Nab Or Citibank Best For Sending Oza$ To Self Here In Siam

Also any preference between Kasikorn which is nearby and handy and SCB which has a plusher Office reflected in I get lower rate

I visited citi's only branch in Asoke and despite showing my Citi ard they wanted 30,000 bahts endless paperwork to transfer from Citi in Oz and did not seem to offer as good a rate as NAB to Kasikorn.

I'm looking at around $11k whch is around 318k baht less any fees

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kasikorn will charge 500 baht and I get their rate on the day nealy always better than SCB IMHO.

Problem is NAB do not have a"correspondant" bank in Thailand so I think go via Commonwaelth or ANZ? meaning 2x$22 fees and delay and no doubt the lower of any two given rates.

I have asked local staff at SCB but very hard to get antthing clear from them.Attitude seems to be if you San Sen baht you can afford to be fleeced regularly.

Any advice welcome

Dont use any bank, you can sign up with OZforex for free, better rates and lower charges. If you are in Sydney you can transfer through one of the money transfer offices and get the best rate and no charges. Always send the money in $AUD if using a bank to tramsfer.

• Like 1

Dont use any bank, you can sign up with OZforex for free, better rates and lower charges. If you are in Sydney you can transfer through one of the money transfer offices and get the best rate and no charges. Always send the money in $AUD if using a bank to tramsfer.

+1

Best rates, cheapest, easiest (once you're set up - they need to verify an address in Australia) way to transfer money to Thailand if you have a bank account in the Kingdom, I don't think it matters which bank you use this end.

Don't end it to Siam the place stopped existing in the 1940's try Thailand, most people know where that place is

Agreed I stand corrected

However Is sit in the aircon of the svelte SIAM Commerial Bonk made ok Siam Cement and no doubt Siameasybank pussy cats

Its hard to take seriously a Funincial Insitution that has a Monkey on its web banking homepage Oh yes AFRIGGING MONKEY is it aclue

I kid you not guys

www.scb.co.th/en/news/2012-11-14/nws_121114_scb_easy_app‎

Nov 14, 2012 – The bank has also developed a set of “Easy Kun the Monkey” stickers for free download at LINE, a popular chat app. SCB

Thanks everyone the A$ seems to be doing a tad better awaiting Tony the mad monk on September 15 or Gina Rhinsteins largesse

As I am here and no plans to retur Oz It needs be an online solution