Toddler Among Six Dead In Thai South Shooting: Official

webfact

Perhaps trying not to get shot by nut bag terrorists over a mere pittance of pay.
I think that is called cowardice.

Either that or intelligence based on what they were armed with and what they were up against. I dunno. I hate to pass judgment on check point guys' mentality without full knowledge of the circumstances.

A well-planned sneak attack by people who have done commando training (according to the book "The Terrorist Threat in Southern Thailand", they go to Indonesia) would probably catch the normal cops who man checkpoints off guard and ill-prepared...OTOH when they had advance notice for the assault in Narathiwat in February, they were able to repel the attackers, but it seems like these ones got through.

People who say the miltary/Thai gov't is behind these attacks: that makes no sense as there is no motive for them to do this.

There is deiniftely no logic or reasonable motive for Thai millitary to wear their own uniforms when committing mass murder in public.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F430murci

There is deiniftely no logic or reasonable motive for Thai millitary to wear their own uniforms when committing mass murder in public.

Hmmm . I wonder if the Thai military was wearing their uniforms when they were kidnapping and selling the Burmese refugees captured in Ranong....

Or if they were wearing their uniforms when they were blasting the Chinese sailors on the Mekong last year....

F430murci

Hmmm . I wonder if the Thai military was wearing their uniforms when they were kidnapping and selling the Burmese refugees captured in Ranong....

Or if they were wearing their uniforms when they were blasting the Chinese sailors on the Mekong last year....

Both of those make sense - the Mekong soldiers were conspiring with drug lords in the region, effectively hired killers (from the reports available in English), the Burmese is human trafficking, it's obvious (from the Cambodian kids in downtown Bangkok) that authorities are complicit in this. I fail to see the logic that Thai soldiers are opening fire on a random grocery store in the South. It makes more sense that the "insurgents" were indeed behind this, another attempt to intimidate the Thai "kuffars". All speculation, but another possibility that makes more sense than "inside job" is that insurgent-friendly locals work with the police and were on duty at the time. The US/NATO has faced the same problem in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Edited by squarethecircle