Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

My dad was Wigan Rugby as are his family, no one bothered with football. ma’s side Irish, they lived in Ireland. 

Wigan were non-league at the time. 

My best mate at school was Simon Bogin, a scouse lad who supported Everton. So I decided I’d support his rival. We lived 20 miles from Liverpool and 20 miles from Manchester. They were the closest teams in division 1 at the time and you wanted to support a team you got to see on telly once a week for 10 minutes. 

Such was my obsession my parents become converted and are mad Liverpool fans themselves. They still go to matches when they go home, they never miss a match live and they are both 70 years old! 

We are wool but unquestionably blood red! 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

My daughter has lived over 5,000km from Man City for all but the first 6 months of her life and speaks with a plum in her a mouth and is a City fan. No problem. Support whomever you wish but once chosen, you cannot change.

Err I was thinking of becoming a Liverpool fan this week but I'll heed your advice. :post-4641-1156694572:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

My daughter has lived over 5,000km from Man City for all but the first 6 months of her life and speaks with a plum in her a mouth and is a City fan. No problem. Support whomever you wish but once chosen, you cannot change.

Haha ohh the indoctrination started early lol.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Haha ohh the indoctrination started early lol.

@ 2 days old I took in the store at the Etihad for baby grows. She has been conditioned since then to understand that the colour red is the source of everything that is evil 

• Haha 2

Apologies to everyone this week and especially those lovely (non)scouse scallies for my incessant posting this week. I'm on holiday.  Time on my hands. I'm shit worried knowing how the script for the rest of the season pans out - yes I know City too well - it should go 2 wins on the bounce but it won't and we'll be biting our nails down to the bone. See I just read the might Spurs haven't lost since we beat them in the Premier in December, and City management / players / fans are wondering what we've done to upset the gods, and it wouldn't be City without doing it the hard way. So please accept my apology. 

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Apologies to everyone this week and especially those lovely (non)scouse scallies for my incessant posting this week. I'm on holiday.  Time on my hands. I'm shit worried knowing how the script for the rest of the season pans out - yes I know City too well - it should go 2 wins on the bounce but it won't and we'll be biting our nails down to the bone. See I just read the might Spurs haven't lost since we beat them in the Premier in December, and City management / players / fans are wondering what we've done to upset the gods, and it wouldn't be City without doing it the hard way. So please accept my apology. 

You’re ok B.B. I can imagine it’s been a tough week. I’d still be fuming. We haven’t helped with our overzealous posting, but it’s been 10 years I’m the making so a long time between getting excited. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No need to apologise...nothing gets me reaching for the popcorn faster than a meltdown.

Pep is still enjoying his at the moment lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Aaah Jesus the accent, my daughter is a cross between Philippine teachers assisitant and southern posh teacher. 

As long it’s not that overdone American  accent the Arabs have, that’s a proper wind up. 

Edited by BangrakBob

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Aaah Jesus the accent, my daughter is a cross between Philippine teachers assisitant and southern posh teacher. 

As long it’s not that overdone American  accent the Arabs have, that’s a proper wind up. 

Few years back had my youngest picking me up for saying "waTer" and not "waDer" as his filipino english teacher "told me" says. <deleted> hell.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Fortunately, my daughter is at a British school and the only teacher there who's a johnny foreigner is an Aussie. So my daughter just has the southern posh bit 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Fortunately, my daughter is at a British school and the only teacher there who's a johnny foreigner is an Aussie. So my daughter just has the southern posh bit 

Still KG 1 here,  she’s off to British school in Dubai after the summer. 

For those Liverpool fans in or near Pattaya: Ian Rush will be attending a question and answer session at the Retox Game On bar on Friday April 20th. Kick off 7.30, admission by ticket. Take a look at the Retox website for further details.

Pattaya's Songkram celebrations will be over by then (thank Buddah).

29 minutes ago, champers said:

For those Liverpool fans in or near Pattaya: Ian Rush will be attending a question and answer session at the Retox Game On bar on Friday April 20th. Kick off 7.30, admission by ticket. Take a look at the Retox website for further details.

Pattaya's Songkram celebrations will be over by then (thank Buddah).

Can’t you ask him why he refused a photo with me down at Sydney Rocks, Italian place the spring  1999.

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Can’t you ask him why he refused a photo with me down at Sydney Rocks, Italian place the spring  1999.

I shan't be going. Q. Will Liverpool win the Champions League? A. Yes, etc, etc.

Saw highlights of Liverpool v Bayern Munich in a Masters match recently. He played, so did Aldridge who is a right porker. Star man was Kvarme; even with Gerrard and Carragher on the pitch; and for Bayern it was Ze Roberto. 5-5 was the final score. An omen?

47 minutes ago, champers said:

I shan't be going. Q. Will Liverpool win the Champions League? A. Yes, etc, etc.

Saw highlights of Liverpool v Bayern Munich in a Masters match recently. He played, so did Aldridge who is a right porker. Star man was Kvarme; even with Gerrard and Carragher on the pitch; and for Bayern it was Ze Roberto. 5-5 was the final score. An omen?

I hope so, can’t see Bayern getting past Real, but I’d be chuffed if they did.

We still have the massive hurdle of Roma, they are not going to be a walk over.

On 4/14/2018 at 7:24 PM, BangrakBob said:

I hope so, can’t see Bayern getting past Real, but I’d be chuffed if they did.

We still have the massive hurdle of Roma, they are not going to be a walk over.

Why can't you see Bayern getting past Real?  Heynckes is an exceptional manager, been there seen it and done it,  and has his team working as a unit.  They are going to be very tough to stop.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Why can't you see Bayern getting past Real?  Heynckes is an exceptional manager, been there seen it and done it,  and has his team working as a unit.  They are going to be very tough to stop.

I wasn’t that impressed with them against Sevilla, some old tired legs in that Bayern team. Aside that, the one factor that can drag Real through anything is still Ronaldo. 

I’d love to be wrong. 

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

I wasn’t that impressed with them against Sevilla, some old tired legs in that Bayern team. Aside that, the one factor that can drag Real through anything is still Ronaldo. 

I’d love to be wrong. 

Without refereeing decisions persistently going their way they are beatable as we showed, even with far less experience.  Take the point about Ronaldo though.  Only way round that one is to attempt to starve him of the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Without refereeing decisions persistently going their way they are beatable as we showed, even with far less experience.  Take the point about Ronaldo though.  Only way round that one is to attempt to starve him of the ball.

There’s actually a video on YouTube going round of all the fouls not given against Real and the ones they’ve received unjustly during this CL campaign. 

I’ll post if I find it. 

11 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

There’s actually a video on YouTube going round of all the fouls not given against Real and the ones they’ve received unjustly during this CL campaign. 

I’ll post if I find it. 

I think i mentioned last week the video posted after their semi last year against Bayern.  What a joke.  Yet no investigation, nothing.  Everyone having to swallow what looked like a blatant fix on the part of the referee.  

And then you hear of the abuse Michael Oliver and his wife are getting for what was a correct decision in the semi last week.  The world of football can be a very strange one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Given the results recently we were due a bad one and that was it.

So onwards and upwards. 

2 nil lead against a championship  side and throwing it away in the 88th minute is woeful considering how important it was to win. 

It now puts more pressure on the Stoke match and gives us less chance to rest players in between the first and second leg of CL semi. 

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

2 nil lead against a championship  side and throwing it away in the 88th minute is woeful considering how important it was to win. 

It now puts more pressure on the Stoke match and gives us less chance to rest players in between the first and second leg of CL semi. 

I realised a while back with Klavan on the pitch anything is possible.  

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

not arsed mate. annoying but no reason to panic. we should have killed it at 2-0 but we had more than one eye on tuesday. and changed 5 players. and the ref was an utter homer. we'll be fine and it's all about tuesday now. let's stay calm and remember we're dead good with a first XI.

• Like 1

If anything, yesterday proved we are still lacking in depth, hopefully the summer will change that.

These lot will do:

Allison - de Dvij -  Jorginho - Kieta - Neves - Pullisic - Sessengon 

Edited by BangrakBob

Did I hear Klopp blaming a dry pitch didnt help them.Arsene must have passed on his post match scripts already.

WBA deserve a bit of credit dont you think ? they did over Man U and yesterday despite knowing they are going to be relegated they put in 110% and kept going  until  the final whistle

Thats the beauty of football