Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its going to be a great second leg now.

could be a humdinger couldn't it? city have to come out and attack and try for an early goal, liverpool will be happy to counter attack.

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

could be a humdinger couldn't it? city have to come out and attack and try for an early goal, liverpool will be happy to counter attack.

Yes I expect more of the same from Liverpool trying to kill it stone dead with an away goal or two.

Massive advantage at this stage....I love it.

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its going to be a great second leg now.

Honestly, I hope City can take three points against United Sunday. Otherwise it could be three losses in a row. I think Klopp has the squad and tactics to make City miserable.

Hope I'm wrong !:coffee1:

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

and for all that possession didn't have a single shot on target.

Twice you've said we didn't have a shot on target and yet you don't mention the Sane goal which should have stood cos he was on side. And yet your first goal was off side.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about you winning but it's these narrow decisions that count massively

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Twice you've said we didn't have a shot on target and yet you don't mention the Sane goal which should have stood cos he was on side. And yet your first goal was off side.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about you winning but it's these narrow decisions that count massively

Whilst Liverpool were superb and deserved that win i agree with all of that, very fair comment.

(Maybe better to have said "statistically not a shot on target)

Edited by carmine

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

fair comment boj. i felt similar when mane was sent off in the league at your place. fine margins.

to be fair to city though, at least they're not moaning about "ghost goals" like certain other sore losers we could mention.

• Like 2

Sorry folks. I was wrong. I said 2-0 and it turned out 3-0.

Now for the second leg; Liverpool to score one. So that leaves City needing 5 to go through. I think they will win but not by 5-1. A comfortable City win 2-1, 3-1 or 4-1. I'll be more accurate after the w/e's games.

And who would we like in the semi-final? Well, it all seems sorted. I'll have B. Munich.  Let the Spanish battle it out for a final place.

ps; Thanks Bob for your forecasting support. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Sorry folks. I was wrong. I said 2-0 and it turned out 3-0.

Now for the second leg; Liverpool to score one. So that leaves City needing 5 to go through. I think they will win but not by 5-1. A comfortable City win 2-1, 3-1 or 4-1. I'll be more accurate after the w/e's games.

And who would we like in the semi-final? Well, it all seems sorted. I'll have B. Munich.  Let the Spanish battle it out for a final place.

ps; Thanks Bob for your forecasting support. 

madness. have a word with yourself.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, StevieH said:

fair comment boj. i felt similar when mane was sent off in the league at your place. fine margins.

to be fair to city though, at least they're not moaning about "ghost goals" like certain other sore losers we could mention.

I wonder who you mean!!!

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not complaining, pull the other leg, ( whats the above  Scotch Mist ) ...    Final  Score First Leg   3 ...1     Liverpool convincing winners,   Fullstop

• Haha 1

Nothing like Anfield on a European night !

That went a lot better than I thought it would, fantastic pressing and energy in that first half.  

Cant get this song out of my head ... 'We Conquered All of Europe! Allez Allez Allez!'

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, carmine said:

Read yesterday you paid a total of 8m for your left and right back!  On the evidence of what i've seen that looks like a very sharp piece of business.  

And we got the 8m back for (your old boy), Kevin Stewart, a reserve who went the other way to Hull. Was indeed very good business....Now how much did Citeh spend on full backs again?:whistling:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilai said:

And we got the 8m back for (your old boy), Kevin Stewart, a reserve who went the other way to Hull. Was indeed very good business....Now how much did Citeh spend on full backs again?:whistling:

This is very relevant because i believe the improvement of Liverpool defensively is being underestimated. VVD in particular adds a lot of composure to the back four and will improve Lovren in Matip's absense.  Baring in mind the shedloads from the Coutinho sale VVD was worth the price tag and some.

A very big weekend for United,  Spurs and Liverpool coming up!

• Like 1

"Now how much did Citeh spend on full backs again?"

We spent what we could afford
;-)

Our right back I expect to see in the team of the year and he's been a big success.

Our left back has been injured early doors from which we've found a new use for Delph and Zinchenko and I no longer expect us to buy a 2nd left back (remember we got rid Clichy and Kolorov). Silver lining ;-)

Edited by Bredbury Blue

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

They also paid a total of 0m for their left back/wide midfielder/central midfielder/left winger/very decent cricketer!  On the evidence of what i've seen that looks like a very sharp piece of business. Can we have him back?

We also have your keeper who is starting to look decent ?

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

This is very relevant because i believe the improvement of Liverpool defensively is being underestimated. VVD in particular adds a lot of composure to the back four and will improve Lovren in Matip's absense.  Baring in mind the shedloads from the Coutinho sale VVD was worth the price tag and some.

A very big weekend for United,  Spurs and Liverpool coming up!

VvD has been a revelation, the impact on the back 4, keeper is immense. Holding city like that is evidence as such. 

Again showing how Klopp’s vision for what he needs and wants is bang on. 

Also precisely the reason why out of nowhere Karius become number one and Migs was outed. Klopp’s plan for Karius was to put him behind VvD not the rudderless Lovren/Matip bedlam, he sacrificed Migs until he could do that. 

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

VvD has been a revelation, the impact on the back 4, keeper is immense. Holding city like that is evidence as such. 

Also precisely the reason why out of nowhere Karius become number one and Migs was outed. Klopp’s plan for Karius was to put him behind VvD not the rudderless Lovren/Matip bedlam, he sacrificed Migs until he could do that. 

Credit to the midfield is due as well. TAA and Robertson weren't left to cope on their own. Even the front 3 were getting back to help on occasion.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

They had just received a kings ransom for Coutinho don't forget!  

I'm fine with that. I just don't see a need to reference City and how much we have spent on full backs, when they have spent so much on one player.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm fine with that. I just don't see a need to reference City and how much we have spent on full backs, when they have spent so much on one player.

Why not, who else gets to spend 250 million on their backline. 

43 minutes ago, champers said:

Credit to the midfield is due as well. TAA and Robertson weren't left to cope on their own. Even the front 3 were getting back to help on occasion.

Milner and Hendo were fantastic, amazing the Milner has equal record for assists a CL season. We are going to miss Hendo next week big time

City, United, Liverpool,  Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all have the money (See Revenue table) to buy players. Some do, some don't.  If a player is playing well then it's generally money well spent. Seems on the TV forum to most of you that only City spend.

54 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Makes rather a mockery of your owners reluctance to spend the money a few months earlier.

Klopp is building a really good team to watch and totally unfazed by the Coutinho exit.

39 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Makes rather a mockery of your owners reluctance to spend the money a few months earlier.

Klopp is building a really good team to watch and totally unfazed by the Coutinho exit.

I’m not sure it was a reluctance, just a Saints throwing a paddy and it might now cost them a their EPL place. 

There was an unnecessary over reliance on Coutinho, we look better without him, amazingly. Probsbly wouldn’t get in to this side ?

• Haha 1