Thai Patriotic Front Steps Up Pressure On Govt To Resign

webfact

Thai Patriotic Front steps up pressure on govt to resign
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Thai Patriotic Front boasted Friday that up to 50,000 people would join its rally at Sanam Luang Saturday to demand the Pheu Thailed government resign.

Chaiwat Sinsuwong, a leader of the group, said the mass rally would begin at 5pm and continue until the government agreed to step down.

A few hundred Thai Patriotic Front members have been camping in Sanam Luang since May 7, despite an order by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) to move to another rally site.

However, Chaiwat insisted Friday that his group would continue the rally at Sanam Luang because they were invoking their constitutional rights to demonstrate.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-17

The Chinese Communist regime Feb. 5 announced the formation of a "patriotic front" to overthrow the government of Thailand. It was the first time Peiping had openly singled out Thailand, as the next target of aggression in Southeast Asia. 02/14/1965

Seems they are Thida's old mob the communists. However, I think the Nation got their name wrong, this protest group must be the "Thai Patriots Network".

"Chaiwat Sinsuwong ...... leader of the Thai Patriots Network speaks at a news conference while staging a protest outside the government house in Bangkok, Thailand Thursday, Jan. 13, 2011. About 200 protesters camp outside the government house to put pressure on Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to take more actions against Cambodia..."

Edited by waza

Should 50 000 rule Thailand ? No way ! The ruling government is democratically elected. I sombody don`t agree they have to do a better election campaign, and that should not be arranging rallies against the elected. They have to promote their intentions and the benefits of voting on them. That`s democarcy. All the other sh.t is hypocrisy, or craziness. I wish there will be a ban on demonstrating to get any government to step down. Demonstrations against decicions are fair enough, but it`s not fair what`s going on here.

People exercising their democratic right to assemble and protest isn't democratic or fair on the government?

No.

ANTI-GOVERNMENT MOVEMENT
Thai Patriotic Front steps up pressure on govt to resign

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Thai Patriotic Front boasted yesterday that up to 50,000 people would join its rally at Sanam Luang today to demand the Pheu Thai-led government resign.

Chaiwat Sinsuwong, a leader of the group, said the mass rally would begin at 5pm and continue until the government agreed to step down.

A few hundred Thai Patriotic Front members have been camping in Sanam Luang since May 7, despite an order by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) to move to another rally site.

However, Chaiwat insisted yesterday that his group would continue the rally at Sanam Luang because they were invoking their constitutional rights to demonstrate.

Chaiwat said the Thai Patriotic Front believed the Pheu Thai-led government, some senators and red shirts were collaborating to undermine the power of the Constitutional Court and that his group needed to protect the court. He added that he had been intimidated by plainclothes police, who had followed and photographed him.

"I will not file a police complaint, but will defend myself within the framework of the law," Chaiwat said.

BMA spokeswoman Tridao Apaiwong said the BMA would ask the demonstrators again today to leave Sanam Luang.

She said if the protesters refused to leave, the BMA would file a police complaint against the protest leaders. The last resort would be seeking a court order to force them out of the area, she said.

She also called on the demonstrators to consider the harm they are doing to the country's image because the BMA needs Sanam Luang for organising Buddhism Week.

A BMA source said the city administration was concerned because it is being criticised for allowing the group to use the grounds, which are mainly reserved for national ceremonies.

The source said the BMA might step up pressure on the group by removing all of its mobile toilet units from the rally site.

Pol Maj-General Parinya Chansuriya, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Commission, said five companies of policemen and 100 more traffic police had been deployed to keep order at Sanam Luang.

He said the protesters would not be allowed to block roads around Sanam Luang and the leaders would be arrested if any of them violated the law.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-18

Should 50 000 rule Thailand ? No way ! The ruling government is democratically elected. I sombody don`t agree they have to do a better election campaign, and that should not be arranging rallies against the elected. They have to promote their intentions and the benefits of voting on them. That`s democarcy. All the other sh.t is hypocrisy, or craziness. I wish there will be a ban on demonstrating to get any government to step down. Demonstrations against decicions are fair enough, but it`s not fair what`s going on here.

People exercising their democratic right to assemble and protest isn't democratic or fair on the government?

No.

Why?

But arranging rallies in support of the government and against the opposition is fair then?

Curiously enough that reminds me of another Big Brother who only ever used to appear to his public on a TV screen.

• Like 2

Patriot group vows to intensify rally this afternoon
By Digital Media

13688469427448.png

BANGKOK, May 18 – The Thai Patriots Network, defying a warning from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), vowed to rally at Sanam Luang this afternoon to expose the government’s mismanagement and its handling of the Phra Viharn (Preah Vihear) temple dispute.

Network leader Chaiwat Sinsuwong said about 35,000 people have gathered at Sanam Luang in the last few days and at least 10,000 more will join in the rally today, beginning at 5pm.

The BMA has repeatedly called on the group to move out of the royal ceremonial and public activity area opposite the Emerald Buddha Temple within today, or they would face legal action.

Mr Chaiwat said the legal action, if taken by City Hall, involves minor punishment and the network will carry on its demonstration – a basic right given by the constitution.

He would not say when the rally would be called off. Mr Chaiwat once served as a Bangkok deputy governor. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-05-18

Patriot group vows to intensify rally this afternoon

By Digital Media

13688469427448.png

BANGKOK, May 18 – The Thai Patriots Network, defying a warning from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), vowed to rally at Sanam Luang this afternoon to expose the government’s mismanagement and its handling of the Phra Viharn (Preah Vihear) temple dispute.

Network leader Chaiwat Sinsuwong said about 35,000 people have gathered at Sanam Luang in the last few days and at least 10,000 more will join in the rally today, beginning at 5pm.

The BMA has repeatedly called on the group to move out of the royal ceremonial and public activity area opposite the Emerald Buddha Temple within today, or they would face legal action.

Mr Chaiwat said the legal action, if taken by City Hall, involves minor punishment and the network will carry on its demonstration – a basic right given by the constitution.

He would not say when the rally would be called off. Mr Chaiwat once served as a Bangkok deputy governor. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-05-18

Looks like they got the peasants out full force there!

Is this the Yellow shirts under a different name?

If so they stayed a long time last go round.

If you want to say all anti-government people are yellow shirts, and all pro-government people are red shirts, then these are yellow shirts.

Of course, it's not as simple as that.

• Like 1

No.

Who decides what people are allowed to protest against? Or are you against all protests?

Is it wrong to want a democratically elected government to submit to transparency? Or maybe the electorate wanted corruption It may have been assumed to be in the PTP manifesto which a significant number of PTP voters are not able to read.

The usual red defence - we can do whatever we want without being questioned, because we were elected. Roll on one party democracy/dictatorship then there won't be any criticism heard any more

No.

why not?

"Network leader Chaiwat Sinsuwong said about 35,000 people have gathered at Sanam Luang in the last few days and at least 10,000 more will join in the rally today, beginning at 5pm."

Largest protest group since the 2010 riots, kind of puts the last Redshirt protest to shame, they promised 100,000 and got 200. I guess that's a measure of how deeply this issue is felt, 35,000 and growing without being paid. There has to be a message in that.

• Like 2

"Network leader Chaiwat Sinsuwong said about 35,000 people have gathered at Sanam Luang in the last few days and at least 10,000 more will join in the rally today, beginning at 5pm."

Largest protest group since the 2010 riots, kind of puts the last Redshirt protest to shame, they promised 100,000 and got 200. I guess that's a measure of how deeply this issue is felt, 35,000 and growing without being paid. There has to be a message in that.

There ya go! 35,000 people. And how many voted this government in to power ?

• Like 2

One would hope that there is many more of these outfits to place pressure on this ruling mob of numb nuts and to ensure that everything they do is under scrutiny and pointing out that not everyone agrees with their plans of grandeur , the PTP cannot handle pressure , criticism or being judged. Bring it on Patriotic front and good luck.clap2.gif

Do you really think that this tiny mob of protesters have the right to over ride the millions who voted the government in. I rather think that you are calling the wrong organisation "Numb nuts" clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 2

One would hope that there is many more of these outfits to place pressure on this ruling mob of numb nuts and to ensure that everything they do is under scrutiny and pointing out that not everyone agrees with their plans of grandeur , the PTP cannot handle pressure , criticism or being judged. Bring it on Patriotic front and good luck.clap2.gif

Do you really think that this tiny mob of protesters have the right to over ride the millions who voted the government in. I rather think that you are calling the wrong organisation "Numb nuts" clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Do you think the millions of people that didnt vote PTP, or even this tiny mob of Thai citizens, have the right to have the leader of the country, making all the most important decisions for this country, actually reside within its borders? Do these same people have the right to have that same man available, in person, for the opposition to question and scrutinize that mans decisions?