2013/2014 Transfer Rumours

BangrakBob

or the set up for Dirk against Man U? If Spurs had a forward like him, you probably would have won the league this year, not finished out of the CL places.

If we'd had Mickey Mouse playing up front for us we would have done better !

I thought you did have.

whistling.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You appear to have forgotten to highlight the 1st two words of the paragraph. All about opinions laddie. For instance, I don't remember any player who could have come close to scoring that goal against Newcastle. Can you?

bergkamp maybe. but perhaps not at that pace. it was an incredible goal.

• Like 1

Just in case Google is beyond you Alfie, Here's a description, confirmed by John Barnes (you must remember him!)

In any given campaign there'll be a handful of thirty-yard screamers, intricate team-goals, thumping volleys and delicate finishes vying for top-spot in the myriad end-of-season polls. They'll all have merit and plenty to recommend them but sometimes there's a strike that has something extra-special about it, a touch of flair or outrageous ability that marks it out as unique. To my mind the stunning goal scored by Luis Suarez against Newcastle this season, is one of these.

In a stark departure from the death by football philosophy espoused by Brendan Rodgers as the season began, this was the most beautifully direct of goals. Jose Enrique has spoken about how, when he gets on the ball, he immediately, instinctively looks for Luis Suarez. So, after taking the ball on his chest he glanced up and saw Suarez trying to get beyond Argentinian international and bouffant enthusiast, Fabricio Coloccini. A quick touch to set himself on his left foot and he hit a bobbling ball on the half-volley, with admirable precision, straight into the Uruguayan's path. What followed was magical.

At full pace and with the hirsute Argentinian doing all within his power to ease Suarez away from the goal area, the striker produced a piece of bravura control with his left shoulder. The co-ordination required to watch the flight of the ball and kill it in the fashion he did is probably the single most incredible aspect of an utterly beguiling goal. In a stunningly fluid movement, Suarez allowed the ball to drop, rolled it to the right, thereby completely evading the onrushing Tim Krul, and then dinked it back in the opposite direction with the outside of his dexterous right boot.

The virtuoso number seven, pleasingly, did not break his stride as he followed into the net whilst setting about his complicated hand-kissing ritual, picked up the ball as it bounced into his arms and continued back out of the goal to celebrate. It was all seamlessly elegant. A visual delight. A thing so beautiful that one never tires of viewing it.

John Barnes, a man who scored some of the most incredible goals I've ever seen, was effusive in his praise of the strike. The Anfield legend spoke of the unique skills possessed by our Uruguayan goal-poacher.

"I don't think there's another player in the world who could have scored that goal," Barnes opined. "I don't think [Lionel] Messi, [Cristiano] Ronaldo, [Robin] van Persie or anyone could have scored it. The pace he was running at, to control the ball and then to change pace, to relax, to calm down and slow down, to not run out or kick the ball out of play on his second touch and put it in was just incredible."

No need to thank me.

• Like 1

You appear to have forgotten to highlight the 1st two words of the paragraph. All about opinions laddie. For instance, I don't remember any player who could have come close to scoring that goal against Newcastle. Can you?

Sorry i don't remember seeing the goal, but i'm sure it was a good one if you say so 37.gif

Google is your friend

i'm really not that interested, i'd rather have a cup of tea coffee1.gif

Sorry i don't remember seeing the goal, but i'm sure it was a good one if you say so 37.gif

Google is your friend

i'm really not that interested, i'd rather have a cup of tea coffee1.gif

Go on Alfie you know you want to...here it is 3 times biggrin.png

• Like 1

Van persil could do that and better biggrin.png

Lucky bounce if u ask me.....racist biting streak of piss he is,and now he is showing your club up for all the backing it gave him embarrassing really.Same as Rooney get rid.

You seem to speak English but appear incapable of writing in a coherent fashion. Anyway, Heynckes to Madrid.

Cheers

I am not a teacher,hope your writing has the desired affect on some,in the mean time i will keep learning to be fashionably coherent.

Mate, they weren't out for him from the offset. From the offset he was diving about all over the place. Now had he been crap, nobody would have noticed or cared much, but he wasn't crap, he was the dog's <deleted>, so all eyes were on him.

Yes we all know that the British Press has its problems, to say the least, but people like Suarez, who court controversy as much as he does, these aren't the innocent victims of the British media that need our sympathy, these are the guys who shouldn't winge and moan about all the nasty journalists that have it in for them, these are the guys who should leave it to other people to talk about that sort of stuff, these are the guys who should simply hold up their hands and accept the stupid things they have done that have put them in the spotlight, and change their ways. Or to put it another way, man up. All these excuses, justifications, reasons why it's really not their fault... makes me want to retch... so pathetic.

I don't know how you can not see that they were out to get him as soon as he stepped out of line, it was a pure witch hunt from the start. I'm not defending Suarez actions, but the media did a good job on him and it worked. A great example of its success were the tabloid influenced, frenzied and OTT comments on this forum.

As i said already Bob, there are many people over the years, who have been caught up in media frenzies and had their lives turned completely upside down and destroyed by the tabloids, people who were unknown prior, people who never sought any sort of publicity, people who had no means for legal recourse or way of setting the records straight. These are the real victims of the British media. Save your tears for them.. not the multi-millionaire superstars who act like <deleted>.

Yes, the press might have zeroed in on Suarez, but by doing what he did at the end of the season, on top of all that he had already done, just proves they had good reason to. For him to now use the press as a reason for leaving the country is pathetic.

• Like 1

Mate, they weren't out for him from the offset. From the offset he was diving about all over the place. Now had he been crap, nobody would have noticed or cared much, but he wasn't crap, he was the dog's <deleted>, so all eyes were on him.

Yes we all know that the British Press has its problems, to say the least, but people like Suarez, who court controversy as much as he does, these aren't the innocent victims of the British media that need our sympathy, these are the guys who shouldn't winge and moan about all the nasty journalists that have it in for them, these are the guys who should leave it to other people to talk about that sort of stuff, these are the guys who should simply hold up their hands and accept the stupid things they have done that have put them in the spotlight, and change their ways. Or to put it another way, man up. All these excuses, justifications, reasons why it's really not their fault... makes me want to retch... so pathetic.

I don't know how you can not see that they were out to get him as soon as he stepped out of line, it was a pure witch hunt from the start. I'm not defending Suarez actions, but the media did a good job on him and it worked. A great example of its success were the tabloid influenced, frenzied and OTT comments on this forum.
As i said already Bob, there are many people over the years, who have been caught up in media frenzies and had their lives turned completely upside down and destroyed by the tabloids, people who were unknown prior, people who never sought any sort of publicity, people who had no means for legal recourse or way of setting the records straight. These are the real victims of the British media. Save your tears for them.. not the multi-millionaire superstars who act like <deleted>.

Yes, the press might have zeroed in on Suarez, but by doing what he did at the end of the season, on top of all that he had already done, just proves they had good reason to. For him to now use the press as a reason for leaving the country is pathetic.

When did he go? Jai yen yen lads. Everytime he goes to Uruguay, these stories come out. To paraphrase Senor Benitez. LS has a long term contract with Liverpool FC. FACT.... He cannot leave LFC without their agreement. FACT....Any clause 40m+ is one to speak to the player/club not a guaranteed agreement. FACT....He isn't the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy. FACT....And that's it folks, back to RUSH 2112.

And the real irony,is that the majority of fans that are now coming out as 'understanding; how terrible the press are and 'understanding' how they could force him to leave ,endorse said journals by regularly reading and or buying them clap2.gif

• Like 1

When did he go? Jai yen yen lads. Everytime he goes to Uruguay, these stories come out. To paraphrase Senor Benitez. LS has a long term contract with Liverpool FC. FACT.... He cannot leave LFC without their agreement. FACT....Any clause 40m+ is one to speak to the player/club not a guaranteed agreement. FACT....He isn't the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy. FACT....And that's it folks, back to RUSH 2112.

And all of these FACTS are backed up by what and where EXACTLY?

Why is it any different for someone who has money? Why is it any different for their family? The access the general public has to these people, the access cowardly keyboard warriors have, and thickies how spit venom at any chance to make themselves feel better because that's all they have. I don't think it's pathetic and unless you've experienced the same I don't know how you can judge.

or maybe not?

he states that the papparazzi have been chasing his daughter and wife into the kindergarten

- he repeatedly states that he loves the city of Liverpool, the club, and the fans

- the "no one defended me" quote is about journalists, not the club or fans

- he hasn't decided to move abroad (yet), but if harassment of his family continues, then he knows what to choose

- there is nothing discussed with Real Madrid or other clubs

- Suarez was annoyed with Uruguayan media for constantly asking him about this rather than the games against France and Venezuela (it was clear that our media wants him in Spain)

- he doesn't exactly think highly of David Cameron, and says that the PM has better things to do

- he never thought that he could win the Player of the Year awards, with the UK media so against him. Even so, some players (here he mentions Gerrard) decided to openly back him

- he says, several times, that the Ivanovic incident was his <deleted> up

Dont forget the racism bit, the handshake thingy, or the 16? game ban, and I believe he said if real Madrid came knocking he'd find it hard to say no to them, nothing new there in fairness, most would, but 4 me what it means is he'd go if the right offer came And tbh i see him fitting well in madrids current set up.as opposed to bale who arguab;y does the same job as ronny and at 40 ish mil release clause he'd could well be a far cheaper option than bale with 3 yrs of his contract leftwai2.gif ,

I thought this thread was about transfer rumours.

Pity it developed into a boring Luis Suarez rant. saai.gif

What happened to the good old days of sparkling repartee ?

(Stuffs flat cap back on head and shuffles off stage left).

• Like 2

I thought this thread was about transfer rumours.

Pity it developed into a boring Luis Suarez rant. saai.gif

What happened to the good old days of sparkling repartee ?

(Stuffs flat cap back on head and shuffles off stage left).

surely suarez is the transfer rumor ATM.