) and had a bruise from my hip to my knee. Two days in Mile End hospital whilst they monitored the internal bleeding.

Christ that's some dead leg! Good to here you still finished :thumbsup:

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Like to see Sturridge start next week, If he can stay fit for a week, Looked great when he came on, Origi seems more of a hinderance again. 

i would too but klopp seems to only trust sturridge off the bench now, and late on, when opponents are tired. he's such a talented player, it's such a shame he's as physically buggered as he is.

22 minutes ago, StevieH said:

i would too but klopp seems to only trust sturridge off the bench now, and late on, when opponents are tired. he's such a talented player, it's such a shame he's as physically buggered as he is.

I know it's unlikely we will regret him leaving, but it does feel like such a shame, he is a super talented player.

• Like 1

^^  I really cant see origi as a better option than sturridge. yeah he's got a bit of pace and can hold the line but really being kind  is min' requirements,  I could be totally wrong  but from what i've seen of him at V V best he looks  a dozen a season striker. Wheras sturridge ,, the boy just ozes class,,, and given decent game time  a 12 goal season would be a v v disapointing one.

Edited by 3 minus 2

29 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

^^  I really cant see origi as a better option than sturridge. yeah he's got a bit of pace and can hold the line but really being kind  is min' requirements,  I could be totally wrong  but from what i've seen of him at V V best he looks  a dozen a season striker. Wheras sturridge ,, the boy just ozes class,,, and given decent game time  a 12 goal season would be a v v disapointing one.

he can't run. sturridge is finished, physically. klopp would love to give him more game time, he just isn't up to it.

24 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Origi stormed it home last season but has failed to impress this season. The only reason he is starting matches is because of injuries. Firmino through the middle is Klopp's preferred option and it works. Origi will be squad next season, he's still only 22. 

Sturridge cannot stay fit, he get's injured getting injured, he will be gone in the summer. 

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Origi stormed it home last season but has failed to impress this season. The only reason he is starting matches is because of injuries. Firmino through the middle is Klopp's preferred option and it works. Origi will be squad next season, he's still only 22. 

Sturridge cannot stay fit, he get's injured getting injured, he will be gone in the summer. 

But even when he's fit kloppy aint been picking him, seems he's more on the bench than  starting. I was  seriousely looking at sturridge and thinking absolutely world class,, then kloppy turned up. And from day one i knew he wouldnt fit. Sort of look at that and think,, should the manager be able to get the best out of him and or  adapt the system to fit such a HUGE talent.. if you were tearing up the league then question answered but your ?? points of the top would sturridges goals make that diference up?

was it venables that said when players know they 'are in the team' and playing its surprising how much quicker they return from injury and  how much longer they stay fit.

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

he can't run. sturridge is finished, physically. klopp would love to give him more game time, he just isn't up to it.

Dont think the his game is 'continual pressing' but not up to it,, that cant be right he 100% wouldnt be near the team if that were the case.

TBh Cant see him staying at liverpool post season, but really dont see him at somewhere like stoke or the spammers

I'De hazard a quess he'll head to warmer climates,, spain maybe.

Interesting debate on TalkSPort today about what Liverpool could do with up front and who is available. Tony Cascarino suggested the type of player you need is Defoe and you should go after him this summer with Sunderland going down. Obviously not for the long term but is someone who you could with now and would be cheap(ish).

Don't know what you guys think.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Interesting debate on TalkSPort today about what Liverpool could do with up front and who is available. Tony Cascarino suggested the type of player you need is Defoe and you should go after him this summer with Sunderland going down. Obviously not for the long term but is someone who you could with now and would be cheap(ish).

Looks so lightweight for goals upfront I'd take Cascarino too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

:partytime2:

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

He's mental, not a chance. 

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

But even when he's fit kloppy aint been picking him, seems he's more on the bench than  starting. I was  seriousely looking at sturridge and thinking absolutely world class,, then kloppy turned up. And from day one i knew he wouldnt fit. Sort of look at that and think,, should the manager be able to get the best out of him and or  adapt the system to fit such a HUGE talent.. if you were tearing up the league then question answered but your ?? points of the top would sturridges goals make that diference up?

was it venables that said when players know they 'are in the team' and playing its surprising how much quicker they return from injury and  how much longer they stay fit.

When we were tearing up the league early doors, he couldn't get in the side. 

When we needed him, he was injured. He's been injured for a total of 3 months. 

Agreed though, Klopp prefers a more fluid attack, which Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Lallana were the most effective at and when on song with the group of players we were flying. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

He's mental, not a chance. 

At least TC can form an opinion on the matter. I and some others I've seen ask such a question and no one's got a scooby. Defoe free transfer impact player England International proven goalscorer. He might not have the Zlatan effect but you'd be mad to bet against him banging in 10 PL goals off the bench. Not a chance  the think tank says yet not a solution to offer. Ohh.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

^So who would you go for Rc2702, defoe or who else?

You know I would take a stab at inheacho as it looks like he could move. Long term. bags of potential and already proven in some respects. Would geographically be a no brainer too and if City want to be on the right side of FFP and do not qualify for CL then it could happen. Always a plan B though BB and I am surprised no one mentions this lad but this lad Bas Dost is looking decent and proven in Dutch,  German and Portuguese leagues to daTE and looks like he's improving his strike rate wherever he goes. Maybe a catch though who knows.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny cos when defoe left us, it waspartly seen cos he 'couldnt' play the modern 'solo' striker, it was partly down to big sam sitting  him down and explaining  all to him !!! and we've seen the result, cant see why the same scenario wouldnt work with sturridge, still think the VERY VERY  TOP managers mix and match and get the best out of what theyve got rather than let a system or style sort of dictate, ancelloti springs v much to mind.

30 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

You know I would take a stab at inheacho as it looks like he could move. Long term. bags of potential and already proven in some respects. Would geographically be a no brainer too and if City want to be on the right side of FFP and do not qualify for CL then it could happen. Always a plan B though BB and I am surprised no one mentions this lad but this lad Bas Dost is looking decent and proven in Dutch,  German and Portuguese leagues to daTE and looks like he's improving his strike rate wherever he goes. Maybe a catch though who knows.

Bas dost? ... tbh never heard of him, but looking him up , he aint got a bad record in the b ish  leagues @ 27, 2 things spring to mind is it 2 late for him to step up not only a lge but to the a div within that league,, u know what the prems like there aint many that will give him time to adapt and the other being investment, clubs maybe hesitant of popping a large chunk of change ie buyout clause of 60 mil euros  into him at 27.. but who knows,

AT 6 ft 5 he's certainly got the physic ans at 1 in 2 goals to games not to shabby a record.

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Bas dost? ... tbh never heard of him, but looking him up , he aint got a bad record in the b ish  leagues @ 27, 2 things spring to mind is it 2 late for him to step up not only a lge but to the a div within that league,, u know what the prems like there aint many that will give him time to adapt and the other being investment, clubs maybe hesitant of popping a large chunk of change ie buyout clause of 60 mil euros  into him at 27.. but who knows,

AT 6 ft 5 he's certainly got the physic ans at 1 in 2 goals to games not to shabby a record.

I think his record across 3 leagues is worth a punt and yes he is imposing too. Been pondering it a bit but seems lads who have accomplished things in Germany are faring well in the PL and yes the buy out is too high but 25m is maybe realistic. All that said i'd go for option A inheacho.

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

think tony cascarino is a bloody idiot who clearly has absolutely no understanding of how liverpool play and how klopp thinks.

not exclusively about this by the way, cascarino has always been a rubbish gobsh*te.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I think his record across 3 leagues is worth a punt and yes he is imposing too. Been pondering it a bit but seems lads who have accomplished things in Germany are faring well in the PL and yes the buy out is too high but 25m is maybe realistic. All that said i'd go for option A inheacho.

dost is interesting but you have to think that if a really top club were going to take a punt on him they'd have done it before now. lad clearly knows where the goal is like.

klopp has previously signed robert lewandowski for absolute buttons and turned him into one of the best strikers on the planet. he also signed aubameyang from st etienne for not very much either and he's turned out alright too.