Kitchen Appliances

whatever you buy make sure you can get local parts and service smile.png

Mr. Churchill, honourable Sir, methinks kitchen appliances are not made anywhere in Samui, KP or KTsad.png

I think what he means that they have a service / spare parts outlet on the island.blink.png

I'll just mention that I have recently purchased appliances and it was difficult to research on the Internet the quality of various models available here. I did, however, find several reviews that said to stay away from Smeg and Mex because although beautiful and enjoyable to use, they have a lot of problems and trying to get warranty service turns into a clusterXXXXXXXX

According to my findings, Electrolux and Siemens seem to be the most reliable. Just my two cents.

Oh, and if you do not want to be tortured to hell, NEVER buy Samsung!

Edited by Rooo

I'll just mention that I have recently purchased appliances and it was difficult to research on the Internet the quality of various models available here. I did, however, find several reviews that said to stay away from Smeg and Mex because although beautiful and enjoyable to use, they have a lot of problems and trying to get warranty service turns into a clusterXXXXXXXX

According to my findings, Electrolux and Siemens seem to be the most reliable. Just my two cents.

My Smeg Dishwasher 6 years old, same model still in production. Only problem I had is with power fluctuation through one phase during wash cycles eventually cooked the circuit board. As I mentioned in another topic, was over the moon with their service.

I also have Siemens & Electrolux products, Siemens gives me problems, from kettles to water heaters.But again anything electrical on the island is subject to problems or was at least due to power fluctuation.

I have 3 Samsung TV's never a problem till a circuit board got fried by a lizard getting into the back. I cleaned the lizard out , as it was a 50" TV Samsung came and picked it up for 100bt fee then called me 2 days later and said as the TV is 2 years it's out of warranty but they will still cover the board and repairs for free a Samsung policy. I would say that's excellent service and thats when there repair shop was in Nathon.

• Like 2

From my side nothing to complain about Samsung Microwaves, three of them in my family, all of them work well for 5-10 years already. Also never any of my Samsung hard drives failed so far.

Also very happy with my Samsung AC, the best one I have ever used, specially its so quiet, I love it. Its just 1 1/2 years old, lets see how long it will last.

I have to say my Samsung Smartphone broke quite quickly, after about 1 year. Probably its because plenty of water and mud came inside ;) when my house got flodded... Also my Samsung Netbook worked very well for about 4,5 years... until the flood ;)

So I have to say I am a happy Samsung user.

• Like 1

Where to start? I had a Samsung washer, general guarantee, one year, motor five years. Three years out, the motor failed. I have a lot of tools and can fix most anything -- if I have the parts. I live in the sticks. I went to the Samsung service center and brought the defective motor, my receipt etc., and asked for a new motor. They said no, it had to be done by one of their service technicians, with a big service charge for travel and time. Okay, never mind, I said, I'll but the motor. Sorry, they said we can't sell you the motor. It can only be installed by our service techs. I junked it and bought a Hitachi (which by the way, has been working fine for well over a year).

From my side nothing to complain about Samsung Microwaves, three of them in my family, all of them work well for 5-10 years already. Also never any of my Samsung hard drives failed so far.

Also very happy with my Samsung AC, the best one I have ever used, specially its so quiet, I love it. Its just 1 1/2 years old, lets see how long it will last.

I have to say my Samsung Smartphone broke quite quickly, after about 1 year. Probably its because plenty of water and mud came inside wink.png when my house got flodded... Also my Samsung Netbook worked very well for about 4,5 years... until the flood wink.png

I bought a top of the line Samsung 32 GB YP-P3 MP3 player (predecessor to Galaxy), costing over $300US. After 9 months the touch screen stopped functioning. I took it in and the fixed it. Then 16 months after I bought it, the touch screen problem recurred. I took it in thinking I could pay for service, but was informed, sorry, Samsung doesn't make that product anymore, we cannot get any parts for it. The suggested I buy a Galaxy. Another item for the junk heap.

I bought my wife a nice Samsung phone with a touch screen, warranted one year. After 13 months the touchscreen stopped functioning We took it in for repair and it cost 1,300 baht. After an additional 4 months, the problem recurred. We took it in and they wanted another 1,300 baht. Tossed it on the trash heap and bought a Nokia (which, by the way, has been working fine for over two years now).

A friend bought a big new Samsung falt screen TV, guaranteed for one year. After the fist month, on of the buttons on the remote stopped functioning (an important one). He took his receipt and the remote to the Samsung service center and was informed that remotes are not warranted and he would have to buy a new one. After much discussion with both the service center and the store where he bought the TV, he was forced to by a new remote. After one month the remote quits working and they won't cover? Jesus!

When shopping for a big refrigerator, I checked online reviews and Samsung had a ton of "Do not buys."

There's more, but I've put it out of my mind. With all the competition out there, I will NEVER buy another Samsung product.

post-171676-0-29389000-1367189617_thumb.

Edited by Rooo
removed wrong quotes from another topic.

Where to start? I had a Samsung washer, general guarantee, one year, motor five years. Three years out, the motor failed. I have a lot of tools and can fix most anything -- if I have the parts. I live in the sticks. I went to the Samsung service center and brought the defective motor, my receipt etc., and asked for a new motor. They said no, it had to be done by one of their service technicians, with a big service charge for travel and time. Okay, never mind, I said, I'll but the motor. Sorry, they said we can't sell you the motor. It can only be installed by our service techs. I junked it and bought a Hitachi (which by the way, has been working fine for well over a year).

>>

I have to say my Samsung Smartphone broke quite quickly, after about 1 year. Probably its because plenty of water and mud came inside wink.png when my house got flodded... Also my Samsung Netbook worked very well for about 4,5 years... until the flood wink.png

I bought a top of the line Samsung 32 GB YP-P3 MP3 player (predecessor to Galaxy), costing over $300US. After 9 months the touch screen stopped functioning. I took it in and the fixed it. Then 16 months after I bought it, the touch screen problem recurred. I took it in thinking I could pay for service, but was informed, sorry, Samsung doesn't make that product anymore, we cannot get any parts for it. The suggested I buy a Galaxy. Another item for the junk heap.

I bought my wife a nice Samsung phone with a touch screen, warranted one year. After 13 months the touchscreen stopped functioning We took it in for repair and it cost 1,300 baht. After an additional 4 months, the problem recurred. We took it in and they wanted another 1,300 baht. Tossed it on the trash heap and bought a Nokia (which, by the way, has been working fine for over two years now).

A friend bought a big new Samsung falt screen TV, guaranteed for one year. After the fist month, on of the buttons on the remote stopped functioning (an important one). He took his receipt and the remote to the Samsung service center and was informed that remotes are not warranted and he would have to buy a new one. After much discussion with both the service center and the store where he bought the TV, he was forced to by a new remote. After one month the remote quits working and they won't cover? Jesus!

When shopping for a big refrigerator, I checked online reviews and Samsung had a ton of "Do not buys."

There's more, but I've put it out of my mind. With all the competition out there, I will NEVER buy another Samsung product.

attachicon.gifSnakeoil.jpg

As for a remote control to stop working don't you think it might get dropped what company in it's right mind would give warrenty on a remote.

Good decision for you not to buy Samsung products, I for one will keep buying there reliable goods they must being doing something right made record sales again last year.