Swimming Pool

steve__C

I cant get membership at the Amari.

if you don't mind me asking, why not?

nothing personal, i hope :o

they said on the phone that they were "full for this year". somebody else told me the same thing as well.

Chiang Mai Orchird doesnt sound too far away and had read somewhere that you can use their swimming pool for a fee.

I think the Amari is only allowing guests to use the pool, correct me if wrong!

I use the 700 yr old stadium on Canal Rd. OK no trees etc but a great pool.

Olympic size and also has a diving pool with a 10 mtr board.

Prices are 50bht for non members and I think 30bhnt for members with membership being 500bht a year. Also in the same complex as the pool is a pretty good gym for about the same prices.

Anyone else like this pool?

Have fun

I usually swim at a friend's private pool but when I want to do many laps I go to 700 year stadium too. It's never crowded & they don't seem to overdo it with the chlorine like some other public pools I've been to, e.g. Chiangmai Land. I used to be a member at the Amari but it was getting pretty crowded with members, as opposed to guests, & the staff became less & less friendly over time. It's true they have a nice garden but by the time my membershp expired I didn't care for the place much anymore.

Greetings! I am new in town.

I cant get membership at the Amari. Can anyone reccomend a similarly nice pool with drinks, trees etc in CM which I could join?

Many thanks,

Steve

I had the same problem last september looking for any swimming pool we could use. My wife and I now go to a couple of "village" pools where for a charge of 40b you can swim all day. These are large clean pool, the one in Wangtan has a resturant alongside a second(alas name unknown) has a sauna for only 30b. I live in a sall place called Pi-gun-thong, near Wangtan on the Hang Dong road. :o