Anti-Flood Walls For Thai Industrial Estates Almost Completed

webfact

Anti-flood walls for Thai industrial estates almost completed
By Digital Media

BANGKOK, May 15 – Thailand’s Industry Ministry will earmark a Bt1.754 billion (US$60 million) subsidy for the construction of flood-prevention walls at four industrial estates in northern Bangkok and further north Ayutthaya, minister Prasert Boonchaisuk said today.

He said the financial allocation represented two-thirds of the total expense and an additional subsidy will be granted to two more industrial estates of which the anti-flood walls have yet to finish.

Representatives of the Japanese Chamber of Commerce in Bangkok called on the industry minister today inquiring about the government’s policy on investment privileges to new investments from their country.

Mr Prasert and the Japanese businessmen also discussed Japan’s request to extend an Information Technology Agreement to include 200 IT items instead of the present allowance of 140 items.

The Thai finance ministry and related state and private agencies are discussing the request, he said.

He said the Japanese Trade Union Confederation (JTUC) recently informed Thailand of the Japanese small- and medium enterprises’ interest to invest in Thailand and set up a distribution centre here.

Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is scheduled to visit Japan next week, Wednesday through Friday May 22-24, to inspect the JTUC distribution centres. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-05-15

• Like 1

Anyone who knows how many Industrial Estates had their floodwalls completed till now and how much money has been spent on that? The four Estates mentioned seem new ones requiring THB 2.631 billion in total. Two more seem to require 'some' more money to complete.

At least water is (mostly) transparent.

This is good to hear , Toyota will be pleased and just in time for the wet season, that will try the plan out, if all else fails you can use your finger..coffee1.gif

Toyota are in an area that isn't flood prone at all. Honda will be watching eagerly. I've seen the walls at Bangkadi Rojana and my own personal opinion is that I really don't think the walls are high or strong enough

This is good to hear , Toyota will be pleased and just in time for the wet season, that will try the plan out, if all else fails you can use your finger..coffee1.gif

Toyota are in an area that isn't flood prone at all. Honda will be watching eagerly. I've seen the walls at Bangkadi Rojana and my own personal opinion is that I really don't think the walls are high or strong enough

And I wonder...

- Big high walls around the industrial estate

- Very heavy rains and the water builds up inside the enclosed estate and it can't just run away because of the high walls

- So they need pump it out - onto the outside of the walled enclosure (estate)

- But outside is immersed in water, say 5metres deep

- Therefore can't pump it out and raise the water level outside because local folks are already flooded out, in danger of drowning, possessions all washed away and surviving on handouts etc.

- So what happens now?

And I wonder...

- Very heavy rains and the water builds up inside the enclosed estate and it can't just run away because of the high walls

- Therefore can't pump it out and raise the water level outside because local folks are already flooded out, in danger of drowning, possessions all washed away and surviving on handouts etc.

- So what happens now?

You contact the government and ask for Deputy P.M. Plodprasop and report the situation clearly.

Await further instructions and arrival of propeller driven pumps.

• Like 1

Why am I not surprised.whistling.gif

And I wonder...

- So what happens now?

Yingluck poses for a photo op and announces that Chalerm will head up a committee to study the problem and if it is not in the deep south he will even go look at it.wai2.gif

And still the roads around Rangsit flood after an hours rain, because of blocked and insufficient drainage.

These flood walls are all fine and dandy, but the water has to go somewhere. As far as I can see, these additional walls around the airport, army bases and industrial areas are going compound the problems for the local housing.

yea "almost completed".in the next ten years

more money please

I am confused The article said

"Anti-flood walls for Thai industrial estates almost completed

By Digital Media

BANGKOK, May 15 – Thailand’s Industry

Ministry will earmark a Bt1.754 billion (US$60 million) subsidy for the

construction of flood-prevention walls at four industrial estates in

northern Bangkok and further north Ayutthaya, minister Prasert

Boonchaisuk said today."

The head line makes it sound like they are almost done with it.

The article says they are going to earmark some money to do it.

Sounds to me like they haven't even started if they have to earmark money to do it.

To me it sounds like two opposite messages.

And I wonder...

- So what happens now?

What happens? You just pump it out. Estate will be fine. It's pretty easy.

And still the roads around Rangsit flood after an hours rain, because of blocked and insufficient drainage.

These flood walls are all fine and dandy, but the water has to go somewhere. As far as I can see, these additional walls around the airport, army bases and industrial areas are going compound the problems for the local housing.

Who cares they already got there vote. Come next election they will have another bag of candy on offer.

hahahahaha, they have probably built them over a sand base ads used a fraction of the cement needed to make the concrete hard enough(their 30% take money). will probably not even be water proof and start to erode as soon as the rain starts up, cheap arse bastards.