Moaning Around - Question Of Mindset?

Swiss1960

Moaning and whining seems to have become the norm in many places around the world. It certainly seems to me that America has turned into a country of serious whiners....never satisfied with much of anything....live in big houses, drive nice cars, clean water, good roads....no matter it is never enough and always looking for someone to blame for whatever it is that they don't like....blame Obama, blame bush, blame your mom, boss, coach....

The old adage the "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" comes to mind. Move to Thailand to get away from the whiners in your home country only to find that a lot of the farangs in Thailand have become world class whiners regarding all things Thai. When in America sing the praises about how wonderful Thailand is and how bad America is...then get to Thailand and sing the praises about how wonderful America is and how awful so much of Thailand is.....

I often tell some of my rich American friends (by thai standards) that perhaps they should come to Thailand and work in the rice paddies for $6 a day for a few years and live in a bamboo shack...then they might have something to moan about or realize that just maybe they really do have it pretty good.

I think the OP is basically saying that how you choose to react to events outside of your control is indeed in your control....or as stated seeing the glass half full and saying gee isn't this great rather than half empty and the sky is falling.

or as the Thais so often say....UP TO YOU......

This thread has more moaning and whining than most on here.....

Who cares?

I've lived between the UK and here 22 years, I have a rant every now and again about both places.

What exactly is your point? Stop this waffle and make a point!!!

That we have no right to complain about things here? Is that your point? You've not lived here.

I love my life here but every now and again something will piss me off into next month and I'll have a moan about it.

My Thai friends seldom cease to moan about things here, especially taxis.

I have 3 rules. I never talk politics, work or religion with people. if they start, I sort of ignore it, change the subject to women or football and that sort of works well.

The moaners don't really live here, nor are they expats.

Half the forum members don't even live in the country. They visit for a while and then they go home and moan about the things they dislike.

Moaners tend to have Thai GF's and No real western friends or family here.

This thread has more moaning and whining than most on here.....

Who cares?

I've lived between the UK and here 22 years, I have a rant every now and again about both places.

What exactly is your point? Stop this waffle and make a point!!!

That we have no right to complain about things here? Is that your point? You've not lived here.

I love my life here but every now and again something will piss me off into next month and I'll have a moan about it.

My Thai friends seldom cease to moan about things here, especially taxis.

I have 3 rules. I never talk politics, work or religion with people. if they start, I sort of ignore it, change the subject to women or football and that sort of works well.

Another boring alco that just wants to talk about bitches and football.