2013/2014 Transfer Rumours

BangrakBob

I thought this thread was about transfer rumours.

Pity it developed into a boring Luis Suarez rant. saai.gif

What happened to the good old days of sparkling repartee ?

(Stuffs flat cap back on head and shuffles off stage left).

Well when someone makes a ridiculous statement such as

Luis is one of the greatest footballers ever to play in this country

on the back of one good goal then

it's bound to start people going off topic thumbsup.gif

Edited by alfieconn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You appear to have forgotten to highlight the 1st two words of the paragraph. All about opinions laddie. For instance, I don't remember any player who could have come close to scoring that goal against Newcastle. Can you?

Sorry i don't remember seeing the goal, but i'm sure it was a good one if you say so 37.gif

Google is your friend

Have to say i think you've been going rather OTT about Suarez. He's had a great season, he's a world class player but "greatest ever players in the league" or however you stated....! Thierry Henry for example was a better player than Suarez could ever be. Denis Berkamp was a player touched with genius, Van Nistolrooy and van Persie for that matter are far more natural goalscorer and the list will just go on and on and i haven't even finished my morning coffee.

I suppose if you put a premier league allstars list he would be in the top 100 and he's scored some spectacular goals but in that same thought so did Ronny Rosenthall.

Fact is Suarez is a very fine world class player, scores spectacular goals but misses too many scoring opportunities. I've seen this too numerous times to mention. He also has a terrific work rate. But to put his name in a "greatest list is frankly absurd.

Maybe i've misread what you are trying to say but Suarez at this juncture in his career is not getting anywhere near my premier league best ever "11". neithers Bale for that matter in case anyone wants to throw one in.

Edited by carmine

>Luis is one of the greatest footballers ever to play in this c

ountry

Give it a rest Alfie.

Wilai said...."FOR ME, Luis is one of the greatest footballs ever to play in this country". His opinion.

And for all Suarezs' faults, I dont think that he is too far off the mark. He would easily be one of the first names on every Premier League teams team sheet.

But as a previous poster said, this is for transfer rumours. If you disagree with a comment, then give your counter arguement and move on. Stop trying to create an issuerolleyes.gif

You might have been plod before but your not plod on here so plod off back to your own thread, he's got his own bias opinion and iv'e got mine, can't really see whats it got to do with you anyway 40.gif

ountry

Give it a rest Alfie.

Wilai said...."FOR ME, Luis is one of the greatest footballs ever to play in this country". His opinion.

And for all Suarezs' faults, I dont think that he is too far off the mark. He would easily be one of the first names on every Premier League teams team sheet.

But as a previous poster said, this is for transfer rumours. If you disagree with a comment, then give your counter arguement and move on. Stop trying to create an issuerolleyes.gif

Welcome to the moderation team Jack. smile.png

• Like 1

As i said already Bob, there are many people over the years, who have been caught up in media frenzies and had their lives turned completely upside down and destroyed by the tabloids, people who were unknown prior, people who never sought any sort of publicity, people who had no means for legal recourse or way of setting the records straight. These are the real victims of the British media. Save your tears for them.. not the multi-millionaire superstars who act like <deleted>.

Yes, the press might have zeroed in on Suarez, but by doing what he did at the end of the season, on top of all that he had already done, just proves they had good reason to. For him to now use the press as a reason for leaving the country is pathetic.

Why is it any different for someone who has money? Why is it any different for their family? The access the general public has to these people, the access cowardly keyboard warriors have, and thickies how spit venom at any chance to make themselves feel better because that's all they have. I don't think it's pathetic and unless you've experienced the same I don't know how you can judge.
It's not only about the money (although having it certainly does help paying for a top rate legal team that your average man on the street could never afford), it's about a person's chosen career. Footballers, along with movie stars, singers, celebrities, TV stars, sportsmen... all these people, depend on publicity, depend on the public taking an interest in them, and it is the public that effectively pays their generous wages, one way or another. And they all have sponsorship deals that use their face, their name, their image, their reputation, to sell things. Who these people are, is what their business is, and they get fantastic rewards from being in the papers, being on the TV, being in the media. And these people all know when they enter the profession they do, that they will be in the public spotlight. For most of them fame is one of the main things they have been striving for and dreaming about. I seriously doubt Suarez was any different in this regard.

This is why these people are different with regards their relationship with the media as compared to the man on the street who suddenly finds himself splashed all over the papers for no good reason, and this is why, when these people act like idiots, and this idiocy generates negative publicity, for them to then suddenly decide they don't so much like this fame thing, and cry about how unfair it is the way they are under the microscope, and say that they may have to move because of it, it is to my mind both pathetic and ridiculous.

There are so many real victims of the tabloids out there.. save your sympathy for them... they are the ones who need it.

• Like 1

<

blockquote>

ountry

Give it a rest Alfie.

Alfie is past moderating. Like the class dunce at the back of the class, everyone kind of gives up on him.

But it just becomes a bit boring after a while. He made his point, but I just think Alfie gets off on creating arguments. I would prefer to have the banter and the entertainment without getting personal and arguing for the sake of arguing. If I want that I will just converse with the Mrs.thumbsup.gif

Edited by JacknDanny
  • Like 1

Give it a rest Alfie.

Alfie is past moderating. Like the class dunce at the back of the class, everyone kind of gives up on him.

But it just becomes a bit boring after a while. He made his point, but I just think Alfie gets off on creating arguments. I would prefer to have the banter and the entertainment without getting personal and arguing for the sake of arguing. If I want that I will just converse with the Mrs.thumbsup.gif

To be fair Jack, it just gets my goat when people are so obviously bias towards their own club, a bit like you and mancini i suppose biggrin.png

Give it a rest Alfie.

To be fair Jack, it just gets my goat when people are so obviously bias towards their own club, a bit like you and mancini i suppose biggrin.png

That was Man Lovelaugh.png

As i said already Bob, there are many people over the years, who have been caught up in media frenzies and had their lives turned completely upside down and destroyed by the tabloids, people who were unknown prior, people who never sought any sort of publicity, people who had no means for legal recourse or way of setting the records straight. These are the real victims of the British media. Save your tears for them.. not the multi-millionaire superstars who act like &lt;deleted&gt;.

Yes, the press might have zeroed in on Suarez, but by doing what he did at the end of the season, on top of all that he had already done, just proves they had good reason to. For him to now use the press as a reason for leaving the country is pathetic.

Why is it any different for someone who has money? Why is it any different for their family? The access the general public has to these people, the access cowardly keyboard warriors have, and thickies how spit venom at any chance to make themselves feel better because that's all they have. I don't think it's pathetic and unless you've experienced the same I don't know how you can judge.
It's not only about the money (although having it certainly does help paying for a top rate legal team that your average man on the street could never afford), it's about a person's chosen career. Footballers, along with movie stars, singers, celebrities, TV stars, sportsmen... all these people, depend on publicity, depend on the public taking an interest in them, and it is the public that effectively pays their generous wages, one way or another. And they all have sponsorship deals that use their face, their name, their image, their reputation, to sell things. Who these people are, is what their business is, and they get fantastic rewards from being in the papers, being on the TV, being in the media. And these people all know when they enter the profession they do, that they will be in the public spotlight. For most of them fame is one of the main things they have been striving for and dreaming about. I seriously doubt Suarez was any different in this regard.

This is why these people are different with regards their relationship with the media as compared to the man on the street who suddenly finds himself splashed all over the papers for no good reason, and this is why, when these people act like idiots, and this idiocy generates negative publicity, for them to then suddenly decide they don't so much like this fame thing, and cry about how unfair it is the way they are under the microscope, and say that they may have to move because of it, it is to my mind both pathetic and ridiculous.

There are so many real victims of the tabloids out there.. save your sympathy for them... they are the ones who need it.

We are talking about footballers here, not Jodie Marsh or Peter Andre.

• Like 1

Papers slagging him off again for stating you don't say no to Madrid. Pepe said exactly the same last week regarding Barca and not a word was said! Still wish he'd keep his mouth shut tho'...on and off the f***in pitch.

PS: Why aren't my smilies working?

Rumours

Tevez could leave City. MLS, Corinthians, Juventus and Monaco all mentioned. I thought he was a few years over 30. Apparently he's only 29.

David Villa is interesting Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Fabregas could be going to Manchester? Either club in the running according to some.

Darren Bent will surely go somewhere.

Lukaku an outside target for Liverpool (probably BS, who knows)

Bale or Suarez? Can Real afford both or do they want one over the other?

David Luiz may not be wanted by "the Great One," probably returning as manager to Chelsea.

Atsu, a winger I've barely just heard of, is apparently interesting Premier League clubs such as Liverpool.

And lastly...Cristiano Ronaldo to Buriram FC

These are the rumours I'm hearing today...

Big breaking news and Luis Suarez has confirmed he wants to leave
Liverpool. The striker said: 'My reason for leaving is not the money.
It is my family and my image. I don't feel comfortable here anymore.' He
is unhappy with treatment by the press but says he has not received any
offers yet.

Liverpool would reluctantly allow Suarez go for not a penny under £50m .Word is that Real will offer Benzema or Higuian plus £30-£20m ...Liverpool would prefer Benzema.

Probably another unlikely scenario. Benzema or Higuain ? Higuain with much more pace. Benzema more of a classic #9. I like Higuain myself. Smart player. Has scored a ton of goals at Real Madrid, but without much acclaim in the shadow of Ronaldo. He's the current leader in goals in the South American WC Qualifiers. One more than Messi and Suarez.

^ Sky Sports Breaking News....happens to be a re-hash of yesterdays interview. Not saying he isn't gonna go, but this isn't new stuff, it was reported 24 hours ago.

If you think he will still be there after the windows closed, he is 3/1.

Personally I think that priced at 3/1 to still be there, he is almost certain to go!!

2/9 to go.

Liverpool would reluctantly allow Suarez go for not a penny under £50m .Word is that Real will offer Benzema or Higuian plus £30-£20m ...Liverpool would prefer Benzema.

Any news on who Benzema or Higuian would prefer?.......Liverpool seems a bit of a come down.

Any news on who Benzema or Higuian would prefer?.......Liverpool seems a bit of a come down.

There has been a lot of talk that Higuain would go to Juventus, but talk only.

no news just rumour!

rumour is from my mate macca...Benzema would prefer to join liverpool and play in a front 3 alongside suarez and messi ... in the champions league ...this season .All 3 players have been spotted learning scouse in Aphrodite's lap dancing bar (underneath the pen and wig).

^ Sky Sports Breaking News....happens to be a re-hash of yesterdays interview. Not saying he isn't gonna go, but this isn't new stuff, it was reported 24 hours ago.

Personally I think that priced at 3/1 to still be there, he is almost certain to go!!

2/9 to go.

Official Statement this PM.....Luis Suarez is not for sale – neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings directly to LFC.

The Club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. We will not be making any further comment at this stage.

Might take some of that 3/1.

Edited by wilai

2/9 to go.

Official Statement this PM.....Luis Suarez is not for sale – neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings directly to LFC.

The Club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. We will not be making any further comment at this stage.

Soi what exactly would you expect them to say? he's pissed with the uk and tbh, give us 45 mil and we'd be happy bunnies clap2.gif

• Like 1

2/9 to go.

Soi what exactly would you expect them to say? he's pissed with the uk and tbh, give us 45 mil and we'd be happy bunnies clap2.gif

oh no, i know what they could have said 'sori lads 40 mils 'get out's' a bit to low, lets renegotiate!!!!cheesy.gif whoops!!!!!