Foreigner Killed By Train In Prachin Buri

webfact

Foreigner killed by train in Prachin Buri

train.jpg

PRACHIN BURI: -- The body of a Caucasian foreigner has been recovered from a railway line in Prachin Buri province, after being hit by a train early on Monday morning.

The, so far unidentified, man was spotted by the driver of the Prachin Buri to Bangkok train as he walked onto the line in front of the passenger train, making it impossible for the driver to stop before hitting him.

Described as approximately 60 years old and wearing only a pair of shorts and shoes, he was recovered from the track by emergency services who declared him dead at the scene, having been crushed by the train, which also severed his leg.

The shaken driver told police that he had been travelling toward Bangkok at around 5 in the morning, before sunrise, and was only able to spot the man standing on the line as he was caught in the train headlamps.

Full story: http://www.pattaya103.com/foreigner-killed-by-train-in-prachin-buri/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-05-20

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British man run over by train in Thailand

PRACHIN BURI: -- A train ran over an elderly British national lying on the tracks Monday, severing his leg, Thai police said.

The incident occurred at about 5 am in Prachin Buri, 100 kilometres north-east of Bangkok, Police Sergeant Chaimongkol Chaiya said.

"According to the autopsy, the man had suffered a heart attack and was most likely dead when the train ran over him," Chaimongkol said by phone.

He said the victim identified as Alan George Broen, 68, had fallen on the tracks with his right leg hanging over the rail.

"We are trying to get more details on the man’s background," Chaimongkol said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-20

Never too early for speculation. 5am on the tracks dressed only in his shorts? I don't think he was a keen runner. I could be wrong.

RIP, terrible way to go. I once saw someone do this at Clapham Junction, not nice.

• Like 1

UPDATE:
Foreigner found dead on train track

Manit Sanapboon
The Nation

PRACHIN BURI: -- A male foreigner died of a sudden blood-circulation failure just before his body was hit by a train yesterday morning in Prachin Buri's Muang district, an autopsy revealed yesterday.

Following a report of a train running over Broen Alan George, 68, in an isolated area near Prachin Thani Road, police and rescue workers found his body. The man was shirtless and wore black shorts, brown leather shoes and socks. Police also found a blue bag containing a Thai national flag, an English-language book, a valium prescription from a doctor at Samitivej Hospital and clothes.

The driver of the Prachin Buri-Bangkok train, Jaturong Sonrit, told police he was travelling towards Bangkok at 5am when he saw the foreigner laying partly on the track, as if he was sleeping or unconscious. Jaturong did not have time to stop the train, which struck the man. An investigation found that some people had spotted the foreigner wandering around the train station market prior to the incident.

Police sent the man's body for autopsy to Chaopraya Apaipubet Hospital and were trying to contact his family.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-21

UPDATE: British man dies from circulatory collapse minutes before being hit by train
By Coconuts Bangkok

1088.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An autopsy report from Chaophraya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital has revealed that a 68-year-old British tourist, who was run over by a train, had actually died from sudden circulatory collapse.

As reported earlier by Coconuts, Broen Alan George was found dead yesterday on a train track in Prachin Buri province. Doctors said that George might have passed away just minutes before the train struck him. His sudden death was the reason why he was not able to dodge the No 372 Prachin Buri-Bangkok train.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/05/21/update-british-man-dies-circulatory-collapse-minutes-being-hit-train

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-05-21

What happened then. It seems like it could have been a number of things. He could have been running, out all night, sleepwalking, meeting someone, dodgy dealing, looking for someone, running from or to someone, or taking a leisurely stroll in the morning.

I always hate attending these types of incidents (9) it is not a nice experience.

Yea me too (27)

"...attending these types of incidents..."

Excuse me, but what does this mean? Observing the accident? Attending the funeral?

I always hate attending these types of incidents (9) it is not a nice experience.

Yea me too (27)

Excuse me, but what does this mean? Observing the accident? Attending the funeral?

Maybe they're paramedics.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yea me too (27)

I guess English is not your mother tongue. "attending an incident" is terminology used by emergency services personel, such as police.

• Like 1

Yea me too (27)

I guess English is not your mother tongue. "attending an incident" is terminology used by emergency services personel, such as police.

Correct! Chooka is a ex cop as he has stated in other posts

• Like 1

Well according to the original article and statement from the driver. The man was standing when he was hit by the train.

The shaken driver told police that he had been travelling toward Bangkok at around 5 in the morning, before sunrise, and was only able to spot the man standing on the line as he was caught in the train headlamps.

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...n-prachin-buri/

"and was only able to spot the man standing on the line as he was caught in the train headlamps.""

Am I reading this wrong? Says he was standing..not lying down. Perhaps only an improper use of the word STANDING vice LAYING DOWN. I guess if I was standing on a train track and a train happened to take me by surprise, I would probably have a heart attack as well. I am guessing no alcohol induced foolery led to this man to choose rail tracks as a wise choice for an early morning stroll or pleasant resting place. Much more information required on this.....Bless his soul.