Well Done Wigan!

Sunderland

As there wasn't a Wigan thread already running, I already congratulated Wigan in the City thread, who I thought thoroughly deserved it.

That's very sporting of you. Had you lost to Man United, I would not have been offering congratulations to the winners, such is my contempt/envy for the tossers.

Edited by Sunderland

And twelve hours after the event the result is still not appearing on the BBC, unlike those for Porto v Benfica and Real v Espanyol.

Well I suppose it's only the FA Cup Final, and to the good Europeans at the Beeb, Spanish and Portuguese league games are more important.

Gutted for City but well done to Wigan.

Dave Whelan and Roberto Martinez deserve it. Both nice guys.

dave whelan's a nice guy? based on what, jack?

That they beat City in the final yesterday

Based on the fact that he is a lifelong Tory!laugh.png

Seriously I met him many years ago and he is a lovely guy. Apart from that he is a football loving 'small guy' who stands by his managers, doesnt have the billions to throw at it like some owners. He is one of the good guys, IMHO and I am happy for him and Wigan that they, if it couldnt be us, won the FA Cup. I sincerely hope they avoid relegation.

• Like 1

Great to see an ordinary club win it. It's something the fans will remember for life, unlike those of clubs like Chelsea or Man Utd who see it as better than nothing and add it to their list of stats..

But I would happily push Whelan under a train.

Seriously I met him many years ago and he is a lovely guy. Apart from that he is a football loving 'small guy' who stands by his managers, doesnt have the billions to throw at it like some owners. He is one of the good guys, IMHO and I am happy for him and Wigan that they, if it couldnt be us, won the FA Cup. I sincerely hope they avoid relegation.

a yorkshireman who makes his money in wigan and who gives millions of pounds to the convervative party. wanted a minute's silence for thatcher before all football matches that weekend. horrible self-publicising tory gobshite of an individual he is.

• Like 1

a yorkshireman who makes his money in wigan and who gives millions of pounds to the convervative party. wanted a minute's silence for thatcher before all football matches that weekend. horrible self-publicising tory gobshite of an individual he is.

Leave it out Steverolleyes.gif

Its the Football Forum. You asked me my reasons, and I gave them. You dont need to politicise everything. Just because someone has differing political views or beliefs to you, doesnt mean they are neccessarily 'gobshites'

I have met the guy. He wasnt a gobshite to me.

He has poured millions into Wigan. He has stood by his managers. Good luck to him. Hope he enjoys his success.

"A Yorkshireman who makes his money in Wigan.....?????" dear me, how despicablesmile.png