Got Friend In Chiang Rai Who Runs His Diesel/s On New Cooking Oil

this is not a joke he says he just buys the new cooking oil from makro and puts it in the tank he gets better millage and says it smoother and a hell of a lot cheaper , I know about old cooking oil, as i did a conversion way back, still have the mixing tank, now i don't think, he uses methanol . So any one tried this new cooking oil thing. I know the original diesel engine was made to run on peanut oil , sure would like to try, live on phuket and the price of fuel is dearer than off island plus we don't feel we get the same amount of fuel here , for the same money so reply with details, and no trolls please patrio

Has he got a conversion fitted to his vehicle.?

Diesel about 30baht a litre !! how much is cooking oil. ?

About 19 thb/l last time I checked....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"plus we don't feel we get the same amount of fuel here"

???

Sorry, I really don't understand this.

if we put 1000 baht worth in the tank s off island we get more fuel same price, diesel or petrol , THERE should should be a Thai weights and measures, here checking, if one asks for 500 baht diesel one gets 500 baht worth for sure ??? i had a container filled at 500 baht and it was 400 baht s worth after measure, if you can understand hope this explains it, patrio ps i don't think there is a big conversion required for using new cooking oil, I made bio diesel and ethanol was the thing that made it fire ,plus to complete the process i had to put in a shot of sulfuric acid whilst it mixed very worrying google making your own bio diesel

???

if we put 1000 baht worth in the tank s off island we get more fuel same price, diesel or petrol , THERE should should be a Thai weights and measures, here checking, if one asks for 500 baht diesel one gets 500 baht worth for sure ??? i had a container filled at 500 baht and it was 400 baht s worth after measure, if you can understand hope this explains it, patrio ps i don't think there is a big conversion required for using new cooking oil, I made bio diesel and ethanol was the thing that made it fire ,plus to complete the process i had to put in a shot of sulfuric acid whilst it mixed very worrying google making your own bio diesel

So you're saying fuel is more expensive here. True when compared to Bangkok, but not by much.

The rest of your post again raises more questionmarks than it is an explanation. If you ask for 500 Baht but only get 400 you go back to the shop, right? And what does that have to do with the price of diesel?

By 'we' I presume you mean 'I'?

???

Now I understand you.

What you appear to say is that the cost of diesel per litre is cheaper on the mainland that on the island.

If that is what you meant then the gas stations will say it costs extra to get it to the island.

Diesel is cheaper on the highways than in the big villages here in Khampaeng Phet province and is more expensive in the remoter villages.

???

Now I understand you.

What you appear to say is that the cost of diesel per litre is cheaper on the mainland that on the island.

If that is what you meant then the gas stations will say it costs extra to get it to the island.

Diesel is cheaper on the highways than in the big villages here in Khampaeng Phet province and is more expensive in the remoter villages.

30.43 at the moment here on the island he is complaining about. Bangkok I think 29,99 Baht.

he uses methanol

He could probably use E85?

I've heard you can run diesels on a 80/20 diesel/petrol mix. But never had a diesel so...

One would think if it was cheaper Thai farmers would be running their mechanical buffaloes on cooking oil? From memory they use light diesel.

Iron buffaloes will happily run on cooking oil (new or used).

The chap who collects our used oil from the restaurant now pays us for it, five years ago we paid him to take it away, two years ago it was free collection.

He puts it 50/50 with diesel in his old Nissan pickup, exhaust smells of fried fish tongue.png

I don't think I'll risk putting anything other than diesel in my common-rail engine mind.

• Like 1

Would you not need to change the rubber tubes and other rubber bits.

Cooking oil can dissolve it.

Biodiesel has been blamed for seal failures, vegetable oil does not appear to have the same issues (biodiesel is not the same stuff as vegetable oil). http://www.dieselveg.com/faqs.htm these guys also do conversion kits for running on 100% veg I expect they'll ship a DIY kit to sunny Thailand for a price.

No, I'm still not putting veg in my Ranger although all(?) diesel sold in Thailand is up to 3% veg oil anyway.

Would you not need to change the rubber tubes and other rubber bits.

Cooking oil can dissolve it.

Biodiesel has been blamed for seal failures, vegetable oil does not appear to have the same issues (biodiesel is not the same stuff as vegetable oil). http://www.dieselveg.com/faqs.htm these guys also do conversion kits for running on 100% veg I expect they'll ship a DIY kit to sunny Thailand for a price.

No, I'm still not putting veg in my Ranger although all(?) diesel sold in Thailand is up to 3% veg oil anyway.

Two years ago there was no oil of any kind available in the supermarkets, because it was sold to produce biodiesel. That's the point where biodiesel was cancelled in Thailand.

So biodiesel must be made of vegetable oil.

So biodiesel must be made of vegetable oil.

Indeed it is, biodiesel is made by processing vegetable oil with methanol and sodium hydroxide. Diesel engines can also run on straight vegetable oil (SVO) with modifications to the fuel system.

Mixing of small amounts (3%) of vegi oil with normal diesel is normal here (and in the EU).

Ever since Diesel has been used by private Motorists to go Shopping Governments wordwide have been reluctant to reduce its price. IMO it should be used by Transport Companies. A Small Grocery Getter is all most Ferangs need here,not 3Litre Trucks to pop to Tesco.coffee1.gif

Ever since Diesel has been used by private Motorists to go Shopping Governments wordwide have been reluctant to reduce its price. IMO it should be used by Transport Companies. A Small Grocery Getter is all most Ferangs need here,not 3Litre Trucks to pop to Tesco.coffee1.gif

You right not need because I want a 7 ltr V8 to go to Big 'C'.laugh.png

Edited by Kwasaki

You right not need because I want a 7 ltr V8 to go to Big 'C'.laugh.png

So does Trans Am.cheesy.gif

• Like 1