6 Month Visa In Uk....but 1 Month Stamp On Entry ?

Hi all...advice needed...I applied for a 6 month visa in the uk and it was granted with triple entry...however ive just checked my passport and the girl on the passport desk stamped 30th june 2013...1 month...she said nothing to us on entry....what does this mean ..does it mean i can only stay 1 month even tho i got 6 months stamp on my passport. (10th october 2013)...i am a wee bit worried...what does triple entry actually mean....cheers

I've never seen a UK visa issued for triple entry. Did you say that you would be entering the UK 3 times in 6 months ?

As theoldgit has asked, what did you put in your application ? And what did you tell the immigration officer on arrival in the UK ?

If possible, can you post a photo of this visa for us ( delete your name, passport number, etc, but leave the dates and number of visits visible)

Do you know for sure that you received a triple entry visa?

Looks like that you received an VOA 30 when arriving into the country instead of the TR 60 day.

Go to an immigration office where they can correct the possible mistake.

I think the OP means he got a triple entry tourist visa to come to Thailand but at the airport he only got 30 days.

To the OP did you put the visa number on the Arrivals card?

What date is the visa valid from? count 90days after that, then on that day you would have to leave Thailand and come back across the border, this would then give you another 90 days, this is what triple or double entry means.

Edited by beano2274
  • Like 2

30th if June, is 2 months, ie the first 2 months of the tourist visa.

At the end of the 2 months you have to go Cambodia for your next 2 months, and so on.

You used to be able to trench it to 9 months. If you went to immigration and were able to get a 30 day extension. When those days run out, you then go to Cambodia to claim a further 2 months and so on.

30th if June, is 2 months, ie the first 2 months of the tourist visa. At the end of the 2 months you have to go Cambodia for your next 2 months, and so on. You used to be able to trench it to 9 months. If you went to immigration and were able to get a 30 day extension. When those days run out, you then go to Cambodia to claim a further 2 months and so on.

every 90 days not 2 months (about 60 days)

30th if June, is 2 months, ie the first 2 months of the tourist visa. At the end of the 2 months you have to go Cambodia for your next 2 months, and so on. You used to be able to trench it to 9 months. If you went to immigration and were able to get a 30 day extension. When those days run out, you then go to Cambodia to claim a further 2 months and so on.

Tourist visas are 60 days, not 90.

I think the OP means he got a triple entry tourist visa to come to Thailand but at the airport he only got 30 days.

To the OP did you put the visa number on the Arrivals card?

What date is the visa valid from? count 90days after that, then on that day you would have to leave Thailand and come back across the border, this would then give you another 90 days, this is what triple or double entry means.

That makes more sense. Thanks. And also explains why the girl didn't say anything to you on arrival !

If I remember correctly...

1.Just before 30 June, go to immigration and get a 30 day extension for 1900 Baht.

2.Just before 28 July go to a "Border Run", In the North I used to use the Mai Sai (Myanmar border) and when you re-enter Thailand you will get another 60 days.

3.Just before that expires, get another 1900 Baht 30 day extension at immigration.

4.Do your last "Border Run" just before the final expiry date on your Visa (10 Oct 2013). And if required, get a further 30 extension from immigration.

This should give you a total of almost 9 months stay.

If you only want 6 months stay, omit the extensions at immigration.

Edited by rawhod

Where is this 90 days coming from. A tourist visa is 60 days no more. As the OP said the visa stamp is until the 30th of June. 60 days. You get 90 days with a non o visa.

As I read it in his original post, he has a triple entry tourist visa. 3 x 60 day.

If my memory serves me me correctly, each entry is extendible by 30 days at immigration, giving approx 90 days per entry

Edited by rawhod

Tourist visas are 60 days, not 90.
If you read fully the information you posted, you will see that you can get 90 days from each tourist visa entry...

Tourist Visa (£25 single entry)

Tourist visas last for 60 days and the maximum number of entries you can apply for is 3 giving a total of 6 months in Thailand. You have a 6-month period to use this visa, so your final entry must be before the expiry date. You must leave Thailand for a period of 48 hours at the end of each visa but the final entry can be extended by a further 30 days in Thailand, without leaving the country, at the discretion of Immigration officials.

Hi all...advice needed...I applied for a 6 month visa in the uk and it was granted with triple entry...however ive just checked my passport and the girl on the passport desk stamped 30th june 2013...1 month...she said nothing to us on entry....what does this mean ..does it mean i can only stay 1 month even tho i got 6 months stamp on my passport. (10th october 2013)...i am a wee bit worried...what does triple entry actually mean....cheers

Since this is only the 6th of May you certainly got more than a 1 month entry.

It appears you got a 60 day entry which is correct.

A triple entry visa means you can make 3 entries using your visa with each being valid for 60 days.

You can extend each entry for 30 days at immigration. By doing extensions you can get almost 9 months of stay by doing the final entry just before your visa expires (enter by date).

Why is everyone confused!

You seemed to be confused...

Where is this 90 days coming from. A tourist visa is 60 days no more.

...here.

OK to be pedantic, the extra 30 days is an "extension".

Hi All.......now am really confused.....in the uk i sent my passport to thai consolute in hull....I applied for a 6 month visa with triple entry on my passport i have a visa stamped in it....it says date of issue- 10th April 2013......entry before -10th October 2013 employment prohibited is stamped on visa

on the departure card the lady at customs has stamped this.... on the stamp is states date of entry 2 may 2013........below this it states admitted until 30 jun 2013

also on my passport my type of visa states tourist , category tr , no of entrys 3

does this mean i have to leave and re enter the country before 30th june 2013.......what exactly does no of entry's mean......i thought with 6 month visa and the date 10th october 2013 meant i can stay until then..... obviously it looks i was mistaken......advice greatly appreciated

The visa is valid for 6 months but each entry is for 60 days. You may enter 3 times before 10 Oct. You currently can stay until 30 Jun. Depending on how long you actually want to stay here you can extend each 60 day entry by 30 days which could just about see you through to next year if that's what you want.

• Like 1

Hi All.......now am really confused.....in the uk i sent my passport to thai consolute in hull....I applied for a 6 month visa with triple entry on my passport i have a visa stamped in it....it says date of issue- 10th April 2013......entry before -10th October 2013 employment prohibited is stamped on visa

on the departure card the lady at customs has stamped this.... on the stamp is states date of entry 2 may 2013........below this it states admitted until 30 jun 2013

also on my passport my type of visa states tourist , category tr , no of entrys 3

does this mean i have to leave and re enter the country before 30th june 2013.......what exactly does no of entry's mean......i thought with 6 month visa and the date 10th october 2013 meant i can stay until then..... obviously it looks i was mistaken......advice greatly appreciatedYour 1st entry, which you have already made, is for 2 months.

Your visa is correct...

You can stay in Thailand for 6 months in total... but in three "60 day stints".

After every 2 months from entry, you must leave Thailand and then enter again to activate the next "60 day stint", hence the "no. of 3 entrys".

The last entry,ie. 3rd, must be made before the expiry of the visa, in your case 10 October, but you can stay in Thailand until the end of the 60 day period.

If you require extra time in Thailand, each 60 day stint can be extended by visiting immigration and getting a 30 day extension for 1900 Baht.

Giving you a possible total time of approx. 9 months in Thailand.

Edited by rawhod
  • Like 1

You have a Triple Entry Tourist Visa. This gives you 3 entries of 60 days each.

Each entry can be extended by 30 days at Immigration.

This gives you a stay of up to 270 days. But would mean 2 border runs and 3 extensions at Immigration.

Just be sure that you make your final entry before 10th October.

A border run means that you have to leave Thailand, enter another country and return.

You only have to stay there one minute if you wish.

Be aware that you might need a Visa to enter another Country.

• Like 1

cheers posts 23,24 and 25......I now understand the way it works now.....all my fault...i thought 6 month visa meant 6 months stay..hence my confusion.... Google and ex pat forums... manna from heaven

ps my intension is to stay for at least a year.......again cheers all :)

whistling.gif I will assume you received a triple entry tourist visa.

Therefore:

Your triple entry tourist visa is good for 3 entry and exit pairs into Thailand.

Your visa has a expiration date,normally 180 days after it is issued.

During that 180 day period you must use all three entry and exit pairs.

You should have written the visa number of that visa on your arrival card, so the immigration on arrival would find it and stamp you for a 60 day entry on arrival.

If all you received was a 30 permitted to stay stamp that was a mistake, possibly because the immigration officer did not see that visa in your passport.

That's exactly why you should have entered the visa number on your arrival card, so the immigration would look for it.

Each entry on a triple entry tourist visa should get you a 60 day permitted to stay stamp. Each of those entries can be extended for another 30 days in Thailand at your local immigration office by paying an extension fee of 1900 Baht.

That means each entry plus extension gives you a 60 day entry plus a 30 day extension for a total of 90 days in Thailand.

However, your visa will expire after 180 days, so it will NOT be possible to fit 3 90 day stays into the 180 day period before your triple entry expires.

Here's one exam[le of how you maximize the time you can spend in Thailand on your visa.

First entry into Thailand ......permitted to stay for 60 days.......total time of stay 60 days.

First extension at local immigration for 1900 baht fee for 30 days......total time of stay (60 plus 30) ...... 90 days

Now do a Thai "border run". Go to nearest border, exit Thailand making sure to get exit stamp, Then immediately turn around and re-enter Thailand.

Second entry /exit pair....permitted to stay stamp for another 60 days....total time in Thailand now is (90 plus 60) ...150 days total.

Do NOT do a 2nd 30 day extension.

Now at day 150 do a another border run. Again exit Thailand and re-enter.

Another 60 day permitted to stay stamp on re-entry. Total stay in Thailand is now (150 days plus 60 days) .... total 210 days,

Now go to your local immigration and get another 30 day extension for another 1900 baht fee

Total time in Thailand with 3 entries and 2 extensions will be 240 days....a total of 240 days stay in Thailand.

After day 180 your visa will expire. But you can stay legally in Thailand because of those "permitted to stay" stamps.

There is no way to get the full 270 day time (3 entries and 3 extensions or 270 days) into the 180 day period before your visa expires. About 240 days is the best you can do.

But to follow the schedule I outlined, or some other similar schedule, will get you 240 days from that visa and it is all perfectly legal.

A procedure similar to what I told you is called "milking the visa dry" or using the visa to get the maximum stay you legally can in Thailand.

A 240 day stay is the maximum you can get on your triple entry tourist visa before it expires.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Total time in Thailand with 3 entries and 2 extensions will be 240 days....a total of 240 days stay in Thailand.

After day 180 your visa will expire. But you can stay legally in Thailand because of those "permitted to stay" stamps.

There is no way to get the full 270 day time (3 entries and 3 extensions or 270 days) into the 180 day period before your visa expires. About 240 days is the best you can do.

But to follow the schedule I outlined, or some other similar schedule, will get you 240 days from that visa and it is all perfectly legal.

A procedure similar to what I told you is called "milking the visa dry" or using the visa to get the maximum stay you legally can in Thailand.

A 240 day stay is the maximum you can get on your triple entry tourist visa before it expires.

rolleyes.gif

The visa lasts 6 months, not 180 days. Depending on the months it covers you get between 181 and 184 as I remember. If you leave ASAP after the visa is issued then 60+30+60+30 can be completed before the visa expires at which time the final entry (of 3) can be used to gain an additional 60+30 equaling 270 days. I'm only going to get 269 this trip because on advise from TVF, immigration may not give me entry with the visa on the use before date. What it says on the visa is use before but the rules that some immigration officers use is supposedly by the book which appears to be that the date is the last date rather than the day before. Didn't want to chance it.

edit: Assuming 6 months validity of visa.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/621499-going-for-the-full-270/?hl=%2Bfull+%2B270#entry6223690

Edited by notmyself