Thailand Expresses Enthusiasm To Welcome British P M David Cameron

webfact

Thailand expresses enthusiasm to welcome British PM

BANGKOK, 22 May 2013 (NNT) – Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul has expressed Thailand’s enthusiasm to welcome the British Prime Minister and hope that the latter would consider a return visit to Thailand at his earliest convenience.

Mr Surapong conveyed the call through the visiting British Minister of State for Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs, Right Honorable Hugo Swire, during their meeting at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs yesterday.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra made an official visit to the United Kingdom in November 2012. British Prime Minister David Cameron was supposed to make a return visit in April which was later postponed.

Mr Surapong and the visiting British minister also discussed several aspects of cooperation, ranging from trade and investment to tourism.

The Thai Foreign Minister expressed satisfaction over a rising number of British tourists visiting Thailand, numbering around 1 million each year, the highest compared to other European visitors.

Mr Swire however expressed concerns over the safety and welfare of British nationals who travel to Thailand. On this issue, Foreign Minister Surapong reiterated the significance Thailand has attached to the provision of safety to foreign tourists.

He said besides that the just concluded Thailand-United Kingdom Strategic Dialogue in Bangkok has established a bilateral mechanism to look after tourists’ welfare and security.

Mr Surapong reiterated that Thailand looked forward to Prime Minister David Cameron’s visit. As England is a role model for other democratic countries, he said Mr Cameron’s visit would be meaningful and Thailand hoped to share with the British government its experience in reconciliation to political conflicts.

The two ministers also discussed regional problems related to Rohingyas , the South China Sea and the situation on the Korean peninsula.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-05-22 footer_n.gif

Ah wee Davy is going to be allowed out for a trip is he? That'll be nice for the folks in the UK to be rid of this piece of sputem for a while. Better still stay home wee laddie and don't come to visit until you develop a conscience.

I guess you're not a Tory then.

• Like 2

Ah wee Davy is going to be allowed out for a trip is he? That'll be nice for the folks in the UK to be rid of this piece of sputem for a while. Better still stay home wee laddie and don't come to visit until you develop a conscience.

I have a big feeling HE is on a downward spiral, similar to Thailand admin. In 2 years time both he and Pm YT are going to struggle to get back in-UNLESS there is a transformation with Tory and PTP.

I doubt Thailand will get monies out of him-as he has a massive problem at Home.

Money given away in handouts there and corruption here.

• Like 1

No need to drag Cammy over. He wouldn't like it ... can't get a decent bottle of wine at knockdown prices here like he can at home.

Anyway I feel so much safer with this new tourist's bilateral welfare and safety mechanism in place.

'he said Mr Cameron’s visit would be meaningful and Thailand hoped to share with the British government its experience in reconciliation to political conflicts.'

I'd love to listen in on that conversation.

It's pretty bloody obvious that our "Dave" isn't a real Tory - that's the problem that true UK Tories have with him!

• Like 1

I'm not a Tory, I hate them, and I hate Labour even worse.

• Like 2

Maybe Yingluck can persuade him to stop discriminating against UK pensioners living in Thailand by unfreezing our State Pension. Think of the benefits this would have for Issaan.

Shutting out Thai widows from continuing to receive UK pensions after hubbie kicks the bucket will do the trick.

Come into the UK in a back of a lorry, no TB checks, house medical and money all on a plate and waiting for you. go through the UKBA visa program to get your wife/ girlfriend into the UK and get shafted and fleeced, I know from biiter experience.

Thailand Expresses Enthusiasm To Welcome British P M David Cameron

For some reason I thought it said

Thailand Introduces Euthanasia To Welcome British P M David Cameron

Time to get the eyes tested again..............sad.png

• Like 1

Cameron is a waste of space, just look at his weak response over the Woolwich terrorist murder - http://meebal.com/cameron-attacks-woolwich-terrorist-act-and-states-britain-will-never-buckle-to-terrorism/

It's time the UK found a Prime Minister that wasn't an invertebrate.

I shudder to think what you think his response should be. Please share.

• Like 1

Come into the UK in a back of a lorry, no TB checks, house medical and money all on a plate and waiting for you. go through the UKBA visa program to get your wife/ girlfriend into the UK and get shafted and fleeced, I know from biiter experience.

I assume your experience is trying to get your wife/girlfriend into the UK and not related to coming into the country as an illegal immigrant. Illegal immigrants don't get handed houses or benefits.

I had no trouble getting my then girlfriend into the UK for a holiday but then my circumstances were probably different. I agree we should be able to do that without too much trouble.

• Like 1

Keep that <deleted> in the UK, he has caused enough problems without getting involved in anything to do with Thailand.

Cameron and his pussy party policies have instilled racial hatred in the UK. Cameron and his government cannot deport known terrorist due to its soft ass attitude to UK/ European policy, this will only end in civil war at the cost off thousands off lives.

Can't wait to read some of your replies but before you do read what happened to an ex soldier yesterday in London before you try and tell me how great he is.

• Like 2