New Fjr1300 Released In Oz

BSJ

When did you visit the Yamaha Big Bike showroom for the last time?

About 2 months ago in Chiang Mai. If they had one on the showroom floor I didn't see it. Something else had my attention!

post-63954-0-55654900-1367683901_thumb.j

About 2 months ago in Chiang Mai. If they had one on the showroom floor I didn't see it. Something else had my attention!

post-63954-0-55654900-1367683901_thumb.j

Hate that a.s shaped driver seat on r1! Kills the bike.

attachicon.gifP1000683-reduced.jpg

I'd like to ride it for a day to find out if your right!

attachicon.gifP1000683-reduced.jpg

Totally agree, if you fit that seat it might be time to move away from the supersports and buy a Harley :)

• Like 1

Is the Thailand model knobbled, performance wise?

I don't know about that. I am still dealing with the fact it's the only good size sports tourer in the country that's almost affordable! Ok Honda has the VFR1200f but that's more sports than tourer. You can always sell your first born....and second born for a BMW. Or go down the big V-twin road for a Victory or a Harley.

What I can't figure out is why haven't the Kwaka boys brought in the GTR1400? They bought in the ZX14r which is almost the same. blink.png

The FJR is unlikely to be restricted- Yamaha Japan doesn't have it listed on their website, which means it's not for sale through the standard Japanese domestic dealer network (meaning it would have to be ordered as an 'import model') so I would bet it's full power.

As far as the ZX-14R and GTR1400 go, my dealer said he's only sold three 14Rs this year- I don't think the market is big enough to make it worth it to bring in another somewhat similar model (and the support structure that goes along with it)- I will say this though- while they share a core engine (in different states of tune, plus the GTR still uses the old 1352cc engine from the previous ZX-14 [no 'R'], while the 14R has the new 1441cc engine rated at over 50hp more, while weighing over 100lbs less), I wouldn't say they're 'almost the same'.wink.png

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

The FJR is unlikely to be restricted- Yamaha Japan doesn't have it listed on their website, which means it's not for sale through the standard Japanese domestic dealer network (meaning it would have to be ordered as an 'import model') so I would bet it's full power.

As far as the ZX-14R and GTR1400 go, my dealer said he's only sold three 14Rs this year- I don't think the market is big enough to make it worth it to bring in another somewhat similar model (and the support structure that goes along with it)- I will say this though- while they share a core engine (in different states of tune, plus the GTR still uses the old 1352cc engine from the previous ZX-14 [no 'R'], while the 14R has the new 1441cc engine rated at over 50hp more, while weighing over 100lbs less), I wouldn't say they're 'almost the same'.wink.png

Yer, almost is a strange word! I almost had a date with Heather Locklear once.....but her lawyers insisted it was cyber stalking after the 600 emails! whistling.gif

Back in Oz a few years ago I attended a Harley ride day to try out their touring bikes. The Road King and Electroglide Classic where actually Ok to ride.....although the speeds we got up to (80kph) wasn't all that fast! The Harley and Peter Stevens crew kept us under control. I got back to Peter Stevens in Ringwood and wandered around the showroom until I got knobbled by a salesman. I expressed my disdain that the Kawasaki company didn't have test bikes like the GTR1400 to ride. The salesman said we have one out the back, would you like to take it for a trial run. They had copied my license for the Harley's, given me a breathalyser so 2 minutes later I was cruising along Maroondah Hwy heading for some open country. To cut a long story short I didn't get to open it up ( too much traffic) but I took it up to 120 for a coupler of short bursts. Did about 30 kilometers all up. I liked it. Would have asked to take it for a weekend if I was staying in Oz and serious about buying, but I was coming here so no point. The factory top box was pretty darn expensive!