Thai Democrats Led By Abhisit To Discuss Reforms

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Ditch failed and discredited leadership.

2.Rely more on convincing Thai people and less on unelected elites, military intervention and directed court decisions.

They might do better convincing Thai people if the red shirts actually let them have their rallies.

They might do better also if people didn't listen to red shirt propaganda.

Hmm, have you been down to the Democrat stronghold of Phuket/Krabi/Surat Thani?

The only propaganda down that way is Democrat related as the political control is with the Democrats.

So, Democrat party discusses reforms. No overal agreement on reforms, but still talking.

Obviously that just shows the Democrats are just talk, no good, military puppets, etc., etc. If only they had the courage to be populistic and autocratic like the Thaksin party with the executive commitee only needing to endorse anything the boss comes up with. Now that would be a change for the better. At least some here seem to imply it.

So, Democrat party discusses reforms. No overal agreement on reforms, but still talking.

Obviously that just shows the Democrats are just talk, no good, military puppets, etc., etc. If only they had the courage to be populistic and autocratic like the Thaksin party with the executive commitee only needing to endorse anything the boss comes up with. Now that would be a change for the better. At least some here seem to imply it.

You seem to misunderstand.The populist and autocratic characteristics of the current government should work in the Democrats favour, that is by providing an opportunity to differentiate.

The failure of the Democrats is as much to do with their lack of political talent. as anything else.

Now I've heard it all. The Democrats should change, they should be more like the Pheu Thai, they should differentiate from Pheu Thai, etc., etc.

Those standing along the line know best, that's clear once more :-)

"Your contention that every Democrat rally is disrupted by a Red mob is a lie."

Not that it would unjustified with rhetoric about toppling the elected government (again), not to mention a few pages of historical precedent.

• Like 1

Not that it would unjustified with rhetoric about toppling the elected government (again), not to mention a few pages of historical precedent.

The Red's want topple a government again! Wow :P

The Reds and PTP proclaim democracy.

Yet it always tends to look at first glance like 1930's European democracy. Change brown shirt to red.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

"The Democrat Party was founded on April 6, 1946, and it is the oldest surviving political party in Thailand and Southeast Asia."

Not a bad win/loss record. They don't seem too concerned. Wonder why.

arrogance?

and, as Jayboy points out, business is still good so they play along with this irritating democracy theater. For now.

The Red's want topple a government again! Wow tongue.png

Yet it always tends to look at first glance like 1930's European democracy. Change brown shirt to red.

Think you missed the transition but you gave me a chuckle. Wouldn't that be something though, stock market wouldn't know how to act.

Agree, PTP even sounds like a communist acronym (or a petrol station), and that color red screams caution more than yellow(?).

I prefer democracy served up by a gang who at least had the good sense to include the word in their name.

As others said here, no matter what they do, they'll always be The Democrats.

Edited by 55Jay

Think you missed the transition but you gave me a chuckle. Wouldn't that be something though, stock market wouldn't know how to act.

Agree, PTP even sounds like a communist acronym (or a petrol station), and that color red screams caution more than yellow(?).

I prefer democracy served up by a gang who at least had the good sense to include the word in their name.

Who are of course politically closer to the republicans (not a good choice of name at all), or conservatives in their policy.

• Like 1

Who are of course politically closer to the republicans (not a good choice of name at all), or conservatives in their policy.

I was being safeesush tongue.png

The Red's want topple a government again! Wow Posted Image

Think you missed the transition but you gave me a chuckle.  Wouldn't that be something though, stock market wouldn't know how to act.

Being British I find the name Republicans kind of refers to reanimated publicans (as in pub landlords)

Aka Al Murray

Being British I find the name Republicans kind of refers to reanimated publicans (as in pub landlords)

Aka Al Murray

thumbsup.gif

Ho Ho.

It is very confusing at first though to realise that politically the Thai democrats have little or nothing politically in common with the USA democrats or social democrats in Europe.

They are right wing. Pure and simple. It seems to have them in a conundrum at the moment at least.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Aka Al Murray

thumbsup.gif

Ho Ho.

It is very confusing at first though to realise that politically the Thai democrats have little or nothing politically in common with the USA democrats or social democrats in Europe.

They are right wing. Pure and simple. It seems to have them in a conundrum at the moment at least.

I would say that the Thai Democrats ARE CENTRE RIGHT.

Aka Al Murray

thumbsup.gif

Ho Ho.

Takes a while to get through, but a review of the Dem Party website, specifically the policies and the progress report, reads like a liberal populist wet dream. Being a professional opposition and self-appointed government watchdog and corruption buster, might actually be better than actually getting elected.

Edit: to remove the big, ugly YT link. No offence, Al.

Edited by 55Jay