So You Think You Have Bought From A Reputable Company

better than riding an illegal bike and get stopped by the police 5 times a day bsj.

At least this way, you can show the shop your frustration and let their customers see and notice this fiasco and call the Television reporters there too and let everyone be aware of this including some powerful officials. Once this is in television channels, sure someone will take care of this.

I think we can agree to disagree on this issue.

• 4 weeks later...

well just to keep all parties up to date, i decided to just keep the bike in the previous owners name and keep it, taxing it as normal, until today when i went to collect my new tax disc as was told that the bike cannot be re-taxed. since i posted the thread the section of collingbournes website that states if the paperwork is not correct you get your money back has been removed......any suggestions does anyone think i still have a chance chasing it through court. obviously i do have an official receipt from collingbournes.

As my old uncle Percy used to say - "caviar temptor"

I doubt that; I reckon Uncle Percy used to say "caviat emptor", as this story has nothing to do with any fish-eggs . . . . . . . .

giggle.gif

nope it was deffo "caviar temptor".....that said, he was a coal miner from Rhyll..

• Like 1

I was interested in possibly buying a bike at Collingbournes auctions mostly due to the gaurantee stated on the site. I just checked and this now states only that they will help with the transfer.So we are now back to buyer beware as at any auction.Doubt i'll even go look now.