Government Holiday !

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy please STOP posting all the holiday dates I'm tired of sleeping in. Better to just tell me it's Sunday then I can go and pray.

Hey John, I will try to respond to this again, my attempt last night caused the power to go down~!!! whistling.gifsad.png

The main reason I post these holidays is to give those especially needing to visit Samui Immigration fair warning ... that it will be closed.... because anyone doing after due date gets dinged 500 baht a day, if late ~! (even if it's a holiday!)

I think we'd rather our friend there at SI does not get that extra money! wink.png

You are lucky you can sleep in, I rarely can or do! tongue.pngsad.png

thanks these things are use full to know before hand can save people time traveling around going nowhere.. if a government holiday then they shall be closed as they are a government building. i would do you immigration stuff on thrusday if u lot have to

yes i see

Visakha Bucha Day: Friday May 24

just saved eople gasoline corr i have been here a long time. i say that frase back in engliand they look at me bad. we are used to saying petrol

I'll be in Swampy on Friday, sure family mart will be selling a few beers....i hope as i have around 4 hours to pass!!!

Nope, no beer for sale on Friday.

Beer for sale in every place! :-) In fact the only place not selling any beer was the Family Mart who had a sign on the fridge saying you could not buy any. No problem at all though, everywhere else was selling and fun was had by all anyway as far as could see :-)

I'll be in Swampy on Friday, sure family mart will be selling a few beers....i hope as i have around 4 hours to pass!!!

Nope, no beer for sale on Friday.
Beer for sale in every place! :-) In fact the only place not selling any beer was the Family Mart who had a sign on the fridge saying you could not buy any. No problem at all though, everywhere else was selling and fun was had by all anyway as far as could see :-)
No issue at my local mom and pop, not that it ever is.

The local Thai shops have always ignored the laws on this one - even the drought times (before 11 am and from 2 - 5 pm) whistling.gif

Tesco/Big C - no booze for sale - the foreign places usually obey the laws. coffee1.gif

I drink at home - so not a problem thumbsup.gif

The local Thai shops have always ignored the laws on this one - even the drought times (before 11 am and from 2 - 5 pm) whistling.gif

Tesco/Big C - no booze for sale - the foreign places usually obey the laws. coffee1.gif

I drink at home - so not a problem thumbsup.gif

Well it's a case of..... ummm ..... money under the table rolleyes.gif .... not just a case of ignoring .... you can guess who gets the money~! whistling.gif

I asked my local small shop that once and that is what I was told! .... shhhhh,.... don't ask .... don't tell !!! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

• 1 month later...

When I first learned that the Thai people in general had no annual holidays, I felt quite sorry for them.

Ahhhhh - poor Thai people I thought.

Then I found out that they have these odd days now and again.

Then I added them all up and found that they total more than the average 2-week-plus holiday allowance in proper countries.

Now I don't feel so sorry for them.

Anyway I'm glad the Thai nation doesn't get a national holiday period like the Italians do.

Can you imagine no alcohol for three weeks?

Anyway I'm glad the Thai nation doesn't get a national holiday period like the Italians do.

Can you imagine no alcohol for three weeks?

Italy doesn't sell alcohol during the holiday? wink.png

It's only Thailand that the government knows if the workers get a day off they spend it guzzling lao kao till they fall over and can't walk for two days. Much in the same style as a 4th year school disco . . . but with crucifying karaoke instead of dilated puking pupils.

Edited by robsamui

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Three public holidays coming up in December... (marked as red letter days on the calendar ....)

Thursday December 5th HM the King's Birthday.

Tuesday December 10 th (not sure, what that is) Perhaps Khun Mole can help out! ?

Tuesday December 31.... New Years eve! xpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.V_K7hML3fS.

Expect Government offices, Banks and some shops to be closed on these days!

Also work out days for immigration around these dates for sure! (even out of Thailand!)